OT: 2014 FIFA World Cup - Deutschland über alles

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I almost feel bad for Brazil after that game....Almost.

I feel *really* bad for Brazil - one of my college housemates is from there - she's from Rio...so I wanted them to win for her (and for her husband and parents, who I'm pretty close to). I don't think she's devastated or anything - she's too hipster to act like she cares about the WC in her own country :laugh: but her husband is a massive homer...and as hilarious as getting the translate on his portuguese rants on my FB is, i feel pretty bad for them.

...but i'm kinda laughing at the rants tho :laugh:

Where's Bubba? I hope he isn't getting too carried away in the celebrations.

He usually clocks in early morning N.Am time. If we don't hear from him by tomorrow evening, I think our automatic conclusion should be he got blackout drunk, assaulted a police officer, and was then arrested.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Where's Bubba? I hope he isn't getting too carried away in the celebrations.
Here and still ****ing happy. Tired but worth it. Need to get monday off from work for sure now :laugh:
He usually clocks in early morning N.Am time. If we don't hear from him by tomorrow evening, I think our automatic conclusion should be he got blackout drunk, assaulted a police officer, and was then arrested.
Wasn't possible... needed to go to work.

Just think about that same line on Sunday again if Germany wins

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
I almost feel bad for Brazil after that game....Almost.

I don't. They got exactly what was coming to them. They gooned it up the entire tournament, notably in the Chile and Colombia games where the referees also let things get way out of hand. Against Colombia they were attacking Rodriguez every chance they got and the Colombians I thought showed excellent restraint until the end.

Brazil seemed nowhere like the typically talented, free-flowing, well playing soccer teams of years past. Seemed just like a bunch of thugs to me. So it's only appropriate they go out in a devastating, record-setting embarrassing defeat.

Sir Psycho T

More Cowbell!
Oct 1, 2008
Redwood City, CA
David Luiz looked an absolute mess out there.

Not only his play but his attitude.

I CAN'T BELIEVE! Chelsea somehow suckered PSG into paying 50 million Pounds for him.

That is one of the greatest robberies ever pulled off in the history of the world.

Sir Psycho T

More Cowbell!
Oct 1, 2008
Redwood City, CA
460x194.gif.6b60bee0e95a0131a42d22000b2204cd.large

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Gave it some thought and research and came up with a good "other sport" comparison to Brazil getting absolutely thumped on home soil in the World Cup yesterday. Read somewhere they haven't lost an international game on home soil in something like 40 years. Think Canada losing 14-0 in an Olympic/World Cup hockey semifinal game in Toronto or Montreal or the like. Seems completely inconceivable when you make comparisons like that to put it in perspective.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Gave it some thought and research and came up with a good "other sport" comparison to Brazil getting absolutely thumped on home soil in the World Cup yesterday. Read somewhere they haven't lost an international game on home soil in something like 40 years. Think Canada losing 14-0 in an Olympic/World Cup hockey semifinal game in Toronto or Montreal or the like. Seems completely inconceivable when you make comparisons like that to put it in perspective.

Yep that's a good comparison. Or say the New England Patriots in their heyday losing 130-3 in the playoffs to someone.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Germany vs Argentina

last time Germany won the WC was 1990 against Argentina. This will be a tough game and I don't see a big gap between both Teams. 7-1 fine, but this game will start with 0-0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad