Prospect Info: 2014 Development Camp

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
He came out for a spin, was taken to the side by Pierre Doiron, gestured wildly and threw some fine china, and is now sitting in the cold tub.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Playing against younger kids tonight with much lesser pedigrees, he wasn't an impact player. That's not a good sign.

But obviously being the youngest kid in the AHL playing against men with better pedigrees and scoring 30 goals is a fantastic sign for Puempel then right?

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Yes

It's my understanding that he was there and played except for the first day

Hip issue. Fine now.

He's one guy I hope they do not move. He is a year away from really trying to make the club. He has been developed properly; not rushed. Should get a call up this year. I prefer him as an RW I think, but he can play the LW as well. Puempel I see as LW.

A Puempel - Pageau - Prince line could be huge in Binghamton.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Hip issue. Fine now.

He's one guy I hope they do not move. He is a year away from really trying to make the club. He has been developed properly; not rushed. Should get a call up this year. I prefer him as an RW I think, but he can play the LW as well. Puempel I see as LW.

A Puempel - Pageau - Prince line could be huge in Binghamton.

Glad to see that Shane Prince was nursing a hip injury that day..................

Instead of the rumors that were circulating about him due to the fact that he did not skate 1 day at camp............

At times this blog seems to be ruled by rumors and gossip more so in the off season...............

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
At times this blog seems to be ruled by rumors and gossip more so in the off season...............

Absolutely. Especially because there is no immediate game action to look forward to. Its all about the crystal ball theory of being a fan.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Glad to see that Shane Prince was nursing a hip injury that day..................

Instead of the rumors that were circulating about him due to the fact that he did not skate 1 day at camp............

Prince did skate the first day, and was taken off the ice and went in to see Murray, within the same time frame of Murray talking a trade. No mention was made of a hip injury at the time. calm down man and know all the facts before pointing fingers...:shakehead

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Prince did skate the first day, and was taken off the ice and went in to see Murray, within the same time frame of Murray talking a trade. No mention was made of a hip injury at the time. calm down man and know all the facts before pointing fingers...:shakehead

He seemed perfectly calm.

I think his point is that in absence of fact, as you point out, people jumped to the conclusion that he refused to take part/demanded a trade/was part of a trade, which was erroneous.

The truth is, no mention of anything was made at the time, and when it was finally addressed it turns out it was a hip injury.

Perhaps people should know all of the facts before jumping to conclusions instead?

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com

I think his point is that in absence of fact, as you point out, people jumped to the conclusion that he refused to take part/demanded a trade/was part of a trade, which was erroneous.

The truth is, no mention of anything was made at the time, and when it was finally addressed it turns out it was a hip injury.

Perhaps people should know all of the facts before jumping to conclusions instead?

disagree, he was being sarcastic, which is not illegal, but nonetheless I felt was uncalled for as no one was throwing anyone under the bus at that point.

To be perfectly fair in the above posts I never mentioned a trade, etc. It was reported by a guy at training camp on twitter, and surprise surprise the Sun ran with it and suggest a trade was in the works. A day or so prior to this and immediately after Murray stated to the media that a trade was in the works that involved prospects. The way Prince came off the ice (similar to players being scratched or pulled during the season before a trade), given the circumstances at the time (you're right NO mention of anything at the time adds fuel), and the fact that he went straight into Murray's office and NOT the trainers/medical...coupled with the rumours of Prince wanting a trade earlier in the year...it wasn't a stretch to surmise a potential trade was nearly complete. Circumstantial evidence, for sure, but if circumstantial evidence is enough to get someone convicted of a criminal offence, I think its enough to talk trade rumours. We are not privy to what happens with regards to trade talk, right?

Furthermore, we don't know if Prince actually had a hip injury or not, maybe a trade was in the works and fell through. It wouldn't be the first time that happened, nor the last. Nor would it be the first time that a GM misled the media to save face with the player, which if that is the case, would be harmless imo.

I don't understand why you guys are taking issue with this specific point, no one is slagging Prince (who I think is an awesome player), or anyone else. It's not like its "Ill-informed fans/Media vs. Spezza: v.2.0"...

Confused by your last line as you are just restating what I had said to zeke, who seemed to be under the impression that Prince had not skated at all on the day in question.

at the end of the day, I was just curious what had happened to Prince, I wasn't trying to incite anything. I understand that people on here are sensitive given part of the fanbase's decision to go Salem Witch Trial on star players, but you can't snuff out ever bit of information just because you don't like it. If its overkill, I'd completely understand (like what happened with Spezza, Melnyk, etc), but I think the half a page of a thread was far from that.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

We need better reporters. Someone should have went right away and asked "what's up with prince?" And they'd say "prince is nursing a minor injury and is taking the day off" and within 20 minutes it would be tweeted but no. Let the rumours fly for over a week. Wish we could get even a tiny fraction of the coverage the leafs get when things like this happen. If kessel decided to have chocolate milk instead of regular milk for breakfast, you'd here about it, but we don't even have reports on on-ice hockey related events.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
We need better reporters. Someone should have went right away and asked "what's up with prince?" And they'd say "prince is nursing a minor injury and is taking the day off" and within 20 minutes it would be tweeted but no. Let the rumours fly for over a week. Wish we could get even a tiny fraction of the coverage the leafs get when things like this happen. If kessel decided to have chocolate milk instead of regular milk for breakfast, you'd here about it, but we don't even have reports on on-ice hockey related events.

agreed, I didn't see anything follow up by the Sun, or the blogs...although it may be there to be fair...hence why I asked.

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011

false. prince did not skate the first day. was not pulled aside while on the ice. was pulled aside before any of the prospects hit the ice (except for the goalies).

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
false. prince did not skate the first day. was not pulled aside while on the ice. was pulled aside before any of the prospects hit the ice (except for the goalies).

I wasn't there, just going based on what I read on senschirp's tweeter page on July 3

"Shane Prince, who has been involved in trade rumours before, left the ice in the middle of #Sens Development Camp today."

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
im the guy who told sens chirp about it originally. i think i would know what really happened :P

Last edited:

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
disagree, he was being sarcastic, which is not illegal, but nonetheless I felt was uncalled for as no one was throwing anyone under the bus at that point.

To be perfectly fair in the above posts I never mentioned a trade, etc. It was reported by a guy at training camp on twitter, and surprise surprise the Sun ran with it and suggest a trade was in the works. A day or so prior to this and immediately after Murray stated to the media that a trade was in the works that involved prospects. The way Prince came off the ice (similar to players being scratched or pulled during the season before a trade), given the circumstances at the time (you're right NO mention of anything at the time adds fuel), and the fact that he went straight into Murray's office and NOT the trainers/medical...coupled with the rumours of Prince wanting a trade earlier in the year...it wasn't a stretch to surmise a potential trade was nearly complete. Circumstantial evidence, for sure, but if circumstantial evidence is enough to get someone convicted of a criminal offence, I think its enough to talk trade rumours. We are not privy to what happens with regards to trade talk, right?

Furthermore, we don't know if Prince actually had a hip injury or not, maybe a trade was in the works and fell through. It wouldn't be the first time that happened, nor the last. Nor would it be the first time that a GM misled the media to save face with the player, which if that is the case, would be harmless imo.

I don't understand why you guys are taking issue with this specific point, no one is slagging Prince (who I think is an awesome player), or anyone else. It's not like its "Ill-informed fans/Media vs. Spezza: v.2.0"...

Confused by your last line as you are just restating what I had said to zeke, who seemed to be under the impression that Prince had not skated at all on the day in question.

at the end of the day, I was just curious what had happened to Prince, I wasn't trying to incite anything. I understand that people on here are sensitive given part of the fanbase's decision to go Salem Witch Trial on star players, but you can't snuff out ever bit of information just because you don't like it. If its overkill, I'd completely understand (like what happened with Spezza, Melnyk, etc), but I think the half a page of a thread was far from that.

"Big Papi":

Hum now you tell me that I am being sarcastic you must be a mind reader then as that was not my intent..... Thank God I am not going to jail for this...... I do my best not to throw any poster here under the bus you say, no reason to do that + why bother.........

Again rumors of Prince wanting a trade last season as you are repeating, again rumors and yet when I say something about rumors you get bent out of shape then roll your eyes...........

Perhaps you are saying it is OK for me (Big Papi) to do that not but not for you, wish I could use circular reasoning like that and apply it the way I want to..................

Now you tell us the General Manager of Ottawa is a fibber I am shocked how can you such a thing!!!!!!!!

I have no real desire to get in a urination contest with you, but please do not say I was being sarcastic as that is not my intent on this blog..... No time for it + am too dam old for that crap...............

Now back to Shane Prince I like him and I watched as he turned a corner in his development last season, hope he gets a some games up top next season.............................

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
"Big Papi":

Hum now you tell me that I am being sarcastic you must be a mind reader then as that was not my intent..... Thank God I am not going to jail for this...... I do my best not to throw any poster here under the bus you say, no reason to do that + why bother.........

Again rumors of Prince wanting a trade last season as you are repeating, again rumors and yet when I say something about rumors you get bent out of shape then roll your eyes...........

Perhaps you are saying it is OK for me (Big Papi) to do that not but not for you, wish I could use circular reasoning like that and apply it the way I want to..................

Now you tell us the General Manager of Ottawa is a fibber I am shocked how can you such a thing!!!!!!!!

I have no real desire to get in a urination contest with you, but please do not say I was being sarcastic as that is not my intent on this blog..... No time for it + am too dam old for that crap...............

Now back to Shane Prince I like him and I watched as he turned a corner in his development last season, hope he gets a some games up top next season.............................

I think maybe the issue is that you leave you use an ellipsis at the end of a sentence, which is sometimes construed as being a sign of sarcasm in internet speak, which is what I took it to mean in the context of what you wrote. I'm not familiar with you as a poster, but I can see through you additional posts that you use this all the time. And take you at your word that you did not intend it to be sarcastic.

as to me getting bent out of shape, I brought up the topic of Prince and if he had returned to the ice, and you brought said that this 'blog' is sometimes ruled by rumours. So I think its natural for me to assume you were talking about generally, but also about my post, hence why I felt the need to defend it. I mentioned the 'rumours' about the trade request, because I completely agree that that is what they are. But I was using it as a basis to explain why there was the interest in Prince's actions and the inferences with regards to Prince + a seemingly impending trade.

I was wrong to trust the word of a journalist type...it will never happen again, promise ;)

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
I think maybe the issue is that you leave you use an ellipsis at the end of a sentence, which is sometimes construed as being a sign of sarcasm in internet speak, which is what I took it to mean in the context of what you wrote. I'm not familiar with you as a poster, but I can see through you additional posts that you use this all the time. And take you at your word that you did not intend it to be sarcastic.

as to me getting bent out of shape, I brought up the topic of Prince and if he had returned to the ice, and you brought said that this 'blog' is sometimes ruled by rumours. So I think its natural for me to assume you were talking about generally, but also about my post, hence why I felt the need to defend it. I mentioned the 'rumours' about the trade request, because I completely agree that that is what they are. But I was using it as a basis to explain why there was the interest in Prince's actions and the inferences with regards to Prince + a seemingly impending trade.

I was wrong to trust the word of a journalist type...it will never happen again, promise ;)

"Big Papi":

Correct no sarcasm intended as I do not do that stuff, no time for it + why bother.

I might kid with some posters here but never insult anyone or make crude statements about them, just not my way.

I do my best to keep my posts factual and informative here.

As for opinions on players no 2 posters think alike all the time, and that is fine brings out different views.

I do think here there are too many rumors posted, I never do that I prefer facts. No disrespect to you intended in any way, just my general view of this blog.

I avoided the use of ellipsis on this post to you. Being honest I had to look up the word, laughing.

I do not know you very well on this blog, but look forward to reading additional posts in the future from you.

We have made too big of a mountain out of this mole hill already so lets move on, talk hockey.

Be Well..

Zeke

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille