Prospect Info: 2014 Development Camp – July 14-18 at FNC – See OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
I'll definitely be there this year, just don't know what days until I get my schedule. Will also be enjoying good beer and food before or after at lagerhaus 95 if anyone wants to meet up. Was great meeting Chain and Rob Paxon last year to compare sabres notes and stories.

I'll be taking notes and posting as well. Will probably run twitter updates again as well.

Looking forward to reading your notes.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
I know Armia had a good run in the playoffs this past year.

Realistically, does he make the team this year? Next year? Or will he be forever in Rochester, as a callup when needed to fill in for an injury?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Realistically, does he make the team this year? Next year? Or will he be forever in Rochester, as a callup when needed to fill in for an injury?

He will likely start in Rochester and be an injury call up until the deadline. After the deadline I'm expecting a RW spot or two to open up after Stewart and/or Stafford are traded.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I'm hoping to at least attend one full day (both sessions) and the scrimmage. I'll let you guys know if and when, in case anyone wants to meet up in the stands.

Last edited:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
A fee? I don't think there's ever been a fee. Plus free parking in the connected ramp. Limited concessions open. Food's not free however.

If I'm wrong, correct me.

I haven't heard much if it will be 10 or not again. the Sabres site has it hidden away, or I'm not seeing it. If anyone finds out (And I'm calling them too, so hopefully they'll answer), let us know :handclap:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA

Unless he so drastically forces the issue, there isn't much room for him as it currently stands - so I'd expect him in Rochester to begin with.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Well, unless two account services personnel are dead wrong....

The scrimmage on Tuesday, July 15th at 7:00pm, is free admission. Come one come all.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
There are usually some great threads around development camp time. Anyone motivated to dig those up from last year?

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I will definitely be at the scrimmage, we will have to have an HF board section to meet up with some of you guys!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Keep Hilbrich on the long-range radar. They like getting these guys in and working with them, even if it takes a long time to pay off.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Some blurbs on Pecararo:
Sure, Pecararo got bigger and stronger with a year of development. Although size and strength isn't really his game at 5-foot-9 and 150 pounds, even the slightest of gains can pay off exponentially in the game of hockey.

"His skillset is one that you could say he's a potential national league player if he stays on his path of development," O'Handley added. "His ability to handle the puck, his ability to see things, his ability to make plays was always there and I think it gets better as he gets bigger and stronger."

Demonstrating that were two plays in particular that led to goals in the series clincher against Sioux City Saturday night. Both involved lining things up just right to find the right man at the right time.

"He's deceptive, he's slippery. If you get him in traffic, he's not a big guy and has the ability to fend of a check, slide around it and still make a play," O'Handley said.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Will Girgensons participate? Or only prospects can?

he's taking part.

The camp roster is in the OP btw
Girgensons had 70 GP last season and the CBA excuses players who played "in excess of" 70 games, so strictly-speaking, he could be there, but my gut says they may graduate him from the camp. BTW, the OP roster is totally unofficial at this point and merely a projection until an official roster is released.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Don't the Pecararos sell cars? I think I hear there ads on WGR all the time. Maybe a relative.

You may be thinking of Fuccillo Chevrolet? - they are out of Grand Island.

I google Pecararos and I get a hair salon out of Lockport.

If his family owns it and he makes the Sabres, maybe they can be the official hairdresser of the Buffalo Sabres. LOL!

Last edited:

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
You may be thinking of Fuccillo Chevrolet? - they are out of Grand Island.

I google Pecararos and I get a hair salon out of Lockport.

If his family owns i and he makes the Sabres, maybe they can be the official hairdresser of the Buffalo Sabres. LOL!

He's thinking of Riverfront Auto.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Why aren't the new draft picks names' in the OP? Has it just not been updated yet because they would be attending correct?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Why aren't the new draft picks names' in the OP? Has it just not been updated yet because they would be attending correct?

Woodhouse's list in the OP is speculative, he probably just never bothered to update it, since you can just assume any new draftee will be there unless they have some extenuating circumstances. Visa issues seem to be the most common sticking point, thinking back on past years.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Woodhouse's list in the OP is speculative, he probably just never bothered to update it, since you can just assume any new draftee will be there unless they have some extenuating circumstances. Visa issues seem to be the most common sticking point, thinking back on past years.

He's even got "+ 8 draft picks" listed in the attending section, so it's likely WH just hasn't gotten around to updating the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad