2014 CBJ Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
At this point I favor us seeing if we can get a short term deal with any of Iggy, Vrbata or Cammalleri.

But if they don't bite, then we should look at the trade route. And of the players we've discussed so far, I like Eriksson (cheap), and Sharp (expensive). And I'm sure there's a lot more trade candidates we haven't even thought of.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Don't think his name has been thrown out yet but what about Milan Michalek for the top 6?

Feels like a replacement for RJ.

On to other things.

I have little issue with Hemsky; I prefer what he brings over Cammalleri. Although both suffer from injury history. Stastny would be my first choice. As I said a few months ago, 3 years for less than 14 for Hemsky would work fine for me.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
To Columbus:
Van Riemsdyk
To Toronto:
Foligno
Tyutin/1st rd

Also we don't necessarily need RW bc anisimov can play the wing we could shop for a center and keep Boone on wing too

Jvr Joey Horty
Boone Anisimov _____. ______ Boone Anisimov. Boone _______ Anisimov
Calvert Dubinsky Atkinson
Mackenzie Wennberg Letestu

Johnson Prout/Tyutin
Wiz Murray
Savard Erixon/Shultz/Golobeff

BOBROVSKY

Last edited by a moderator:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
To Columbus:
Van Riemsdyk
To Toronto:
Foligno
Tyutin/1st rd

Also we don't necessarily need RW bc anisimov can play the wing we could shop for a center and keep Boone on wing too

Jvr Joey Horty
Boone Anisimov _____. ______ Boone Anisimov. Boone _______ Anisimov
Mackenzie Wennberg Letestu

Johnson Prout/Tyutin
Wiz Murray
Savard Erixon/Shultz/Golobeff

BOBROVSKY

Toronto laughs and puts Jarmo on ignore

thebus2288*

Good. Foligno and Anisimov are guys this team needs to keep for the future. They play the game the right way, way different than JVR. I really don't get the JVR hype, he's a younger softer Nash.

Vrbata, Kulemin, Cammaleri

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Good. Foligno and Anisimov are guys this team needs to keep for the future. They play the game the right way, way different than JVR. I really don't get the JVR hype, he's a younger softer Nash.

Im not gonna say i'm willing to give up what it would take to get him but saying he's soft is false. Dude makes his living in front of the net

EDIT: Kulemin would be amazing with Arty and Foligno though if he could find a bit of his offense again. Always been a pretty big fan of the guy

Last edited:

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site

I think regardless of how players are acquired (trade or UFA), you have to take the organization at their word, they want players with speed and skill that fit into our system. The three you have listed are good. I'm curious to see at the draft players that will be made available via trade. All the "experts" seem to think that there will be more players than usual on the market.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
What about signing both Vanek and Raymond

Jenner Johansen Horton
Raymond Anisimov Vanek
Foligno Letestu Mackenzie
Rychel Wennberg Bjorkstrand
Hjalmarson Dano Anderson

Johnson Tyutin
Wisniewski Murray
Savard Prout
Erixon Shultz
Golobeuff Heatherington

Don't know what to do with comeau Nikita boll frattin umberger troop skille

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY

Foligno yes... Anisimov not so much.... dump Arty...

major major

Feb 18, 2013
What about signing both Vanek and Raymond

Jenner Johansen Horton
Raymond Anisimov Vanek
Foligno Letestu Mackenzie
Rychel Wennberg Bjorkstrand
Hjalmarson Dano Anderson

Johnson Tyutin
Wisniewski Murray
Savard Prout
Erixon Shultz
Golobeuff Heatherington

Don't know what to do with comeau Nikita boll frattin umberger troop skille

Something isn't right here.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Still think there is no way we would have a shot at Vanek. I think he's Minnesota bound, regardless of the numbers anyone else offers him. Worst kept secret in hockey.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Still think there is no way we would have a shot at Vanek. I think he's Minnesota bound, regardless of the numbers anyone else offers him. Worst kept secret in hockey.

Agreed and I don't even want him.

Cammelari is a guy I like because I will one day learn to spell his name correctly if he's on our team and he scores goals.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Here's an old TFP article about our deadline day potential moves..

Blue Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen is looking to acquire a top-six forward and a top-four defenseman before the deadline arrives at 3pm ET on Wednesday.
Up front, the Blue Jackets have been linked to New York Rangers captain Ryan Callahan, Buffalo Sabres right wing Chris Stewart (recently acquired from the St. Louis Blues), Colorado Avalanche center Paul Stastny and Calgary Flames forward Mike Cammalleri.

On defense, Kekalainen is reportedly kicking the tires on Sabres blueliner Christian Ehrhoff and Andrew MacDonald of the New York Islanders, among others.

Stastny is also in contract talks with his team, the Avalanche, and like Callahan, could be moved if a deal isn't reached. He is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this summer. TFP has learned that the Blue Jackets were approached by the Avs about Stastny, though a deal is not imminent.

Cammalleri can list up to seven teams he will not accept a deal to, a list the Flames have, but it's unclear if the Blue Jackets are one of the teams.

According to a league source, Cammalleri would consider a move to Columbus, but might prefer to play elsewhere, if the opportunity arose

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/cbj140303.html

So, obviously all the information above is dated by a few months. But all the bolded names are going to be available in free agency/trade in a month. By this article, Cammalleri wasn't thrilled about coming here but would. So I wouldn't put too much stock in him coming on the open market unless we throw stupid money at him.

Meanwhile Callahan, and Stastny are all UFA's to be with apparent some interest from the CBJ, obviously. But would they consider us on the open market?

Stewart will likely be moved and is an apparent fit in our system. But is he enough scoring and the wing? We need more LW's.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Callahan and Raymon

38 19 8
71 42 callahan
11 17 13
Raymon 55 24

Callahan is almost a stupid perfect fit here. I'm just nervous throwing THAT kid of money at a guy clearly on decline. I do like the player though.

Raymond could be a fit but I don't see him as more of an Umberger but speedy and less grit. 2nd/3rd line tweener. Do we really need that?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
CBJB -

that article was also before the reports on the atmosphere here and the NBCSN broadcasts showing how the crowd can get behind the team, I'm sure that would sway a few people... maybe not from NO WAY I'D GO THERE to OMG SIGN ME NOW...but it may make someone step back and say, hmmm maybe its not so bad there...

i can't wait for June 27th...and then for FA to open...gonna be a fun offseason here...

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Callahan is almost a stupid perfect fit here. I'm just nervous throwing THAT kid of money at a guy clearly on decline. I do like the player though.

Raymond could be a fit but I don't see him as more of an Umberger but speedy and less grit. 2nd/3rd line tweener. Do we really need that?

I just wonder if our ex rangers could talk him into signing for less.. That'd be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese