Prospect Info: 2014 Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), ECHL, NCAA, Juniors, International, etc. part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You guys are getting my hopes up right now. I'm trying to not have any opinion on him since I personally haven't been able to watch him play, but when I hear positives things so often it makes me have high hopes.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
You guys are getting my hopes up right now. I'm trying to not have any opinion on him since I personally haven't been able to watch him play, but when I hear positives things so often it makes me have high hopes.

I'll say this. If you told all the teams last year that he would ramp of his offense this year he would be a lot more hyped.

I for one am kind of liking the fact that he is floating under the radar.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia

There's nothing wrong with getting your hopes up :laugh:

I will even admit I was not the biggest fan of the pick but the more I have watched him the more I like the kid. Like JTown said, it's rare to see a player like him skate so well and play physically like he does. It's promising that his offense really comes alive in the games that matter the most as well. You always want those big game players in your system whether it be in the NHL/AHL/ or Juniors.

He will probably need one more year in juniors, but I would think he gets the 9 game look next year.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He will probably need one more year in juniors, but I would think he gets the 9 game look next year.

I think that's a best case scenario for next year but I don't think the 2015-2016 season is totally out of the question for him to make the big club & stick for good like many around here think. He should be given a longer leash by then & if he progresses next year like he did this year than I think it's a good chance he'll make then.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'll say this. If you told all the teams last year that he would ramp of his offense this year he would be a lot more hyped.

I for one am kind of liking the fact that he is floating under the radar.

Yeah, maybe his offense coming around later will be super lucky for us and he'll end up being a steal where people say "how did this guy not go higher" kinda like Giroux. Obviously 11th overall isn't far back in the draft but if he continues to get better and better offensively he could end up being one of the best of his draft year.

There's nothing wrong with getting your hopes up :laugh:

I will even admit I was not the biggest fan of the pick but the more I have watched him the more I like the kid. Like JTown said, it's rare to see a player like him skate so well and play physically like he does. It's promising that his offense really comes alive in the games that matter the most as well. You always want those big game players in your system whether it be in the NHL/AHL/ or Juniors.

I know I just don't want to let down :laugh:

I mean he's probably going to be much better than Pronger... I'm just not sure if I could live with the disappointment if he just became a Pronger clone..

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Morin's offense seems to really come alive during the playoffs. It seemed to have carried over a bit last year, so hopefully this is a sign of more to come!

I'm only looking at the numbers though, has anybody been able to actually watch him? How's the rest of his game going?

Just a quick note. Looks LIke Kostalek is hurt or something. He has not been in a playoff game.
So morin getting PP time has to do with Kostalek being injured. WHen kostalek was at the WJC Morin avg a PPG. So really his point totals are affected by his powerplay time.

Had he gotten it consistently this year I think he would be scoring at a .80 ppg or higher.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Just a quick note. Looks LIke Kostalek is hurt or something. He has not been in a playoff game.
So morin getting PP time has to do with Kostalek being injured. WHen kostalek was at the WJC Morin avg a PPG. So really his point totals are affected by his powerplay time.

Had he gotten it consistently this year I think he would be scoring at a .80 ppg or higher.

It's all very strange to me with Morin. The team was incredibly successful with Morin on the PP. While Kostalek was gone, their record was better and their PP was better.

Honestly, if Morin can finally get top billing PP time next season, I think you could legitimately see him explode offensively.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yknow how every time I criticize Hartnell some people lose their minds? He just had 3 chances to get the puck out of the Dzone and ****ed up every single on and got them stuck.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
It's all very strange to me with Morin. The team was incredibly successful with Morin on the PP. While Kostalek was gone, their record was better and their PP was better.

Honestly, if Morin can finally get top billing PP time next season, I think you could legitimately see him explode offensively.

Kostalek is a great pp qb. Very smooth. Morin has been jerked around all year , and I think the reason why they took him off the PP duties was because they wanted him to play more PK and EV .

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia

I was going to ask about this, because I had heard something similar earlier in the year. It's nice to know that he could be doing better, and that numbers don't always tell the full story.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I was going to ask about this, because I had heard something similar earlier in the year. It's nice to know that he could be doing better, and that numbers don't always tell the full story.

PP time is pretty crucial to any defender's point totals regardless of what level they play at.

But it's not even about the Point totals. Just look at his goals. His slapshot is NHL ready and CHL goalies are pretty helpless. Those Goals are the type of Goals that transition to the next level.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
PP time is pretty crucial to any defender's point totals regardless of what level they play at.

But it's not even about the Point totals. Just look at his goals. His slapshot is NHL ready and CHL goalies are pretty helpless. Those Goals are the type of Goals that transition to the next level.

Exactly. He's got the tools, he just wasn't getting the time of day to show that he has them.

As far as his shot goes, I think he needs to work on getting his release off a bit faster, and keep his head up more. Being 6'7", he's going to have a lot of torque, of course, but his wind up is slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad