Prospect Info: 2014 Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), ECHL, NCAA, Juniors, International, etc. part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
You can't honestly say Stolarz was aiming for his head. You have to take into account the weight of a goalie stick. Did he mean to slash him? Yes. Did he mean to slash him in the head? Doubt it.

Where the hell else could he have been aiming for? If we're going to say the weight of the goalie stick should be taken into account, wouldn't he have hit lower than he aimed? Sorry, that's a BS excuse for a BS moment of stupidity by Stolarz.

He'll get a slap on the wrist by the league (which is a joke unto itself), and hopefully learns that that was a stupid, dangerous, effing thing to do, regardless of how much a ********* Ho Sang is.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
The game is tonight?

Indeed.

http://www.phantomshockey.com/Pages/Team/schedule.asp or http://theahl.com/ (scoreboard along the top, right under the AHL banner)

I automatically assumed of course that he would be in tonight's game. Haven't heard an official word yet but based on this comment by Homer I'd think he'd have to be playing tonight.

"He's a good all-around player," Paul Holmgren said about Hägg. "Strong and physically well-developed. (We're looking at him as) a steady two-way guy. I think his ability to move the puck is exceptional. And I think his ability to play defense is exceptional. Playing over there (in Europe) vs. playing over here, the reaction time has got to get better because of the smaller ice-surface. So the number of games he can get in with the Phantoms I think is real crucial and key for his development."

Source: http://www.phantomshockey.com/pages/news/articles/20140325.asp

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
You can't honestly say Stolarz was aiming for his head. You have to take into account the weight of a goalie stick. Did he mean to slash him? Yes. Did he mean to slash him in the head? Doubt it.

How do you mean taking into account the weight of a goalie stick? Logically, that would mean that Stolarz was aiming over Ho-Sang's head.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Stolarz gone for 8 games.

Not really surprising the OHL are pretty extreme when it comes to suspensions compared to their counterparts in the QMJHL & WHL.

Hopefully for London they can lose some games now in the series with Windsor & try not to get swept by Guelph next round so he can play in the Memorial Cup, otherwise he just ruined their season with that move.

Last edited:

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia

Morin continues to be misunderstood... I know that offense is not his bread and butter, but to project him as a pure defensive defensemen seems slightly unfair. It's still nice to see these guys on the list, though.

Stolarz gone for 8 games.

Ouch.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Not really surprising the OHL are pretty extreme when it comes to suspensions compared to their counterparts in the QMJHL & WHL.

Hopefully for London they can lose some games now in the series with Windsor & try not to get swept by Guelph next round so he can play in the Memorial Cup, otherwise he just ruined their season with that move.

I don't think Guelph will sweep London, but they could take them out in 5, meaning that Stolarz would miss the first two round robin games in the Memorial Cup.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
@BobRotruck 19s
Update: Terry Murray says the current plan is to play Hagg on Saturday for his debut. Give him a couple days get used to smaller ice first.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Actually just reading an article if Stolarz was to enter the Memorial Cup with games left on his suspension he could appeal it & get a reduction so he could play right away possibly, it has happened before with two other players one of them being former Flyer draft pick Chris Simon.

Last edited:

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
@BobRotruck 19s
Update: Terry Murray says the current plan is to play Hagg on Saturday for his debut. Give him a couple days get used to smaller ice first.

I really don't get this. Maybe they're afraid he'll get hurt or something. Otherwise the best way to get used to the ice size is by playing. I mean the phantoms are the worst team in the league he's won't be hurting there playoffs chances if he makes a mistake or something. :laugh: Even though I can guarantee that he's better then at least half the d-men on the current roster.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Morin's offense seems to really come alive during the playoffs. It seemed to have carried over a bit last year, so hopefully this is a sign of more to come!

I'm only looking at the numbers though, has anybody been able to actually watch him? How's the rest of his game going?

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Morin's offense seems to really come alive during the playoffs. It seemed to have carried over a bit last year, so hopefully this is a sign of more to come!

I'm only looking at the numbers though, has anybody been able to actually watch him? How's the rest of his game going?

I am watching the game right now. He has looked pretty good. He makes the simple play you look for players to make. One play in the game he was being pressured when the puck was in the air. He caught it, put it down, and made a quick but very clean pass to a forward. It was a beautiful sequence. Defensively, his pairing seems to be never in the defensive zone.

I will say the one bad play he made tonight was he tried to do too much with the puck at the blue line and had to take it to center. Even then he made a quick pass to his partner and it was back in though.

I have watched him several time this year(over 8 now) and he keeps impressing me. Keeping my hopes down but I am getting excited from what I have seen. Which really doesn't account for anything lol.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
I am watching the game right now. He has looked pretty good. He makes the simple play you look for players to make. One play in the game he was being pressured when the puck was in the air. He caught it, put it down, and made a quick but very clean pass to a forward. It was a beautiful sequence. Defensively, his pairing seems to be never in the defensive zone.

I will say the one bad play he made tonight was he tried to do too much with the puck at the blue line and had to take it to center. Even then he made a quick pass to his partner and it was back in though.

I have watched him several time this year(over 8 now) and he keeps impressing me. Keeping my hopes down but I am getting excited from what I have seen. Which really doesn't account for anything lol.

Awesome, thanks for the reply.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

Morin is going to be so good. He is freaky in the same way lindros was freaky. You dont see 6'7 guys that can skate the way he can and that play with that type of physicality.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Morin draws a penalty with a nice delay move at the blue line and then the opposing player slashed his stick out of his hand.

They will start the second with 1:58 I think of PP time.

The more and more I watch him play the more and more I can see why he was such a high pick. He controls the game and while I have watched him I have yet to see him make a horrible defensive play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad