Salary Cap: 2014-2015 Roster Building Thread - Part V for Vendetta | Don't Hate on Greasy Neal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It's still risky for the money he'll command. If he's willing to take 4.5 for 5 years than yes, but anything more I feel like we should let him go.

I would be willing to go to 5 as long as there's no NTC at all. And I would have very little expectation of him finishing the contract here.

As for the Martin situation, keep him...he's the only one who had Letang playing like he could

I tend to agree. But for how much, and how long?

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I would be willing to go to 5 as long as there's no NTC at all. And I would have very little expectation of him finishing the contract here.

I tend to agree. But for how much, and how long?

Maybe at 5...

As for Martin, maybe 5.5 for 3 years? Depending on how the cap works

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Let me piss Ogre off..

What about re-signing Niskanen and trading Martin while his value is at its highest and he's about to enter the downside of his career?

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I'm not sure if that will get it done, but I'd be thrilled to give him that.

I don't think it gets done, I think he looks for a long term deal with more money

Let me piss Ogre off..

What about re-signing Niskanen and trading Martin while his value is at its highest and he's about to enter the downside of his career?

We better be getting a a top 10-15 pick back :laugh:

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
as I've said repeatedly, it better be a damn good return.

Winnipeg, Tampa and Anaheim along with a number of other teams are in desperate need of a top 4 LHD. If he nets us the return to fix our situation at forward, you have to explore.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Martin for Eberle would be interesting.

Martin for JVR is fair but highly unlikely.

Martin for Kane is ****ing highway robbery...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Winnipeg, Tampa and Anaheim along with a number of other teams are in desperate need of a top 4 LHD. If nets us the return to fix our situation at forward, you have to explore.

Hey I hope you're right, but I just don't think a 33 year old on the last year of his contract will get the kind of return we'd want.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Martin for Eberle would be interesting.

Martin for JVR is fair but highly unlikely.

Martin for Kane is ****ing highway robbery...

there is no chance Martin gets us any of those guys. I'd love to be wrong; but I am fairly certain I am not. If that's the kind of return people think we can get for Martin I get why you'd want to trade him :laugh:

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Hey I hope you're right, but I just don't think a 33 year old on the last year of his contract will get the kind of return we'd want.

Martin in Anaheim is a good fit on paper. A Martin-Beachemin pairing would be amazing

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
there is no chance Martin gets us any of those guys. God I'd love to be wrong; but I am fairly certain I am not.

Martin fits all of their needs. And he could easily be the captain for Edmonton and Toronto. God knows that Edmonton and Toronto are in dire need for a true leader

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Would you be confident enough to risk giving up a guy like JVR to find out? I sure as hell wouldn't be.

Oh for sure I wouldn't. I was just suggesting a deal that should be fair and benefits both teams on paper. I think I did say it wouldn't happen in my original post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad