Prospect Info: 2014-2015 Prospect Stats and Discussion Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Huh, interesting. I forgot that the Condors didn't make the playoffs, nowhere for him to go.

Strikes me as a guy that'll have to go overseas or sign an ECHL contract. Had high hopes for him after his last year in Medicine Hat but he is just terrible.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Too bad for the guy. He was trending really well in his last year in the Dub.

Must be the name. :sarcasm:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Huh, interesting. I forgot that the Condors didn't make the playoffs, nowhere for him to go.

Strikes me as a guy that'll have to go overseas or sign an ECHL contract. Had high hopes for him after his last year in Medicine Hat but he is just terrible.

His professional career might be over in all honesty. Most Europe leagues have import rules and they aren't going to waste one of their spots on a player like Bunz and I don't see why an ECHL team would bother with him either. He's a bad ECHL goalie and now wont have an NHL team behind him to get him playing time.

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
His professional career might be over in all honesty. Most Europe leagues have import rules and they aren't going to waste one of their spots on a player like Bunz and I don't see why an ECHL team would bother with him either. He's a bad ECHL goalie and now wont have an NHL team behind him to get him playing time.
Sweden has scrapped the import rule. I'd imagine that he could get a try out in Allsvenskan, the 2nd league. I mean, he was a NHL goalie this year after all. :sarcasm:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
No idea if its true.. but I read he couldn't be signed until May.

Any more information on Slepyshev signing? Thought he would have been signed by now.

As I said last week (feel free to flame me--just remember I posted it before "insider" Bob posted it) that I have been told Sleps and the oilers have either agreed to a contract or on the verge of agreeing--As someone said his contract expires on April 30th and he may not able to actually sign--Again (feel free to flame me for this) I am being told to look for him at rookie camp after the draft --okay attack

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
As I said last week (feel free to flame me--just remember I posted it before "insider" Bob posted it) that I have been told Sleps and the oilers have either agreed to a contract or on the verge of agreeing--As someone said his contract expires on April 30th and he may not able to actually sign--Again (feel free to flame me for this) I am being told to look for him at rookie camp after the draft --okay attack

Hype! Really hope is true.

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
"YOU KNNO WHAT, NO. YUO CANT HAVE'A LINE WITHA BUNCHA RUSSIANS WHEN THEBEST THING TO HAVE IS A BUNCHA SKATCHEWAN BOYS HERE. BUNCHA NUTS RUNIN THIS TEAM HERE."

Probably something like that.

nay

"YA WANNA KNOW WHY THE OILERS CANT WIN? TAGGA LUK AT THAT ONION..NOT SAEYING THEY ARE BAD GUYS--JUTS DUNT KNOW HOW DU PAY REAL HACKEY. Na hart there, I tell ya, chp

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
On Betker
Good article on Betker, talks about his summer training with Oilers staff, wanting to add 10-15 lbs, and concentrating on his 200 ft game.
Though he didn't get a call up to the Oklahoma City Barons—Edmonton's AHL affiliate—he did get some good feedback on his game from the Oilers' player development scouts.
"They really liked my offensive output this year and continue to put weight on—that's probably the biggest thing—and maintaining and improving my puck skills and skating," said Betker.
Next year will be his final season with Everett as a 20-year-old, which is a valuable role in major-junior hockey. Betker added that a good nucleus will be returning under head coach Kevin Constantine hungrier than ever.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
On Betker
Good article on Betker, talks about his summer training with Oilers staff, wanting to add 10-15 lbs, and notes from the Oilers on his improved offense.

Interesting that it sounds like he'll be back in Jr. Teams don't usually do that when the guy is 20 and under contract, however that is probably the best place for him. They should have done the same with Moroz this year.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Interesting that it sounds like he'll be back in Jr. Teams don't usually do that when the guy is 20 and under contract, however that is probably the best place for him. They should have done the same with Moroz this year.

Flipside

Sometimes players and agents put pressure on teams to get the kid signed and not wait till they are on the clock to sign the kid before he goes back into the draft

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

I don't mind it because:

1) We're overloaded with D prospects on the farm. Maybe if he was RHed... :laugh:

2) This was really his breakout year. Confidence is a big thing, and I'd like to see him keep the good times rolling.

As an aside with Betker... I'd kind of like to move him to forward. He skates well enough for a big man to make it really intriguing IMO. I figure Constantine likes his top pairing defenseman where he is though.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I don't mind it because:

1) We're overloaded with D prospects on the farm. Maybe if he was RHed... :laugh:

2) This was really his breakout year. Confidence is a big thing, and I'd like to see him keep the good times rolling.

As an aside with Betker... I'd kind of like to move him to forward. He skates well enough for a big man to make it really intriguing IMO. I figure Constantine likes his top pairing defenseman where he is though.

Agreed. I don't understand why team's don't send guys back for their overage season. Part of me wonders what could have been if the Oil had sent Pitlick and Hamilton back as overagers, and as I said more recently with Moroz. Let them dominate down there versus struggle in the bottom 6 of the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad