Prospect Info: 2014-2015 Prospect Stats and Discussion Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
How much more interesting did that Erie/Soo series just get?

:yo::laugh::handclap:

Macblender

May 5, 2014
How much more interesting did that Erie/Soo series just get?

:yo::laugh::handclap:

Lots more still want Nurse to shut McDavid down I am more worried about him turning out and hopefully becoming a nasty 1 or 2 D since I am pretty confident in McDavid.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I dont think offering a player a contract with no possibilty of playing in the NHL is a good way of rewarding the steps forward they've taken in the previous season.

If you're going to **** with the player, just cut ties and not bother pissing them off.

In terms of contract spots, Hamilton is more of what the Oilers should be looking to keep within the organization, hoping that they may take another step forward in the coming season(s).

I'll admit I really haven't seen a lot of either of Hamilton or Roy, but Roy is a depth player in the QMJHL as a 20 year old. Hamilton is a checking foward as a pro and is just starting to turn a corner.

Which one do the Oilers need more?

He hasn't done enough to warrant an NHL contract IMO. I see guys like Kessy and Moroz passing him on the depth chart very soon. IMO Kessy did already prior to his injury. If he wants an NHL contract he should earn it. He isn't as dominant as guys like Ryan Hamilton at the AHL level and he hasn't shown enough promise to earn anything more than a two way deal at a minimum NHL salary.

aspin

Sep 13, 2002
Regina
Visit site
He hasn't done enough to warrant an NHL contract IMO. I see guys like Kessy and Moroz passing him on the depth chart very soon. IMO Kessy did already prior to his injury. If he wants an NHL contract he should earn it. He isn't as dominant as guys like Ryan Hamilton at the AHL level and he hasn't shown enough promise to earn anything more than a two way deal at a minimum NHL salary.

Has anybody seen if Chase has signed an ATO with OKC now that his season is done?

BackhandToeyJoey

Jan 16, 2013
Big Bo's a smart enough hockey player to create great plays while ****-disturbing. Lander vs. Yak2 is a great problem.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Big Bo's a smart enough hockey player to create great plays while ****-disturbing. Lander vs. Yak2 is a great problem.

With Gordon aging and likely leaving after this contract, we'll have space for both. Hopefully by that time, Lander has solidified himself as a legitimate 3C player.

BackhandToeyJoey

Jan 16, 2013
With Gordon aging and likely leaving after this contract, we'll have space for both. Hopefully by that time, Lander has solidified himself as a legitimate 3C player.

exactly. new arena, new philosophy. i don't own a tinfoil hat, but it's weird how the dots connect together. anyway, lander, drai, and yak2 should be unreal under Nelson next year.

McDeathbyCheerios*

exactly. new arena, new philosophy. i don't own a tinfoil hat, but it's weird how the dots connect together. anyway, lander, drai, and yak2 should be unreal under Nelson next year.
To think our center depth went from...

RNH, Gagner, Arcobello, Gordon, Lander in terms of potential to.. McDavid, RNH, Draisaitl, Lander, Gordon, Yak2... Man oh man

Macblender

May 5, 2014
To think our center depth went from...

RNH, Gagner, Arcobello, Gordon, Lander in terms of potential to.. McDavid, RNH, Draisaitl, Lander, Gordon, Yak2... Man oh man

I think If most of them stay and Drai or Lander play LW then we will have the best centre depth in the league in 2 or so years.

3 Top 6 quality centers with Lander being borderline if he keeps improving. Then Big Bo who hopefully turns into a solid 3C most likely playing on our 4th line now.

If some of our forward prospects Slepyshev, Platzer, Chase, and Pitlick (aka not made of glass).

Just an embarrassment of riches at forward.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I think If most of them stay and Drai or Lander play LW then we will have the best centre depth in the league in 2 or so years.

3 Top 6 quality centers with Lander being borderline if he keeps improving. Then Big Bo who hopefully turns into a solid 3C most likely playing on our 4th line now.

If some of our forward prospects Slepyshev, Platzer, Chase, and Pitlick (aka not made of glass).

Just an embarrassment of riches at forward.

Lander is the perfect 3c at this point
LD as a winger is what I would do
Depends how Yak performs this year

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Lander is the perfect 3c at this point
LD as a winger is what I would do
Depends how Yak performs this year

I agree I want LD in Stockton ripping it up with Slepyshev, Yak2, Nurse, etc. next year no need to rush them in.

Lander right now is the ideal 3c and is cheap.

Draisaitl long term if he reaches his potential could be a deadly possession play and be a great fit at LW with RNH and Eberle IMO.

Hall Yak and McDavid would be a great fit IMO as Yak can trail in and release deadly shots from a hole he finds as Hall/McDavid have speed to kill and push the defence back creating room for Yak to unleash.

Lander&Slep both are gritty but need to find a RW for them that is if Slep turns into anything he looks like he could from his KHL and WJHC play.

Big Bo could be an Ideal 4c who has offensive ability then you factor in Pitlick at RW and who knows at LW maybe greg chase or Kyle Platzer with his two was ability.

Still haven't even mentioned Khaira/Moroz etc. who you have to think one of these guys pans out along with Platzer and Chase as potentials. I really don't see us hurting for forward depth now or in the future as we have a bunch of cost controlled options if they pan out. I really hope some do.

aspin

Sep 13, 2002
Regina
Visit site
I agree I want LD in Stockton ripping it up with Slepyshev, Yak2, Nurse, etc. next year no need to rush them in.

Lander right now is the ideal 3c and is cheap.

Draisaitl long term if he reaches his potential could be a deadly possession play and be a great fit at LW with RNH and Eberle IMO.

Hall Yak and McDavid would be a great fit IMO as Yak can trail in and release deadly shots from a hole he finds as Hall/McDavid have speed to kill and push the defence back creating room for Yak to unleash.

Lander&Slep both are gritty but need to find a RW for them that is if Slep turns into anything he looks like he could from his KHL and WJHC play.

Big Bo could be an Ideal 4c who has offensive ability then you factor in Pitlick at RW and who knows at LW maybe greg chase or Kyle Platzer with his two was ability.

Still haven't even mentioned Khaira/Moroz etc. who you have to think one of these guys pans out along with Platzer and Chase as potentials. I really don't see us hurting for forward depth now or in the future as we have a bunch of cost controlled options if they pan out. I really hope some do.

If Draisaitl is playing for the Flames organization in Stockton, something major went sideways this summer. ;-)

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/MacKinnon+Oilers+fans+dream+again+with+McDavid+doorstep/10985875/story.html?hootPostID=a0162da647e4e06a693a193c54fc8918

“I did reach out to Darnell (Saturday night) when I found out and asked him to take it easy on Erie’s best player, Connor,” MacTavish told TSN on Sunday at the Under-18 World Hockey Championship in Switzerland. “(Nurse) quickly texted me back and told me he couldn’t do that, but congratulated us on winning the lottery.”

Macblender

May 5, 2014
If Draisaitl is playing for the Flames organization in Stockton, something major went sideways this summer. ;-)

Hahaha my bad agreed on that well unless Brodie is coming here then maybe I can stomach it.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

The version of Lander we are seeing right now can play virtually any forward spot. Of course he is not going to be a #1C with Nuge and McDavid but he can fill in and contribute on any line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad