2014-2015 Norfolk AHL Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
And the NHL. And the AHL. The Ducks don't have anywhere near the clout to pull this off unless every other interested party was also behind it. As far as the Ducks denying it, why bother? It sounds ruder than its meant to be, but pretty much nobody outside of the Norfolk area cares. There's really zero profit for them giving the story any legs at all.

It sucks you lost your team. Everyone agrees with you. But you're not quoting facts, because in any dispute there's always your story, my story, and the truth. You're quoting one story. You're also finding every opportunity to paint the Ducks organization as nefarious. The Ducks prospects all did well when called up - much better than they performed at the AHL level. That absolutely calls their coaching at that level into question.

This pretty much sums it up perfectly.

I'll just add that he keeps saying "the Ducks negotiating tactic". That's a business tactic that any team in the same situation would have done as well. I don't blame you for being upset. I'd be pissed too, but you should stop acting like this isn't something that's common or that the Ducks invented. The reality is more of that the Ads were in a ****** situation more then the Ducks being dicks.

Professor John Frink

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
This pretty much sums it up perfectly.

I'll just add that he keeps saying "the Ducks negotiating tactic". That's a business tactic that any team in the same situation would have done as well. I don't blame you for being upset. I'd be pissed too, but you should stop acting like this isn't something that's common or that the Ducks invented. The reality is more of that the Ads were in a ****** situation more then the Ducks being dicks.

A mod should just close the thread at this point. Nothing constructive is coming from this anymore.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I like how "mutually agreeing" to part ways is just the Ducks forcing him to say that, despite the fact that they could've just fired him. I also like comparing the Ducks to the ways of Tony Soprano, that's certainly a new one.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
There are still some interesting stories coming out of Norfolk, like the Friberg story and the coaching story, so I'm not closing it just yet. Any more Ducks bashing for the purpose of Ducks bashing will garner a thread ban, however.

randyc

Apr 2, 2007
Suffolk, Virginia
Black Ace Additions

In addition to Noesen and Manson already called up according to TSN add Max Friberg, Jaycob Megna, Michael Sgarbossa, Shea Theodore, & Mark Fistric.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
If I am counting correctly, this gives the Ducks 12 defensemen. I guess that means that they are ready for anything.

Friberg and Noesen have already seen very limited action this year and are probably the best of the AHL forwards right now. Sgarbossa has played a few NHL games and is a center, a position at which the Ducks are really thin right now.

Govment Cheese

Groooovy
Jul 8, 2010
I still don't get this Ducks forcing Young narrative. You're just looking for a bad guy.
The Ducks don't want to stay. So they leave, which they can do. They also make an offer for the team/affiliation. He doesn't have to accept it. So he can't find a replacement parent company and decides to sell rather than go dark for a year. I mean yes he didn't want to sell and ended up having to do what he didn't want to do. But there were alternatives, and the Ducks didn't really do anything out of the ordinary.
So ****ing wrong!
http://hamptonroads.com/2015/01/owner-sale-norfolk-admirals-nearly-done-deal
Young said Friday that his alternative to selling the Norfolk franchise was owning a team with no NHL affiliation and no AHL schedule.

Was this deal bigger than the Ducks, Yes! Basically the NHL in collusion with the AHL forced the sale of the Admirals. The LEFT coast teams whined enough to force the AHL to create the west division. But they needed one more AHL franchise to move west for the new division to work. Ducks were not renewing the affiliation and the AHL stated that non-affiliated teams would not be placed on the AHL schedule. So, options were sell or go dark and risk losing a lot of money. No other teams were looking to change affiliates mid-year. Take that anyway you want. Either they were happy where they were or there was a consensus in the NHL to stay put and let the sale happen to make the move west possible. For everyone else it is no big deal even a good thing unless you are an Norfolk ADS fan.

Am i pissed at the Ducks management, hell yes. Even though the NHL was holding the collective move west's leash, the Ducks are the dog that we saw take a crap in our front yard. In time it most likely will not matter. But for right now there is still a steaming pile in the front yard.

It is highly unlikely that AHL returns to Norfolk. We were lucky to land an deal ECHL. Don't see the Oilers staying the full term, so ECHL return maybe short lived.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
He's too good, don't want to make any of the guys in the lineup nervous.

He's probably played less games this year than the other guys so it's not like fatigue should be a factor with him.

They probably don't want too many guys around, and the deepest position on this team right now is right side defenseman. Beauch, Despres, Vatanen, Wiz, Holzer and Manson, six guys who can all play and it's not terrifying.

Megna's surprising, but bringing a prospect to be the team's 12th defenseman does make sense.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
So frakking wrong!
http://hamptonroads.com/2015/01/owner-sale-norfolk-admirals-nearly-done-deal

Was this deal bigger than the Ducks, Yes! Basically the NHL in collusion with the AHL forced the sale of the Admirals. The LEFT coast teams whined enough to force the AHL to create the west division. But they needed one more AHL franchise to move west for the new division to work. Ducks were not renewing the affiliation and the AHL stated that non-affiliated teams would not be placed on the AHL schedule. So, options were sell or go dark and risk losing a lot of money. No other teams were looking to change affiliates mid-year. Take that anyway you want. Either they were happy where they were or there was a consensus in the NHL to stay put and let the sale happen to make the move west possible. For everyone else it is no big deal even a good thing unless you are an Norfolk ADS fan.

Am i pissed at the Ducks management, hell yes. Even though the NHL was holding the collective move west's leash, the Ducks are the dog that we saw take a crap in our front yard. In time it most likely will not matter. But for right now there is still a steaming pile in the front yard.

It is highly unlikely that AHL returns to Norfolk. We were lucky to land an deal ECHL. Don't see the Oilers staying the full term, so ECHL return maybe short lived.

Right, you still think the Oilers are moving their ECHL team to Fort McMurray. :laugh:

Anyway, maybe no one wanted to affiliate with Norfolk, and the Ducks used the leverage they had? Doesn't always have to be a conspiracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad