2014-2015 Norfolk AHL Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
LaBarbera has been recalled. Been watching him for half a season, would be awesome if he got some playoff IT. :handclap:

I thought he did good when up here, but that would make me very nervous. Unless of course, you're just trolling and want us to lose. ;)

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Unless of course, you're just trolling and want us to lose. ;)

ribon.gif

Govment Cheese

Groooovy
Jul 8, 2010
How's he been playing lately?

He has been better on this last road trip.
No D support and turnovers make him seem worse for that sideshow in March.

BTW - The Admirals season is still on going and i root for any callup to get ice time. Strongly dislike it when a player is recalled only to sit in the press box eating popcorn. So yes i would like to see him get some IT.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
He has been better on this last road trip.
No D support and turnovers make him seem worse for that sideshow in March.

BTW - The Admirals season is still on going and i root for any callup to get ice time. Strongly dislike it when a player is recalled only to sit in the press box eating popcorn. So yes i would like to see him get some IT.

Sometimes players are rewarded with callups not just to play but to get an NHL paycheck.

randyc

Apr 2, 2007
Suffolk, Virginia
Paychekc is Nice

I agree the paycheck would be appreciated. But to a man, everyone player out there wants to be out on the ice in the NHL. It is the goal all of them have in the AHL, that is to get called up and play.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I agree the paycheck would be appreciated. But to a man, everyone player out there wants to be out on the ice in the NHL. It is the goal all of them have in the AHL, that is to get called up and play.

Agreed. However, it's also a reward to just get called up and practice with the team. Obviously getting to play is better, but getting called up in general is probably something each player enjoys.

randyc

Apr 2, 2007
Suffolk, Virginia
Coming up from the AHL, you just want to get your foot in the door and be able to prove yourself. You may start out just practicing but it's with an eye to playing a game.

Professor John Frink

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
Coming up from the AHL, you just want to get your foot in the door and be able to prove yourself. You may start out just practicing but it's with an eye to playing a game.

This calling up players to practice with the big club has been something the Ducks have done for years. Probably because they(Norfolk) didn't make the playoffs much, but also they see value in the young guys being around the team as they work through the grind of the playoffs.

Not saying it is right or wrong, but clearly the Ducks see value in it and they seem to be developing solid prospects so if it isn't broken.....

Last edited:

IceCapsFanNL

Nov 1, 2011
St. John's
Hats off to the Ads fans.

Gutted you are losing your team. Keep your chins up, you never know when you might get another team. We went seven years after the Leafs left before we got the AHL again. Enjoy the hockey next season and don't give up hope.

randyc

Apr 2, 2007
Suffolk, Virginia
DaDuck

I take your comment that it is time for Norfolk fans to leave this thread. You attitude mirrors Ducks management who has treated us so poorly and disrespectfully. But most everyone else has been overall pretty decent about things. So rather than imitate you by engaging in an ad hominem attack, I won't disrespect the other Ducks' fans here. If we are to part company I want it to be amicably.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Shea Theodore is taking the AHL by storm. Above a PPG

If Theo keeps playing like this, we're going to have all kinds of problems in the training camp next summer. Looks like he could play somebody off the Ducks' roster sooner than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad