Salary Cap: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster Building / Proposal Thread Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangerFan*

One of my proposals was missed or maybe it wasn't good but i said if we can't get Vermette or Santorelli, we should go for ROR. Hagelin and a few picks for ROR. Dump Glass or trade him for a 7th. I have no clue how the cap would look but its just an idea.

Don't really feel like trading guys like Miller or Duke for Vermette

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Methot is an underrated player. He is exactly the type of dmen teams love to add for the playoffs.

He would be a fantastic fit. Methot-Boyle/Klein is an embarrassment of riches on D. But he will fetch a 2nd +. I definitely see teams competing over his services.

And at the end of the day 3C is still the void the Rangers should expend any trade chips on. Shifting Hayes to wing, and having another capable C in case of injury to Step/Brass should be by far the top priority. Vermette would be perfect, but I would not trade Miller for him. Actually Hanzal would be my top choice but that would almost certainly cost Miller +.

This team is as good as it's been since the mid-90s. This is the window. I am all for win-now trades. But I would argue that Miller is too important this year as bottom-6 wing, and that trading him just really creates another problem - even in a "win now" context.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Have zero interest in trading Hagelin for RoR. Zero. Those contract talks between RoR and the Avs left a sour taste in my mouth and i wasnt all that impressed with him to begin with. He is having a terrible year. Part of the problem in colorado.

Zero interest in trading a guy (still young) who AV trusts very much, adds to so many facets of the game and the rangers system.

Chemistry is still important

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I'd be on board with AA if CBJ retained some salary. His recent injury woes scare me though.

Also, like Vermette, Arty is a familiar face to existing guys on the roster. If you can those are the guys you want to target. You want to keep the chemistry status quo when the ship is sailing just fine. MSL was the exception last year but lets be honest its MSL were talking about, and the team last year was way more up and down with more uncertainty compared to this years team.

Last edited:

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
One of my proposals was missed or maybe it wasn't good but i said if we can't get Vermette or Santorelli, we should go for ROR. Hagelin and a few picks for ROR. Dump Glass or trade him for a 7th. I have no clue how the cap would look but its just an idea.

Not a snowball's chance in hell we can afford O'Reilly. PASS.

We are screwed enough in regards to the salary cap as is. All we need to do is roll with what we have. Maybe make a minor deal like Santorelli at the deadline. Try to re-sign most of our guys this summer. Trade Hags for a pick or prospect if he doesn't fit.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I definitely think upgrading #3LHD is more important than adding another forward. Our current forward lineup is pretty good. We could use a 13th forward, but unless we are getting someone like Vermette or Hanzal, the player we'd be be getting likely wouldn't even be in the lineup every game.

I think Methot makes a lot of sense. I'm really interested in what it would cost to get it.

NYRangerFan*

Why would we want AA back? We can use a physical guy for the bottom 6, not someone like Anisimov

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Why would we want AA back? We can use a physical guy for the bottom 6, not someone like Anisimov

And Santorelli is? Or do we want Winnik who was a healthy scratch in last year's playoffs and hasnt really been all that special this year?

At least AA has played here, been useful, produces offensively, and though not physical he is a bigger body.

NYRangerFan*

And Santorelli is? Or do we want Winnik who was a healthy scratch in last year's playoffs and hasnt really been all that special this year?

At least AA has played here, been useful, produces offensively, and though not physical he is a bigger body.

No thanks to AA. Might as well bring Higgins back instead if we are going the ex-ranger route. At least Higgins played under AV

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
No thanks to AA. Might as well bring Higgins back instead if we are going the ex-ranger route. At least Higgins played under AV

There is absolutely no comparison. None whatsoever. Higgins does not produce offensively. He just doesnt. We have better, younger players than Higgins...another wing. AA is a center who adds offense. Those two are not even on the same planet

NYRangerFan*

There is absolutely no comparison. None whatsoever. Higgins does not produce offensively. He just doesnt. We have better, younger players than Higgins...another wing. AA is a center who adds offense. Those two are not even on the same planet

Whatever you say. Higgins is a better two way player and he did produce under AV.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Whatever you say. Higgins is a better two way player and he did produce under AV.

I'd hardly say he is that much better than Arty as a two way player. Not to mention, there is more responsibility for the center in the two way game than a winger. No comparison. Arty is the better player AINEC.

NYRangerFan*

I'd hardly say he is that much better than Arty as a two way player. Not to mention, there is more responsibility for the center in the two way game than a winger. No comparison. Arty is the better player AINEC.

You have no clue what you're talking about. If i had the choice, i go with the winger who put up 40 points under AV

NYRangerFan*

Am i supposed to be impressed with his 19 points this year? Sure thats nice for him personally. But i dont see it as an upgrade for this roster.

You don't think Winnik would be good for our 4th line? And you tell me gtfo? Lol

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Am i supposed to be impressed with his 19 points this year? Sure thats nice for him personally. But i dont see it as an upgrade for this roster.

I mean he is a bottom 6 player.......and despite getting heavy defensive zone time his possession stats and goal stats are excellent. He'd be better than a few players on this team.

Though his two straight garbage playoff performances definitely scare me.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
You have no clue what you're talking about. If i had the choice, i go with the winger who put up 40 points under AV

You're right I was talking nonsense when i said the center position has more responsibility as part of the two way game...

Get a clue guy. And stop referring to the ONE season where he put up 40 points under AV. ONE. He was mediocre in every other one. 31 years old. AA is 26 years old and has also put up 40 points...

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I mean he is a bottom 6 player.......and despite getting heavy defensive zone time his possession stats and goal stats are excellent. He'd be better than a few players on this team.

Though his two straight garbage playoff performances definitely scare me.

I'm sorry Rasp, Winnik just doesnt do it for me. For his size he really isnt that physical which would have to be the selling point for me. His last couple playoffs are a big detractor as you pointed out. He doesnt impress me. Forget the corsi stats. I still go by the eye test. I'd rather have our current wingers over him who are all faster and fit the system better

NYRangerFan*

You're right I was talking nonsense when i said the center position has more responsibility as part of the two way game...

Get a clue guy. And stop referring to the ONE season where he put up 40 points under AV. ONE. He was mediocre in every other one. 31 years old. AA is 26 years old and has also put up 40 points...

At least you know it was nonsense.

Stop with the AA love, we don't need him. What the hell does he do for us? He is 6'4 and softer than a marshmallow, we need that? Enough

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I'm sorry Rasp, Winnik just doesnt do it for me. For his size he really isnt that physical which would have to be the selling point for me. His last couple playoffs are a big detractor as you pointed out. He doesnt impress me. Forget the corsi stats. I still go by the eye test. I'd rather have our current wingers over him who are all faster and fit the system better

As long as he wins board battles I don't care if he's physical really.

I won't forget stats like corsi because I value them in measuring player performances. Winnik is Stempniak-esque in that he's not really impressive on the ice, but he gets good results regardless.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

We can't fit ROR under the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad