Salary Cap: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster Building / Proposal Thread Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

New thread to be used for continuation of MapleLeaf-Esque trade proposals. Pls continue.

Edit:

Have added Kreidermans spreadsheet.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Either team does this why?

Not sure.... Just throwing foolish proposals out there.

APologies, I thought Santorelli played for AV. thats my fault.

I'd prefer that we kept our 2x 2nd round picks for this draft which is why I suggested a 3rd.

Methot's value is very low because he is so injury riddled but he as much of a LHD Klein if I ever saw one.

Leafs need leadership. Glass provides that.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Kick this one around for a while...was trolling Columbus newspaper blogs today and saw that BJs may (stress may) consider moving Artem Anisimov. They also talked about good faceoff man Mark Letestu also being available. Letestu is "just a guy" (to quote myself) but AA could be a nice fit. It creates a cap issue for next year but we can worry about that when we get there. AAs not a faceoff whiz (just below 50% last two years, below that this year) but he brings scoring, size, work ethic and sandpaper. Plus he's a known quantity. Think that would get people excited?

And for those who think Santorelli is Vermette's equal...No. Not even close.

BarbaraAlphanse

5th + Glass for Santorelli

2016 3rd + Kristo for Methot

DONE

Besides Brooks' blatant attempt at ruffling some feathers this morning w/ the Miller article, he did bring up a good point. It's a point i've thought along myself this whole year. Our 3rd line was bland, and that was putting it lightly.

No snap. Nothing defining about it.

I hated what he wrote about Miller this morning. He was trying to stir the pot. The Rangers are up against the cap for the foreseeable future. Trading a 21 y/o former first round pick on the precipice of making an impact in the big league for a rental is not something you'd see done by any GM on normal "win-now" circumstances, let alone when the team has significant financial troubles to remain under a hard cap.

Brooks wrote about 2 months ago how the solution to the Rangers' snap and size problem was lying in Hartford - Miller. Miller came up, was a big part of this incredible 20 game stretch the Rangers have had. Has ups and downs like any 21 y/o rookie. Brooks needed to fill some space for the Post this morning. The story has no legs. He gave the Rangers a 5 week deadline to appraise a 21 year old. 5 weeks for a rookie. Worst mistakes are made when rushing. What was Brooks' point? He didn't have one. Miller has capability of being our very own Ryan Kesler.

But about the identity of the 3rd line? He was spot on. Bottom 6 was bland. Fast, Stempniak, Hayes, Hagelin - not much bite to those 4.

Last year, Rangers had Pouloit, Boyle, and one of Dorsett/Carcillo to go in addition w/ Moore in the bottom 6. Common denominator? Physicality.

Rangers past 3 losses have come to? Teams w/ physical bites and some level of talent. Dallas, Boston, NYI. They need to add more. Santorelli? Bland. Sekera? Bland.

Moore is going to remain on the 4th line. Miller as a winger is more effective than Hayes as a center - for now, at least.

Vermette makes sense. He improves face-offs. Creates mismatches for our offensive lines. Familiar w/ Brassard and Nash, so should fit in. They know what he will bring to the locker room and on the ice.

But he doesn't solve grit. Miller's emergence helps. But isn't enough for playoffs, where ice isn't as open for East coast teams and a lot of the success teams find comes from physical attrition.

2 2nd's for Vermette. One conditional. Dump Glass to Dallas. Cut Stempniak.

Trade for Chiasson from Ott. He makes 900k. Grit. Moore & _______? A 3rd?

I'm fine w/ Hunwick as our 6th D. Allen as our 7th.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Not sure.... Just throwing foolish proposals out there.

APologies, I thought Santorelli played for AV. thats my fault.

I'd prefer that we kept our 2x 2nd round picks for this draft which is why I suggested a 3rd.

Methot's value is very low because he is so injury riddled but he as much of a LHD Klein if I ever saw one.

Leafs need leadership. Glass provides that.

Ever heard of the saying "you can wish in one hand...?"

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Kick this one around for a while...was trolling Columbus newspaper blogs today and saw that BJs may (stress may) consider moving Artem Anisimov. They also talked about good faceoff man Mark Letestu also being available. Letestu is "just a guy" (to quote myself) but AA could be a nice fit. It creates a cap issue for next year but we can worry about that when we get there. AAs not a faceoff whiz (just below 50% last two years, below that this year) but he brings scoring, size, work ethic and sandpaper. Plus he's a known quantity. Think that would get people excited?

That's not what the corsi says!:sarcasm:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Was actually talking about this idea with my father the other day. I would be on board. Not just from a nostalgia perspective either.

BarbaraAlphanse

Was actually talking about this idea with my father the other day. I would be on board. Not just from a nostalgia perspective either.

Believe he had a concussion? Also shoulder injury? He's having some troubles. Don't know if he'd be the fit we're looking for.

BarbaraAlphanse

Staal has had 2 concussions and almost lost an eye. He is still a good player. Haven't seen enough of Arty to know if it has effected his game though.

Different circumstances. In season, would be hard for anyone to come back from that and be completely effective.

BarbaraAlphanse

Chiasson is someone I really want for this team now and moving forward. Perfect bottom 6 guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille