Salary Cap: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster building / proposal thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I when stepan comes back our forwards lines will look like:
Kreider-Stepan-MSL
Duclair-brassard-Nash
Hagelin-Hayes-Zuccarello
Glass-Moore-Malone

And that's about the best tht we can be.. We're stuck in a bad cap situation so no massive trade is going to work without losing significant depth or futures

where's stempnisk

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I genuinely think that Allen or McIlrath would do fine - or at least better than what we've seen - as a stopgap until Boyle returns. I know that Allen didn't step up and perform in camp, but we've already seen him play competent defense in his first go-round last year and I saw a lot of good things during the AHL games I watched. Meanwhile, McIlrath, while still working on some key issues at least brings some potentially difference-making attributes. Either would be better than the guys they've tried so far.

And if they don't agree, then send Danny Kristo or Ryan Bourque somewhere for another 6th/7th guy.

In a perfect world, I'd agree with you--it's just that everything is so discombobulated now that I hesitate to throw a rookie in and expect them to solve anything. It doesn't seem like it would be putting them into a position to succeed.

We'll have to see what AV thinks--it could easily go either way.

Zuccarello Awesome*

I love Zuccarello but I love the Rangers more.

Zuccarello and JT Miller for Keith Yandle

Duclair Stepan Nash
Kreider Hayes St. Louis
Hagelin Brassard Stempniak
Malone Moore Fast
Glass

McDonagh Girardi
Staal Yandle
Klein Boyle
J.Moore

Lundqvist
Talbot

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Duclair Stepan Nash
Kreider Hayes St. Louis
Malone Moore Fast
Glass

McDonagh Girardi
Staal Yandle
Klein Boyle
J.Moore

Lundqvist
Talbot
If Hayes really solidifies himself as a top 6 center, i MIGHT consider that.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

Duclair Stepan Nash
Kreider Hayes St. Louis
Malone Moore Fast
Glass

McDonagh Girardi
Staal Yandle
Klein Boyle
J.Moore

Lundqvist
Talbot

Then St. Louis retires and/or gets hurt at his age and the RW depth goes from a huge strength to Nash and Stempniak.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Then St. Louis retires and/or gets hurt at his age and the RW depth goes from a huge strength to Nash and Stempniak.

And Buchnevich, and Fast, and Haggerty, and whomever they sign as an UFA. (Not to mention the fact that Stempniak has done nothing to make me think he wouldn't be just fine as a second line winger, at least for a short period).

I actually don't hate that deal. Am I too greedy to think we might also get a decent pick thrown in?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
And Buchnevich, and Fast, and Haggerty, and whomever they sign as an UFA. (Not to mention the fact that Stempniak has done nothing to make me think he wouldn't be just fine as a second line winger, at least for a short period).

I actually don't hate that deal. Am I too greedy to think we might also get a decent pick thrown in?

I think they'd be better off to trade an LW since Duclair and Buch both naturally play that position. Also, Zucc contributes in so many more ways than a guy like Hagelin, who I'm also a big fan of. We've seen some bad Zucc the past couple games, I think people are forgetting what he can do, and normally does.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Our biggest weakness is at center but I think stepan coming back sorts everything out.
We really don't NEED to do any trading especially if we lose depth. We showed it last yr tht a good depth team can make a run at any time. And as of right now no one can say if this team is better or worse than last yrs. it will take at least another 10 games to figure tht out

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

If this season hasn't done a great job of showing you why you cannot just expect a kid to be able to come in and contribute or not be a liability, I don't know what does.

SupersonicMonkey*

I would love to add Keith Yandle.

Miller + John Moore + pick/prospect

Would be the most I'd do, though.

Keep Staal for a deep run this season. Worry about him in the summer. But effectively, adding Yandle would mean Staal is gone after the season. I'd take that swap, though.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

Keep Staal for a deep run this season. Worry about him in the summer. But effectively, adding Yandle would mean Staal is gone after the season. I'd take that swap, though.

I'd do that trade every day...

a) Yandle takes Moore's minutes
b) Plays with a stay at home player in Klein
c) Adds another dimension of offense
d) Replaces Staal next season

The only question mark is whether or not Allen is ready to jump on the 3rd pairing by that time, which judging by the camp he showed, is most certainly an idea that can be entertained.

Eventually you can move Klein for a forward upgrade, and recall McIlrath. The 1st pairing of Hartford becomes the 3rd pairing here. Chemistry is not a factor at that point.

Championship*

That's not gonna get Yandle here.

A guy who can't stick in an NHL lineup
A 3rd pairing D man who has done nothing but struggle so far
"random pick/prospect" that isn't a 1st or Buchnevich

For

A 1st pairing offensive D-man

Championship*

Also, It would not surprise me in the least to see the Rangers go hard after Eric Staal if he's made available.

I'm not completely advocating it, but they could make it work if the Canes kept some salary. Staal controls his destination, but certainly the Canes don't need to trade him and he hasn't asked for one. Not sure the Rangers have the assets either, but they will try.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006

Why would Phoenix do that?

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn

It would have to be pick + prospect to add to that. The pick has to be a 1st and the prospect has to be a player we don't want to part with at all. Even then I'm not sure Arizona would go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad