Salary Cap: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster building / proposal thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Hasn't Hayes already said he's more comfortable on the wing?

So?
When we get another size/strength C keeping it a dominant line, then we can oblige him and shift to RW. In the meantime, he can take one for the team and play the pivot.

Oh come on, you know too much about hockey to think Hayes can do first line duty for us. I love the idea of 3 big, tall, strong guys together, but just not this year. Next year maybe if Hayes shows good improvement, but there's no way he can do first line duty right now, probably not even third line just yet.

Respectfully disagree Beac.
You're falling into the label trap.
Bottom line is best matchup for Hayes is DEFINITELY Kreider and probably Nash.
Nash probably does not want to go, and we are obliged to keep thru this year.
After that, he may go to like Detroit because his contract is too high.
So there is no next year for sure for those specific three.

More importantly, it is enough that they work, and they work well ENOUGH now.
Would I prefer, if possible, the benefit of experience and familiarity (which Kreider - Hayes already has to a large extent) with a settled third linemate (ie. Nash, unless he'd rather go to the Winged Wheel now, play with Dats and da Zetmeister:laugh:) but whenever he goes I see the long term option likely to be Haggerty - speedy, killer shot, moves, etc.
However that experience is not possible now, and will only come after you commit to playing them and learning now, so they are ready for the playoffs. So let's give them the experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I was thinking the same thing.
Why have a huge line then a small fast one when u can have a lil of both on every line

While experimentation should always be considered with an open mind, I believe we get max synergy by keeping it

a physically dominant line kreider-Hayes-Nash
an excellence + line Duclair Zuc MSL
a super speed line Hagelin - Miller - Fast
checkers + Glass Moore Stemp/Malone (off w)

Girardi + Kristo for Kadri

then Kadri, Stepan Brass and maybe Zuc for a better C and a high end 1RD

Why am I trading Stepan and Kadri for Johansen?

Point is now moot, cause RyJo resigned and valuation is different.

Answering the ?, while also lowball, it was a competitive offer.

As to why overpay for RyJo?
Big improvement over stepan. Had like 2 days or whatever min time after signing, then won like 11 of 17 FOs.

That would have been why.
Point is moot now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
Maybe we should have traded for Kesler this past off season. I don't think the sky is falling at all after 3 games but it does show our lack of center depth. Of course Miller and Hayes are young and should progress. I think we will definitely make a move at some point for a center

UlfSamuelsson

Save By Lundqvist!
Apr 28, 2013
New York, NY
Pretty sure Kesler had NYR on a no trade list.

Not saying it's happening, but why have I heard an uncomfortable amount of chatter about Detroit and Nash? Could be nothing, but it just keeps coming up here and elsewhere. Promise I'm not trying to start anything, and if someone could tell me why, that'd be great because I feel like I'm missing something.

I don't envision Miller being a Ranger very long. Hate giving up on young, homegrown talent but I just don't see it from the kid. Mgmt seems to have made up their mind on him. What team needs a young third line center and is willing to roll dice on him? What's the return?

Hope Sather doesn't go crazy at deadline, I want both those second round picks this year, wouldn't mind picking up a first somewhere either.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

Big improvement over stepan. Had like 2 days or whatever min time after signing, then won like 11 of 17 FOs.

Point is moot now.

I wouldn't want to trade Stepan straight up for an unproven greedy 21 year old

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Dave Schlemko has been a healthy scratch in Phoenix for their first two games. He's got a fairly heavy shot and he's been a + player in the NHL. He's in at $1.275MM for this year. That's a lot of money for Phoenix to have sitting in the press box. He might be available and a Sather target although I haven't really thought through how they would work the money piece.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I wouldn't want to trade Stepan straight up for an unproven greedy 21 year old

Unproven? He did something Stepan will never do in his career and that's score 30 goals. Greedy? Stepan did the same thing. I'd take Johansen any day over Stepan. Even out of shape he still was a factor against us. He uses his size and reach well, good deking, good shot, and he wins face offs! Something Stepan can't do.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Pretty sure Kesler had NYR on a no trade list.

Not saying it's happening, but why have I heard an uncomfortable amount of chatter about Detroit and Nash? Could be nothing, but it just keeps coming up here and elsewhere. Promise I'm not trying to start anything, and if someone could tell me why, that'd be great because I feel like I'm missing something.

I don't envision Miller being a Ranger very long. Hate giving up on young, homegrown talent but I just don't see it from the kid. Mgmt seems to have made up their mind on him. What team needs a young third line center and is willing to roll dice on him? What's the return?

Hope Sather doesn't go crazy at deadline, I want both those second round picks this year, wouldn't mind picking up a first somewhere either.

IIRK, didn't he change his mind when it was too late?

BleedinBLUEsince92

Oct 30, 2009
Northern NJ
While experimentation should always be considered with an open mind, I believe we get max synergy by keeping it

a physically dominant line kreider-Hayes-Nash
an excellence + line Duclair Zuc MSL
a super speed line Hagelin - Miller - Fast
checkers + Glass Moore Stemp/Malone (off w)

Girardi + Kristo for Kadri

then Kadri, Stepan Brass and maybe Zuc for a better C and a high end 1RD

Point is moot now.
Bern, I'm sure you are a great guy and all, but from all my years I've spent reading on this forum, very rarely have I ever seen you post a proposal that makes any sense at all. Not trying to be a dick but where do you come up with this stuff?

NYRCSKA*

Bern, I'm sure you are a great guy and all, but from all my years I've spent reading on this forum, very rarely have I ever seen you post a proposal that makes any sense at all. Not trying to be a dick but where do you come up with this stuff?

A combination of EA Sports and marijuana likely explain every one of Bern's proposals. I'm not hating. I like both of those things.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Anyone else notice that they haven't won when Sam isn't doing the play-by-play? I blame JG for this.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Anyone down for a Miller for Baertschi swap?

No thanks on that specific deal.
Miller may be rough around the edges, but he is also possibly a diamond in the rough, showing flashes as to being 15th overall.

Not so fast on moving him esp. if cheap.

They won't go too low on Baertschi, but we may be able to do something (else) there.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Kesler didn't have the Rangers on his 6 team trade. Meaning the 6 teams he'd accept a trade to.

He doesn't like AV, and had issues with him in Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00