Speculation: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster building / proposal thread Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Have said it before

Brian Boyle will be my most missed player since Jagr. Obviously better players have left the team but I can't fathom how some can't appreciate what Boyle did for this club.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
He was a 4th line pker who was good at blocking shots and faceoffs. He wasnt even the most important 4th liner on the team last year. Boyle will be missed, but hes absolutely replaceable. Most missed player since Jagr? Im fairly certain I will miss Dubi, Cally, Gaborik and Stralman a lot more than I'll miss Boyle.

Hes an over glorified 4th liner

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I dont think Staal loses his A.

C- McD
A- Staal
A- Girardi

I don't think Staal loses his A either, but I doubt all three letters will go to defensemen. Girardi has only worn it when someone was hurt and after Callahan was traded, so I think he gives it up to a forward. Wouldn't be surprised if they named Nash--he's probably the most important forward for the team and naming him would show that the organization thinks he can lead them.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I don't think Staal loses his A either, but I doubt all three letters will go to defensemen. Girardi has only worn it when someone was hurt and after Callahan was traded, so I think he gives it up to a forward. Wouldn't be surprised if they named Nash--he's probably the most important forward for the team and naming him would show that the organization thinks he can lead them.

wonder if that could be the jump start Nash needs...

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I would love to see

Chris Kreider-Derek Stepan-Rick Nash
Carl Hagelin-JT Miller-Martin St. Louis
Kevin Hayes-Derick Brassard-Mats Zuccarello
Ryan Malone-Dominic Moore-Lee Stempniak

I don't think we are going to see that though.

I think that's exactly what we are going to see.

Offensive depth is spread. Younger guys are surrounded by vets

I think this would be the best use of the forward group

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Yeah me too. It was bad enough seeing Richards fart around with an "A."

Richards, by all accounts, was a leader in the dressing room.

Nash, I don't see him as a vocal type, but if he can lead on the ice by scoring goals, making plays, etc., it could work; however, there are other before Nash I'd give an 'A' to.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Yeah me too. It was bad enough seeing Richards fart around with an "A."

Richards must've been terrible for the locker room culture since we only won six playoff series in his three years with a letter.

Camille the Eel

Have said it before

Brian Boyle will be my most missed player since Jagr. Obviously better players have left the team but I can't fathom how some can't appreciate what Boyle did for this club.

An outsider's view: I thought Boyle was the Rangers best player the last couple games of the Stanley Cup final.

He's a big, strong, two way center, good on face offs and the penalty kill.

Strong two way center ice guys are very rare and along with strong defensemen the most important guys on the ice in principle. Dominate the slots - high and low - physically and you control the game. Center ice strength is why LA won the cup. The Rangers are going to miss him very much. It's a great signing by Tampa Bay.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
One of the biggest tragedies is that we lost Brian Boyle. Important face of the organization. Important guy in the dressing room. But the role he asked for just didn't suit this club's best interests. Don't get me wrong, the role he asked for was warranted and only natural, if you look at my first three first sentences in this post. But he just isn't a good enough player for that 3rd line with more responsibilites. In my opinion it actually negates his best qualities.

I will miss him as hell. But we're still a great team. Hopefully even better, but that remains to be seen.

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey
Richards must've been terrible for the locker room culture since we only won six playoff series in his three years with a letter.

Richards, by all accounts, was a leader in the dressing room.

Nash, I don't see him as a vocal type, but if he can lead on the ice by scoring goals, making plays, etc., it could work; however, there are other before Nash I'd give an 'A' to.

Right because we won those playoff series because Richard wore a letter. Not to mention how great a leader he was when he was drinking wine and eating like a pig all off-season during the lockout.

Great leader or no, I thought it was embarrassing to have a guy who was clearly going to be bought out 2 years into his long-term deal wearing a letter. I was hoping when A.V. came in he would have taken the letter off and given it to someone else who was going to be with the team long-term.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Right because we won those playoff series because Richard wore a letter. Not to mention how great a leader he was when he was drinking wine and eating like a pig all off-season during the lockout.

Great leader or no, I thought it was embarrassing to have a guy who was clearly going to be bought out 2 years into his long-term deal wearing a letter. I was hoping when A.V. came in he would have taken the letter off and given it to someone else who was going to be with the team long-term.

Great leader or not? That's the only reason you get a letter, because you're a leader. After Callahan left he tookover the captain role. AV could've given him a C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad