Speculation: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster Building Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Girardi is a bottom pairing dman? I say this with absolute sincerity: get a ****ing life and enjoy some hockey.

It's honestly comical that a team can be this good weighed down with such a tremendous anchor.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Girardi is a bottom pairing dman? I say this with absolute sincerity: get a ****ing life and enjoy some hockey.

It's honestly comical that a team can be this good weighed down with such a tremendous anchor.

Its comical that you can't just disagree without saying something belittling like "get a life !!!", actually.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Its comical that you can't just disagree without saying something belittling like "get a life !!!", actually.

I actually have about 1,000 times. But it all comes back to the cult of Corsi...you guys probably are big QE guys too.

I will say it again emphatically: get a life. That is all.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I mean if you want to get dominated and outshot every time your top pair is on the ice, then Girardi is a perfect top pair dman.

ConvergedD

Apr 1, 2015
This is an important playoffs for msl. He has been underwhelming. Hopefully he has saved his best for the playoffs

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Blocking a shot is a negative hockey play because you don't have the puck. Apparently you are supposed to posses the puck an entire game.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
So weird dan Girardi plays on the top pair for the best team in the world and the geniuses here don't think he's a top pairing dman lol

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
NHLPA executive director Don Fehr told agents in a series of meetings last week that next year’s cap would be approximately $68.2 million if the union does not trigger the 5-percent escalator, attendees report. That would represent a decrease from the current $69 million that would cripple successful big market teams.

It probably is no better than a 50/50 proposition at this point that the players will vote to approve the bump, and it may tilt the other way if playoff revenue takes a hit because of the inclusion of small-market, comparatively small-gate franchises like Winnipeg, Nashville, Calgary, the Islanders and perhaps Ottawa.

Remember, the lower the playoff revenue, the higher the escrow hit becomes for these athletes, who this season stand to lose up to 15 percent of the face-value of their contracts.

The CBA is ambiguous on the escalator issue. It appears as if the NHL and NHLPA could agree on a smaller increase, but it is unclear whether the league unilaterally could trigger the 5-percent bump absent a negotiated agreement. There is the possibility the matter could go to arbitration.

Regardless, the currency issue, which simply was not addressed in any manner during any of the three owners’ lockouts, is going to have a major impact on a significant number of teams this summer and into next season.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/11/calendar-coach-exhaust-defending-champion-kings/

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I rather trade Honk instead of a #center player.
We can't trade centers in NY - we've major issues if Steps or Brass get injured in this year playoffs.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Worry about the cap when they know the actual number

Boyle makes the most sense to try and move but he beds to waive no trade

NJRangers35

Apr 11, 2011

thank you. it is beyond comical at this point. still waiting for someone to explain to me how the number 1 fancy stat team missed the playoffs. is 82 games not a big enough sample size? i don't want to hear about their overtime record. if these stats were so indicative as some make them out to be, then they should have never put themselves in that spot.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
thank you. it is beyond comical at this point. still waiting for someone to explain to me how the number 1 fancy stat team missed the playoffs. is 82 games not a big enough sample size? i don't want to hear about their overtime record. if these stats were so indicative as some make them out to be, then they should have never put themselves in that spot.

No, if they were as indicative as some make them out to be, they'd be IN the friggin' playoffs.

This season has been exhibit #1 that the current advanced stats are flawed. The fact that the Rangers won the President's Trophy going away, setting the team record for wins/points in the process, and fell in the bottom 35% of the league in CF%, while LA missed the playoffs entirely, despite being #1 is pretty obvious proof of that fact, IMO.

In baseball, where advanced stats have been in use for over a decade, they have evolved dramatically over the years, and are now very different than they were when people first started paying attention to them. The same thing will happen in hockey.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
In baseball, where advanced stats have been in use for over a decade, they have evolved dramatically over the years, and are now very different than they were when people first started paying attention to them. The same thing will happen in hockey.

This x 1000

NJRangers35

Apr 11, 2011
No, if they were as indicative as some make them out to be, they'd be IN the friggin' playoffs.

This season has been exhibit #1 that the current advanced stats are flawed. The fact that the Rangers won the President's Trophy going away, setting the team record for wins/points in the process, and fell in the bottom 35% of the league in CF%, while LA missed the playoffs entirely, despite being #1 is pretty obvious proof of that fact, IMO.

i cannot wait for the day that happens. at this point people are just coming up with fancier words for time of possession. i feel like i come on these boards after a game and have no idea who this dan girardi player is that they speak of.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
All this talk of using fancy stats to try and talk down and justify a player like Dan Girardi be traded is utter nonsense. I'm curious to know your reaction if/when the Rangers win the Stanley Cup and its Girardi's turn to hoist it up... do you celebrate or do you start chirping about his stats and how he should be traded to Edmonton along with Talbot?
Sweet jesus, do any of you remember what this team much less their defense was like before the likes of Dan Girardi and Marc Staal came along? Who is another player that tends to get dumped on around here. Just sit back and enjoy watching the best roster in Ranger history. Like it or not, Girardi is on it and has been a part of it since the rebuild began.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I don't know what advanced stats and Girardi have anything to do wtih this when neither have much to do with roster building. Girardi isn't going anywhere for at least another 2 seasons, as he's full NTC for the first 3 years of his contract before it modifies into partial NTC. The question is about building the roster.

What do we do in the offseason? Our cap situation is really bad right now, like really bad. We have too many FAs at the end of this season and not enough cap space to sign them all. I really hope we can figure this out, especially if the cap is much lower than expected.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Correct. If it was properly indicative, they would have led the league in advanced stats THOSE years, and THIS year would have seen a drop-off correlating with their drop in the standings. I'm honestly not sure why that's not obvious.

2011-2012 2nd in the league in CF%
2012-2013 1st in the league in CF%
2013-2014 1st in the league in CF%

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I don't know what advanced stats and Girardi have anything to do wtih this when neither have much to do with roster building. Girardi isn't going anywhere for at least another 2 seasons, as he's full NTC for the first 3 years of his contract before it modifies into partial NTC. The question is about building the roster.

What do we do in the offseason? Our cap situation is really bad right now, like really bad. We have too many FAs at the end of this season and not enough cap space to sign them all. I really hope we can figure this out, especially if the cap is much lower than expected.

And thats why Girardi is relevant. If we can trade him we absolutely should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad