Speculation: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster Building Part XVIII (The Mourning Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@RangersBelieve: For all we know Duclair could turn out like yakapov... Or this could be the next McDonagh deal. It'll take a few years to see who really won”

This is true...could work out, or bite us in the ass for years to come.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
i guess management believe Buch is the better prospect to keep, hence why they are trying to get him over on a PTO...

Yandle is a ****ing beast too...

but damn, Duke?! :(

I agree. Duke is a painful loss, but there's a good chance his spot would have been questionable if the team has faith in Buch.

Look at that D now...and next year... pretty incredible IMO.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Sucks to hear about Duclair. But really you guys can't be mad about today. We got Yandle and Zucc is about to sign. We are a favorite this year and next year we will have one of the best defenses ever assembled for a full season.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@TSNBobMcKenzie: Zuccarello extension with NYR is not done but getting close. Still working on NTC provisions. Likely to be four years, AAV of $4.5M.”

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
i would rather have traded for Kimmo

Yeah I liked Duclair.

But let me say this again, Yandle at 50% retained is highly tradeable at the draft.

I wrote a post on this this morning, suggesting Duke and McI for Yandle with Slats swinging Yandle at the draft for like a Mantha.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
When Yandle's contract is up, most likely both MSL and Boyle will be gone, so we'll have the money to re-sign him.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
They could have at least threw us a bone and asked Doan if he wanted to come win a cup and we would've thrown Glass in

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Sather really went to work on Zucc yesterday fully knowing the guy loved being a Ranger, and threatening to trade him tomorrow.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Yandle is compareable to Sutter in Minny (I am so tired I lost his first name).

If McD is gonna play the right side, it's with someone like Yandle on the left side.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Yandle is the best offensive defenseman this team has had since Leetch. Mainly because we've had relative jack in that area since Leetch, but also because Yandle is an offensive wizard. Awesome playmaker, owns the line.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
When Yandle's contract is up, most likely both MSL and Boyle will be gone, so we'll have the money to re-sign him.

Yeah, and Yandle still makes 2m more than John Moore -- so there is no way we keep everyone anyhow.

Yandle or Klein going at the draft?

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
How can you not love this deal. Yandle at 2.6m for the next year and a half. zucc gets resigned. This D is ridiculous and we have a LEGIT #1 PP D-Man now. I give up Duc and a 1st all day long for this. We have the horses now, go get the cup.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
I love Duclair but it's not like he's a can't miss world beater. He has a lot of talent but for all we know he could top out as a 3rd liner.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Couldn't give 2 ***** about the draft picks. Draft picks are easily the most over valued assets on this site.

They just got one of the best PMD's and PPQB's in the league. He isn't a perfect player, but he makes this team better NOW which is really all that matters, this isn't 2010 anymore guys.

What do they do next?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Yeah, and Yandle still makes 2m more than John Moore -- so there is no way we keep everyone anyhow.

Yandle or Klein going at the draft?

Klein would be the more obvious one to trade, but with Skjei coming in soon, who knows. Maybe they feel like McIlrath will be able to hold down the #6 spot next year and Skjei needs a year in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad