Speculation: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster Building Part XVIII (The Mourning Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Do not trade Zuccarello. Him and Cally situation are completely different. Zuccarello is a much better player and isn't asking for the moon like Cally was. Zuccarello is way more vital to this team's success, not to mention how much of an upgrade can we get trading him.

Just resign him, deal with the cap issues in the summer. Sather would find a way.

BarbaraAlphanse

Do not trade Zuccarello. Him and Cally situation are completely different. Zuccarello is a much better player and isn't asking for the moon like Cally was. Zuccarello is way more vital to this team's success, not to mention how much of an upgrade can we get trading him.

Just resign him, deal with the cap issues in the summer. Sather would find a way.

I'm just under the impression that this is a negotiating tactic. I'm hoping, at least.

Even w/ Cally... he wasn't given the trade or accept the damn extension ultimatum.

Girardi was and he ultimately resigned. I don't remember Cally having the same threat until it was too late.

Resign Zucc. Unreal, if they traded/lost him, I'd be outside MSG immediately following w/ a fire Sather picket.

Sign Boyle to an extra year and Glass to an extra 2 just so you can't resign at least 1 of Zucc, MSL, and Hagelin.

Idiotic.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
I'm just under the impression that this is a negotiating tactic. I'm hoping, at least.

Even w/ Cally... he wasn't given the trade or accept the damn extension ultimatum.

Girardi was and he ultimately resigned. I don't remember Cally having the same threat until it was too late.

Resign Zucc. Unreal, if they traded/lost him, I'd be outside MSG immediately following w/ a fire Sather picket.

Sign Boyle to an extra year and Glass to an extra 2 just so you can't resign at least 1 of Zucc, MSL, and Hagelin.

Idiotic.

Agreed, hoping this is a tactic as well. It makes absolutely zero sense. I would rather hold onto to Zucc, than trade him if they can't agree during the season.

BarbaraAlphanse

Really hoping this is negotiating.

This is the last bit of leverage the Rangers have before Zucc's camp has all power in negotiations. He wants to win the cup, he wants to stay in NY, he wants to be with his friends.

The Rangers want to get him resigned by the deadline. After the deadline, Newport tells Zucc to wait until July 1 so that the Rangers will be scared and offer more.

Now the Rangers say we'll trade unless you accept less.

Both sides need to cave a little.

Last I heard the Rangers were at 4.25 and Zucc was at 5.15. 4.5 and add a limited no trade clause. 5 years. Call it a ****ing day. Just resign one of my favorite players - who coincidentally also happens to be one of the most important players to the success of this team.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Seriously if they manage to:

1. Trade Zucc

2. Trade Miller for Vermette

3. Leave Glass in the line-up

that would be three of the worst moves/non moves possible going in to the post-season.

rvdnsx

Jun 30, 2003
This is a negotiating tactic by Sather to get Zucc to lower his demands. We can't afford to pay him $5+ million per year.

Definitely, Sather is using this to get some leverage, threaten to ship Zucc to Arizona or Edmonton to get a better contract on the table. Otherwise maybe

Zucc, Moore, Glass and picks
For
Vermette and Yandle

Or

For
Yakupov and Nurse

Sather rarely gets fleeced on trades...

BarbaraAlphanse

1. Trade Zucc

that would be three of the worst moves/non moves possible going in to the post-season.

****. I'll throw up if any of those 3 are realities.

BarbaraAlphanse

Definitely, Sather is using this to get some leverage, threaten to ship Zucc to Arizona or Edmonton to get a better contract on the table. Otherwise maybe

For
Vermette and Yandle

Or

For
Yakupov and Nurse

Sather rarely gets fleeced on trades...

He got fleeced w/ TB last year. And with Clowe the year before.

BarbaraAlphanse

Has to be negotiating.

Rangers would trade for Zucc if he was a rental on another team and they were close to the cup.

Has to be negotiating.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012

1. Trade Zucc

1. Still think we re-sign him

2. 50/50

3. No doubt about it Glass remains in the lineup. Fast, Miller and Stempniak will all be scratched before him.

BarbaraAlphanse

1. Still think we re-sign him

2. 50/50

3. No doubt about it Glass remains in the lineup. Fast, Miller and Stempniak will all be scratched before him.

1. I think it's not a sure thing.

2. There is 0% chance.

3. I'm retaining hope AV finally sees reason.

BarbaraAlphanse

Neither of those deals were fleecings.

I consider both fleecings.

How can you trade 2 1sts in addition to your captain for a 39 y/o who may possibly retire 1.5 years later?

Cally will be with them for 6 years. Those extra 1sts could develop into key players for that franchise.

And St. Louis threw the Rangers a bone and singled them out as the only team he'd go to...

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
No player we get in a trade is going to be worth what Zucc brings to this team. I'm sorry, but I re-sign Zucc and let Marty go every single time. You cannot destroy the chemistry that Brass and Zucc have together on the ice.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Sather did not get fleeced in the Tampa deal.

As much as some people don't want to see it, moving Ryan Callahan (and not giving him a Pejorative Slured contract) was addition by subtraction. Rangers got a pretty damn good player, a long playoff run, and are primed for another one, provided that Slats doesn't do anything moronic (see below.)

Gotta assume that is a negotiating tactic.

So moronic to trade Zucc. Management has to see this.

There were a bunch of scouts in town to watch the Rangers last week. Putting 2 and 2 together, this rumor seems very, very real.

The only way this make sense (to me at least) is if hes packaged for a clear upgrade or if the Rangers got bad news on Lundqvist and want to move him for futures. I don't exactly agree with the latter, but at least I'd understand.

Though I swear if they move him for Tyler ****ing Bozak I'm going to torch their war room.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I consider both fleecings.

How can you trade 2 1sts in addition to your captain for a 39 y/o who may possibly retire 1.5 years later?

Cally will be with them for 6 years. Those extra 1sts could develop into key players for that franchise.

And St. Louis threw the Rangers a bone and singled them out as the only team he'd go to...

One of those 1sts only became that because the Rangers went deep, which was absolutely worth it. We also go a 2nd out of that deal ourselves.

And you're ignoring the fact that the captain they traded was going to be gone anyway. They might be getting more time out of Cally than we are out of MSL, but we are getting more time out of MSL than we would have gotten out of Cally.

NJRangers35

Apr 11, 2011
Let me preface this by saying I love Zucc and I really hope they work something out him. But with that said am I the only one that finds it ridiculous he wants $5 million with the point production he puts up? I mean he only has 35 points and he isn't a huge goal scorer. I understand his possession game is great and he is an incredible passer. I also understand he brings other things to the table, but $5 million for someone who doesn't put a whole lot of points scares me a little. I don't understand why it is universally accepted that he deserves that much money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad