2014-2015 New Jersey Devils Full Schedule Released

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
May get crazy and do the Friday night game in Chicago in Feb then get up early and drive to Nashville for the Saturday night game. Two of my fav cities in the US. That'd be a hell of a time..

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
I'm considering the same thing :laugh:

It'd be bat **** insaneo, but my god that'd be a hell of a trip. Take off from NJ that Thursday, stay at the wife's parents in Indiana, drive to Chicago Friday morning, get up Saturday morning and get to Nashville by 2ish. Live music bars all day, go to the game then go out after. Make the 10hr drive back to Jerz Sunday.

I'm for sure doing Chicago, but we'll see on Nashville :laugh:

Henry Killinger

Sep 25, 2006
Roanoke, VA
Me and a friend of mine will be coming up for the Detroit game on Black Friday. Will also hit the game in Carolina on March 28th. Always a good number of Devils fans there. Last game I saw there was in 2012, the 5-0 win that guaranteed a playoff spot.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
It'd be bat **** insaneo, but my god that'd be a hell of a trip. Take off from NJ that Thursday, stay at the wife's parents in Indiana, drive to Chicago Friday morning, get up Saturday morning and get to Nashville by 2ish. Live music bars all day, go to the game then go out after. Make the 10hr drive back to Jerz Sunday.

I'm for sure doing Chicago, but we'll see on Nashville :laugh:

I'll be living in Sycamore ( 1 hr west of Chicago ) so the Chicago part will be easy to pull off...convincing the GF of the drive to Nashville and back will be the hard part.

GhostofKenKlee

Don't like the no matinee games but whatevers....

Remember a few seasons back the Devils were the least miles travelled team. Western teams cited the Devils and wanted a change and for them to travel more and other local teams.

Now it's the Flyers that are the least miles logged, do the Flyers or other teams crying about how much the Devils travel now or do the Flyers take the Devils place on that perch?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Remember a few seasons back the Devils were the least miles travelled team. Western teams cited the Devils and wanted a change and for them to travel more and other local teams.

Now it's the Flyers that are the least miles logged, do the Flyers or other teams crying about how much the Devils travel now or do the Flyers take the Devils place on that perch?

I'm sure we're close to the lowest miles traveled. Rangers, Flyers, Islanders,Devils are always at the bottom of the list.

Do you have a link to how many miles each team will travel this year? Gulitti posted an article when last years schedule was released, and it had how many miles each team was to travel. Sharks, Ducks,Kings, Coyotes, Canucks, Oilers, Flames were all over 50k miles. The four in the tri state region were all in the lower 30k's.

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014

Same... wish they at least threw one or two in there and more 3/5 PM starts on Sundays after football season is over. The New Years Eve matinee game against Pittsburgh this year was up there as one of the loudest and most packed games from all of last season. Sometimes it's a lot more convenient for people.

Status Quo*

Anyone else thinking of going down to Philly for the season opener?

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
I'm sure we're close to the lowest miles traveled. Rangers, Flyers, Islanders,Devils are always at the bottom of the list.

Do you have a link to how many miles each team will travel this year? Gulitti posted an article when last years schedule was released, and it had how many miles each team was to travel. Sharks, Ducks,Kings, Coyotes, Canucks, Oilers, Flames were all over 50k miles. The four in the tri state region were all in the lower 30k's.

Yeah, the Devils, Rangers, Islanders, and Flyers are always going to be near the bottom of the miles traveled list. The thing that irks me is those other teams have fewer back-to-backs than the Devils do. I don't have a problem with teams traveling fewer miles having more back-to-backs than teams located in more isolated locations, but geez, ALL of the teams traveling fewer miles or that have more bus trip games should play more back-to-backs, not just the Devils.

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
Negative, but eyeing one of the early season DC games.

Not sure what your interest level is in other sports, but the following events are occurring on the weekends immediately after the two early season Devils games in DC:

After Thursday 10/16 Devils at Capitals game:
*Capitals - 10/18 (Sat): vs Florida, 7 PM
*Maryland football - 10/18 (Sat): vs Iowa, 12 PM
*Redskins - 10/19 (Sun): vs Tennessee, 1 PM (Giants 4:25 PM game, Jets Thursday game on same night as Devils/Capitals game)
*Ravens - 10/19 (Sun): vs Atlanta, 1 PM

After Friday 11/14 Devils at Capitals game:
*Navy football - 11/15 (Sat): vs Georgia Southern, 3:30 PM
*Maryland football - 11/15 (Sat): vs Michigan State, 8 PM
*Redskins - 11/16 (Sun): vs Tampa Bay, 1 PM (Giants 1 PM game, Jets bye week)

With the earlier Devils/Capitals game, it is possible the Nationals and/or Orioles could be in the MLB playoffs. With the latter Devils/Capitals game, there may also be NBA and/or college basketball games being held in or near DC that weekend.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
I'll be living in Sycamore ( 1 hr west of Chicago ) so the Chicago part will be easy to pull off...convincing the GF of the drive to Nashville and back will be the hard part.

If you don't mind me asking, what made you move there?

That's gotta be a what, 7hr drive from Chi to Nashville? Really not all that bad. I haven't been to Mtl or TO yet, but Nashville is #1 on my list of Devs games attended.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
TGfireandice: Lamoriello said he was "not happy" with team's 2014-15 schedule. 18 back to backs, no afternoon home games.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I'll most likely make the trip to Anaheim on Friday, January 16th. It should be a good time as I the only place I've been to in California is San Diego. Has anyone else been to the Honda Center before? How is it?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I'll most likely make the trip to Anaheim on Friday, January 16th. It should be a good time as I the only place I've been to in California is San Diego. Has anyone else been to the Honda Center before? How is it?

I'll probably be at that game. Honda Center is decent and you should be able to get some cheap seats via StubHub. Parking around the arena gets bottlenecked badly, so maybe be prepared to have a drink or two after the game at the bar across the street afterwards.

Friday rush hour traffic in LA/OC can be pretty brutal, so maybe aim to be there really early or see if you can jump on the Amtrak. Although since it's California, our public transportation is pretty crappy so you probably want to have your car.

One trick I learned was to park at the Amtrak station by Angels Stadium. It's about a ten/fifteen minute walk to Honda Center, but it's free and you'd save the $15 to park at the arena. Although walking back at night feels a little sketchy since there's one crosswalk that is by a freeway entrance and there are quite a few bad drivers out there who won't yield to pedestrians.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Planning on going to the game at United Center. Very happy it's on a Friday night during the semester.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Number of home manitees from the last 10 years (anything before 7pm);

13-14: 4
12-13: 4
11-12: 9
10-11: 6
09-10: 4
08-09: 7
07-08: 7
06-07: 6
05-06: 5
03-04: 8

Shows the randomness of the scheduling/generator and although having none is odd, we'll live

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
TGfireandice: Lamoriello said he was "not happy" with team's 2014-15 schedule. 18 back to backs, no afternoon home games.

Serious question - do the Devils have the ability to alter the start time for any of their home games that aren't part of a back-to-back for the visiting team? Assuming there are no arena event conflicts, I don't see why the Devils couldn't move up the start time for some of their Saturday or Sunday home games to say 1 PM or 3 PM.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Serious question - do the Devils have the ability to alter the start time for any of their home games that aren't part of a back-to-back for the visiting team? Assuming there are no arena event conflicts, I don't see why the Devils couldn't move up the start time for some of their Saturday or Sunday home games to say 1 PM or 3 PM.

nope. NHL controls that. Just because there is no event earlier doesn't mean the team they are playing can adjust either. There are rules about hours between games, max games per week, min time off for players, etc.

They can request a change but I imagine the teams got a chance to do that with a preliminary schedule already before the official schedule was released and the league would only do so if there were exceptional circumstances. Just because they'd "like to" probably doesn't meet the criteria.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad