2014-2015 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
10/28/2014 Jason Missiaen (G) HFD
DEL*Reassigned by N.Y. Rangers (NHL) to Greenville (ECHL)

Ok, that experiment is now over thank god..

YES!!! HAhahahaha YES!!

God you don't know how much I dislike Missiaen. As a consumer, who travels to CT to watch games, it hurts, it really hurts watching Missiaen soild himself repeatedly.

The time, money and effort to watch bad goaltending just is not something I wanna do.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Jeff Malcolm named ECHL goalie of the week. 2 wins, his first pro shutout., .5 GAA and .977sv%.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Hartford is 4-2-1. They are 4-1-1 in games where their goalie registers a SV% above 0.800.

But ok.

Hehe, I thought about tearing Gerander apart too, but then I saw that they were 4-2 with 2 losses against Albany that was like 6-0, etc, so I am snozzing it abit. ;)

Gerander's job in HFD shouldn't be to "win", and I like that Gernander is loyal in that sense. Thats the upside with him. But I do feel that Gerander from what I've been able to tell over the years have added very little to this organization.

I look at it from this point of view: We have all the resources in the world. In a dream world we would have a guy that could provide "x", "y" and "z" (fill in the blanks and use your imagination) as a coach in HFD. In the real world we have Ken Gernander. From what I can tell there is a big discrenpancy betwee what we get and what we could have.

OT: BTW are you 31 or Brian Boyle? ;)

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
...Gerander from what I've been able to tell over the years have added very little to this organization.

My frustration with KG is that over the last 6-8 years, the only NHL regular he's delivered is Dale Weise.
Am i missing someone?
Guys like Hags, McD, Del Zotto, Kreider were gonna make it anyway.
Guys like PAP and John Mitchell were developed by their prior teams.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I can't remember a Hartford team under Gernander where it felt like they overachieved. Never once did I watch the team and think, "Man, these guys are really firing on all cylinders, the coaching staff is really getting everything they can out of the roster." Not once. A large part of that is roster composition (which the coach has little to no control of), but also coaching. Under his control, the team has always been bad or otherwise disappointing--like that first round loss to Worcester in 2010 or whenever it was.

I don't think he's a terrible coach, but I'm not sure he really brings anything noteworthy to the table. He's just...there. Company Man Ken. We could do worse, but we could probably also do better.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Hehe, I thought about tearing Gerander apart too, but then I saw that they were 4-2 with 2 losses against Albany that was like 6-0, etc, so I am snozzing it abit. ;)

Gerander's job in HFD shouldn't be to "win", and I like that Gernander is loyal in that sense. Thats the upside with him. But I do feel that Gerander from what I've been able to tell over the years have added very little to this organization.

I look at it from this point of view: We have all the resources in the world. In a dream world we would have a guy that could provide "x", "y" and "z" (fill in the blanks and use your imagination) as a coach in HFD. In the real world we have Ken Gernander. From what I can tell there is a big discrenpancy betwee what we get and what we could have.

OT: BTW are you 31 or Brian Boyle? ;)
Hybrid.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
My frustration with KG is that over the last 6-8 years, the only NHL regular he's delivered is Dale Weise.
Am i missing someone?
Guys like Hags, McD, Del Zotto, Kreider were gonna make it anyway.
Guys like PAP and John Mitchell were developed by their prior teams.

See my issue with him is that you don't see guys improving dramitically in-season or year to year.

Some of the high upside guys played poorly in HFD. Looking at Krieder... Kreider didn't look like he cared playing in the AHL and my take away was that he was a spoiled and entitled millennial who knew he was going to get a shot based on his talent.

Once he got sent down last year, you finally saw effort in the AHL in his brief stint. Hagelin was a need on the NHL team and was just too too fast for the AHL, he skated circles around players and looked a lot like Maxim Afiniginov on a good night.

You're right some guys are just too good for that league.

But for the ones that need development, you need motivation and drive too. I don't think Kenny pushes or provides that for his players.

My biggest gripe is that none of the kids since McD-Sauer came up and filled in heavy minutes seamlessly.

And I credit JJ Danieult more for that since Kenny doesn't handle the defensemen.

Reality is that they can simply "promote" Kenny and hire an up and coming junior coach, but they are letting nepotism get in the way.

There is no way I could fault Kenny for the atrocious goaltending last year, and this year in a couple of games. Thats on Missasien.

The other stuff.. yeah its on Kenny. Fact that Lindberg and Fast aren't contributing and JT's all around game is stunted... that's on Kenny.

That Danny Kristo don't give a **** is on Kenny.

That Hrivik's offensive game isn't anywhere to be seen is on Kenny.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Hartford won 4-2 tonight. Lindberg, Chris Bourque, Potulny and Vaive scored the goals. Skapski was in net again and for the second game in a row got the first star. Lehigh Valley scored 28 seconds into the game. A couple minutes later Tarnasky had a fight with Derek Mathers. A couple minutes after that Lindberg tied the score. Sometimes a fight will get you back in a game.

McIlrath, Hughes and Bodie were all +1. I'm figuring Allen and McIlrath will both be recalled but it's possible we might see one of Bodie or Hughes.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Watching the game now. Will try to give my breakdown of it (which admittedly will be pretty bad.) First game I've had a chance to watch this year.

LINES (at least this is what they look like)
R. Bourque-Miller-Haggerty
C.Bourque-Fast-Lindberg
Kristo-Crabb-Hrivik
Taranski-Potunly-Vaive

McIlrath-Bodie
Allen-Nightingale
Hughes-Spinell
FIRST PERIOD

Skapski getting the start.

PHANTOMS GOAL: Powe (remember him?) sets up some dude right in front of the fet who scores 28 seconds into the game. Literally nobody within 5 feet of the Phantom. Two WolfPack behind the net, and no one picked him the guy in front. Nothing Skapski could do about it.

Miller with a nice slot to Ryan Bourque who lets one rip from the slot but Phantoms goalie makes a nice save. Scramble in front but nothing comes from it.

FIGHT!! Taranski gets into a scrap with Mathers. Mathers tags Taranski with an uppercut an stuns him. Taranski recovers a bit and but still loses.

Wolf Pack dominating now. Phantoms still with 1 shot. Miller makes a nice little dangle in the neutral zone.

Lindberg cuts to the net but puck slides off his stick. If he kept control he would have had a gimme. Goalie was deked out of his pads.

Bad giveaway leads to a Haggerty chance in the slot.

Pretty uneventful 1st so far. Have been trying to look at McIlrath a little closer, but nothing of importance so far. Turned the puck over at the opposing blue line, but it was a tough pass to handle and didn't have any time when he received it. Made a decent play to force opposing Phantom to cycle back to neutral zone.

2 on 1 for Phantoms and Skapski makes a great split legged save. Skapski looks solid. Phantoms have had a few flurries and has stopped them all since the 28 second mark.

Fast and Lindberg are in sync. Fast does a great job holding onto the puck and finds Lindberg in the circle. Angle too sharp for a serious chance.

McIlrath steps up to hit someone at the blue line but doesn't get all of him. Caught out of position but makes a great play to lay out and block an attempted pass. Needs to be smarter and not step up in that spot.

Miller is extremely noticeable. Makes a great move again in the neutral zone to gain the zone. Then feeds Haggerty in front but Phantom goalie comes up big.

END OF PERIOD 1-0 PHANTOMS Shots 10-10

Worth noting the Phantoms are only using 5 dmen this game. One of them was a late scratch.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
START OF SECOND

Connor Allen throws a nice hip check and upends a Phantom.

Fast protects the puck well and turns and fires. Phantom goalie equal to the task. Fast has shown a great ability of shielding off defenders with his body.

Scramble in front but Skapski comes up big.

Announcer says Kantor was laid out but I haven't seen him. On Replay it was Hrivik who got knocked down. Kantor is scratched. Was hoping to see him and see what he brings to the table.

See a kid in the crowd wearing a knock off Flyers Winter Classic jersey that makes him look like a tiger. I hate his guts.

Oh bad giveaway by Allen from behind his own net. Phantoms miss the net twice.

GOAL!! Lindberg goes top shelf right in the slot on a nice pass by Chris Bourque. WolfPack tie it up 1-1. Lindberg's 4th leads the team. Hughes gets the other assist.

Bourque takes a big slapper that Phantom goalie gets a shoulder on. Wolf Pack clearly the better team tonight (I guess the final score indicated that, but they were dominating up to this point, for what it's worth).

Following a great scoring chance for Phantoms, Justin Vaive goes the other way and drives to the net and draws a PP. Hooking.

Fast gets a good chance in front, but passes it up and nothing comes from it.

R. Bourque throws a solid hit on the forecheck. He's someone I could see filling in on the 4th line if Tanner Glass falls out of favor.

McIlrath makes a nice poke check to cancel out a scoring chance for Phantoms. Wasn't the most orthodox technique, but effective nonethelesss.

C. Bourque makes a nice move around a dman and gets off a weak backhander. Still a nice move.

Hughes makes a great sliding block on a centering pass.

Giveaway by Phantoms leads to a great chance for Hrivik. Misses the net bad, but definitely has a nice wrist shot.

Good glove save by Skapski. Little scrum follows. Unable to see everything that happens because the feed shows the crowd a lot. Apparently Miller bumped Cousins and Cousins sold it so Miller gets a penalty for roughing. Pack to the PK.

END OF SECOND. Pack tied at 1. Shots 9-9 in the 2nd. 19-19 through 2 periods. Shots and score don't tell the full story. Wolf Pack have outplayed the Phantoms in both the 1st and 2nd.

Internet is bad for me. Might have to call it quits soon. It's 1:30am and I have to go to the bar and drink and watch football for 8 hours tomorrow. Tough schedule.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
START OF THIRD (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Secret of the Ooze on TV. Analysis might take a severe dip this period.

Pack start the period on the PK. GREAT stretch pass from Fast to R. Bourque for a SH breakaway but goalie comes up big.

GOAL!!! Potulny tips in a Bodie point shot to give Pack 2-1 lead. Potulny feeds McI with a great backhand pass. McI sends a back hander though the crease. Goes to Vaive who feeds Bodie at the point and Potulny gets his stick on it.

Miller picks a guy's pocket in the offensive zone. Nothing comes of it but it was a great place by Miller.

Kristo invisible so far. First time I heard his name in a long time.

Fast looks great this game. Very creative player. Feeds C. Bourque for a one timer that was very optimistic. C. Bourque was a great shot though.

Vaive takes a penalty for slashing. Didn't see it though. No one seemed to argue. Pack to PK.

PP negated as Lehigh Valley takes a penalty. Again didn't see what for, not that it matters.

Lehigh Valley C rips a shot right off the face off and Skapski makes the save but bad rebound control and almost allows a 2nd effort. Recovers though.

2 on 1 for Lehigh Valley. Laughton drives to the net. Nightingale makes a good play to cancel him out, but Skapski makes a terrific diving save to rob Lehigh Valley.

Really early for Skapski's development, but it looks like he can contribute at the NHL level in the future. Only 20 years old. Haven't gotten a good look at his mask so can't say if it's cooler than Talbot's. (Probably not.)

You would think a game involving anything Flyers would be a chippy game, but fairly clean so far aside from the fight early in the game. There's a rule in the AHL that only allows a player 1 fight a game. If you fight twice it's a game misconduct and you're done for the night.

Video of the crowd. One 11-12 year old girl going BONKERS and a dad who hates his life. Then a group of 8ish year olders kissing their biceps.

Connor Allen mishandles pass, but shows terrific skating and recovers to avoid any real scoring chance for Lehigh Valley.

Joey Crabb another one I haven't noticed much. On a line with Kristo so maybe Gernander just isn't using them that much. Don't have the boxscore to see minutes.

GOAL!!! Justin Viave scores off a lucky bounce off the boards. Potulny dumps the puck in. Takes a Hartford bounce. Viave does a good job shielding off defender and buries it right off the bounce. Pack 3-1

Okay so Taransky is out there with Kristo and Hrivik. So maybe Crabb is benched or maybe my lines are off. Both are extremely possible. Someone who watches the Pack more might need to fact check.

GOAL!!! Phantom D-Man mishandles puck and C. Bourque rips a shot past Phantom goalie. Unassisted. 4 unanswered goals for Hartford. They lead 4-1.

McI is a fluid skater for a big guy but speed is a major issue. Has to rely on positioning to be effective at the NHL level.

GOAL. Skapski makes a couple good saves but puck bounces out front and Cousins lets one fly to cut Wolf Pack lead to 4-2.

Haggerty gets a breakaway and tries to beat Zepp (Phantoms goalie. Took me til 18:45 of the 3rd to figure out his name) glove side. Zepp makes a GREAT glove save. It was glovely.

Skapski stonewalls Laughton on the doorstep. Skapski made a terrible play on the puck and left that puck on a platter for Laughton.

Cousins slashes at McI's ankles a few times following the final horn. That wouldn't end well for Cousins.

END OF THIRD/GAME
Pack win 4-2. Goals by C. Bourque, Lindberg, Potulny, Viave.

Personal 3 Stars:

1) Fast - was noticeable early and often. Showed great skills and vision.

2) C. Bourque - Scored but also showed a great shot. He is probably on the short list to get a call up if there's an injury.

3) Miller - Was extremely noticeable and clearly too good for the AHL. If he ever gets his head out of his rectum.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
I was at the game last night, made the short trip from my spot in the Poconos. This was the 1st game I've attended at PPL Center and its a really nice venue. There were plenty of Rangers fans which was awesome to see!

As far as the game, the Pack controlled most of the play after giving up that early goal, Tarnasky ate a few in his fight but it seemed to spark the boys which is all you can really ask for, the guy looks like a nut by the way lol Miller was noticeable with the puck but had some good and bad moments without, he did take a selfish penalty at the end of the 2nd but he did show some fire throwing Cousins down to the ice. Skapski played a sound game, made some big saves down 1 and tied at 1.

In the 2nd I really focused on Mcilrath as the pack were defending down on my end. He did go for two hits at the blue line, only getting a piece on one but he recovered nicely with a diving poke to break the play up in the slot. I thought he looked pretty solid and was in my option definitely the best defender out there in terms of who can help us now, second being possibly Bodie. I was not impressed with Allen at all, looked timid, fumbled the puck multiple times and just didn't seem at all up to par. He did recover a few times but he seemed to make so many mistakes that he had no other option but to try to do so.

Last edited:

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
I was at the game last night, made the short trip from my spot in the Poconos. This was the 1st game I've attended at PPL Center and its a really nice venue. There were plenty of Rangers fans which was awesome to see!

As far as the game, the Pack controlled most of the play after giving up that early goal, Tarnasky ate a few in his fight but it seemed to spark the boys which is all you can really ask for, the guy looks like a nut by the way lol Miller was noticeable with the puck but had some good and bad moments without, he did take a selfish penalty at the end of the 2nd but he did show some fire throwing Cousins down to the ice. Skapski played a sound game, made some big saves down 1 and tied at 1.

In the 2nd I really focused on Mcilrath as the pack were defending down on my end. He did go for two hits at the blue line, only getting a piece on one but he recovered nicely with a diving poke to break the play up in the slot. I thought he looked pretty solid and was in my option definitely the best defender out there in terms of who can help us now, second being possibly Bodie. I was not impressed with Allen at all, looked timid, fumbled the puck multiple times and just didn't seem at all up to par. He did recover a few times but he seemed to make son many mistakes that he had no other option but to try to do so.

I should add that I was also impressed with Lindberg and Fast. Oscar looks very poised on the ice and just seems to go about his work while Fast makes you notice him with his speed and tenacity, beat a guy to the puck who had a step or two on him numerous times and applied good pressure on the forecheck.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I saw the game too.

Fast was the POG, he don't have many pts on the board and it was tough for him tonight since he clearly was robbed on the 2nd assist on our 1st goal (Fast makes a awesome play and transports the puck into the Ozone and draws a ton of attention before he plays the puck to his right to Bourque who sends it to a trailing Lindberg who roofs it, first they had the assists as Fast and Hughes then they change it to Bourque and Hughes :shakehead).

HFD played well offensively, but they are a bit small too. They were like second last in goals scored in the AHL before this game, not that impressed with how they play under Gernander. I mean they were clearly much -- much -- more talented than the baby-Flyers. Miller played well for glimpses, but disappeared a bit too. Same with Kristo and Haggerty. Haggerty may have a good shot, but he could be a lot better 2-ways.

A good crowd in that arena BTW! Supposedly its just an hour drive from Manhattan, maybe we should have looked at that venue first...

Anyway, I of course especially looked at our Ds given our situation in NY.

The D pairings where:
Bodie-McIlrath
Allen-Nightingale
Spinell-Hughes

On McIlrath first. I can't guarantee that he will make it in NY, but he is playing where he should be playing right now (if we don't need him as an emergence call-up in NY that is). He is doing a good job as a top 4 guy in the AHL. Its important to remember that Dan Girardi hadn't played a single game in the NHL when he was the age McIlrath is now. Its an craft and McIlrath is coming along fine. Hopefully he can keep heading in the right direction and we have time to develop him. Is he ready for the NHL? Well, he is big and strong. Good crease clearer. He got some poise with the puck and isn't lost there. Relying on his positioning will be important. I think he could do fairly well in a smaller role. Could also get in a bit of problem if we are forced to move around too much.

Connor Allen is obviously struggling a bit with taking the next step, and that lands a bit in the coaching staff's lap. A lot of these guys in HFD have been together a long time. They should be a bit more poised with the puck and play a bit more advanced team game, in which a PMD have a crucial role. Allen does what he does on the ice, I mean like, there isn't that much more to do for him in the role and environment he is in -- but looking at the bottom line its not like he is sticking out as a kid pushing for a spot in NY. HFD is a lot about throwing the puck up ice and then circling it to death down low...

Bodie was decent, but I don't think he overtakes Allen's spot as the prime LD call-up candidate (going on past performance because Allen was very meh tonight)... Not easy for him either to play in a game with very little structure.

Both Nightinggale and Hughes are RD call-up candidates too. Nightinggale is a big veteran stay at home D, that plays a very solid game but that lacks a bit of foot speed. He is playing with Allen right now, and if we need a set pairing they could play some minutes in the NHL. Hughes is decent too.

Last edited:

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
I saw the game too.

Fast was the POG, he don't have many pts on the board and it was tough for him tonight since he clearly was robbed on the 2nd assist on our 1st goal (Fast makes a awesome play and transports the puck into the Ozone and draws a ton of attention before he plays the puck to his right to Bourque who sends it to a trailing Lindberg who roofs it, first they had the assists as Fast and Hughes then they change it to Bourque and Hughes :shakehead).

HFD played well offensively, but they are a bit small too. They were like second last in goals scored in the AHL before this game, not that impressed with how they play under Gernander. I mean they were clearly much -- much -- more talented than the baby-Flyers. Miller played well for glimpses, but disappeared a bit too. Same with Kristo and Haggerty. Haggerty may have a good shot, but he could be a lot better 2-ways.

A good crowd in that arena BTW! Supposedly its just an hour drive from Manhattan, maybe we should have looked at that venue first...

The D pairings where:
Bodie-McIlrath
Allen-Nightingale
Spinell-Hughes

On McIlrath first. I can't guarantee that he will make it in NY, but he is playing where he should be playing right now (if we don't need him as an emergence call-up in NY that is). He is doing a good job as a top 4 guy in the AHL. Its important to remember that Dan Girardi hadn't played a single game in the NHL when he was the age McIlrath is now. Its an craft and McIlrath is coming along fine. Hopefully he can keep heading in the right direction and we have time to develop him. Is he ready for the NHL? Well, he is big and strong. Good crease clearer. He got some poise with the puck and isn't lost there. Relying on his positioning will be important. I think he could do fairly well in a smaller role. Could also get in a bit of problem if we are forced to move around too much.

Connor Allen is obviously struggling a bit with taking the next step, and that lands a bit in the coaching staff's lap. A lot of these guys in HFD have been together a long time. They should be a bit more poised with the puck and play a bit more advanced team game, in which a PMD have a crucial role. Allen does what he does on the ice, I mean like, there isn't that much more to do for him in the role and environment he is in -- but looking at the bottom line its not like he is sticking out as a kid pushing for a spot in NY. HFD is a lot about throwing the puck up ice and then circling it to death down low...

Bodie was decent, but I don't think he overtakes Allen's spot as the prime LD call-up candidate (going on past performance because Allen was very meh tonight)... Not easy for him either to play in a game with very little structure.

Both Nightinggale and Hughes are RD call-up candidates too. Nightinggale is a big veteran stay at home D, that plays a very solid game but that lacks a bit of foot speed. He is playing with Allen right now, and if we need a set pairing they could play some minutes in the NHL. Hughes is decent too.

I agree Ola, Bodie might not have overtaken Allen yet but if Connor doesn't get it together quick that could change. His play last night coupled with my last few viewings of him left me largely unimpressed.

McIlrath may not be completely ready yet for prime time but with the injuries last night to the big club he might have to be thrown into the fire a bit, I know he's a rd so he won't be replacing MacTruck but outside of him I didn't see much in terms of someone who can help so a trade might be a real necessity.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I saw the game too.

The D pairings where:
Bodie-McIlrath
Allen-Nightingale
Spinell-Hughes

Very good post.

One quibble--Nightingale would have to sign a contract with the Rangers to be eligible to be recalled. Currently he's signed to an AHL deal.

Noted that Tommy Hughes wore an A last night.

The right side candidates--McIlrath, Hughes.

The left side candidates--Allen, Bodie. Bodie has 6 points in 8 games. There's some offense there but he's on the thin side--175 lbs.--?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I agree Ola, Bodie might not have overtaken Allen yet but if Connor doesn't get it together quick that could change. His play last night coupled with my last few viewings of him left me largely unimpressed.

McIlrath may not be completely ready yet for prime time but with the injuries last night to the big club he might have to be thrown into the fire a bit, I know he's a rd so he won't be replacing MacTruck but outside of him I didn't see much in terms of someone who can help so a trade might be a real necessity.

But i fear what a trade would cost;
I'd prefer another cheap Hunwick 6/7 type guy like Jamie McBain who just signed in AHL..

thee are only 4 Ranger property d-men w HWP, Hughes being the 4th.
Zipay mentioned Hughes as a possible call up due to solid play, Brooks mentioned Bodie

I havent seen Hartford so have to trust reports here that Allen has been mediocre
otherwise
I could see Hughes and Allen callups, with Tommy playing 6th man safe 12-14 minutes - his key role on successful London teams shouldn't be overlooked

I love Bodie's skillset. but his size is obviously an issue, and he needs to cut down on the long diagonal break out passes, that he could execute so well in NCAA, in the NHL those are turnovers most likely

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Was supposed to be at that one, but opted to stay home and watch the Rangers. Sounds like it was a good game. Glad to hear there are more PA Ranger fans representing at PPL Center. :hockey:

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
But i fear what a trade would cost;
I'd prefer another cheap Hunwick 6/7 type guy like Jamie McBain who just signed in AHL..

thee are only 4 Ranger property d-men w HWP, Hughes being the 4th.
Zipay mentioned Hughes as a possible call up due to solid play, Brooks mentioned Bodie

I havent seen Hartford so have to trust reports here that Allen has been mediocre
otherwise
I could see Hughes and Allen callups, with Tommy playing 6th man safe 12-14 minutes - his key role on successful London teams shouldn't be overlooked

I love Bodie's skillset. but his size is obviously an issue, and he needs to cut down on the long diagonal break out passes, that he could execute so well in NCAA, in the NHL those are turnovers most likely

I thought Hughes looked pretty good, definitely could be an option as well.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
On Bodie, he is a kid who in terms of style is in the Tobias Enström/Troey Krug mold. The type who can be consistent at making the plays nobody else does consistently, always holding on to the puck and making the poised play.

But you have to be very calm and poised succeding with that style in the NHL. And you can't do it playing 12-14 minutes a night.

I think Allen is above Bodie, and that Bodie need a bit more time...

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
Gotta think Allen and the mcilrath Will not be getting as many minutes today...If both are called up that would be 3 in 3 day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad