2014-2015 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yes, it would be nice if someone could update the thread title to reflect that it is now the 2014-2015 season, and nix the "Part VI" thing. :laugh:

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I haven't been watching games this year but by reading the scores I'm beginning to join the Kenny G must go crowd. Time for a new voice.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
I haven't been watching games this year but by reading the scores I'm beginning to join the Kenny G must go crowd. Time for a new voice.

+1 here

There must be some hungry junior coach or NHL assistant coach that can use the tools (players) provided to help develop the young guns AND create a winning atmosphere.

Granted, guys like Hrivik, Kristo, Miller have mailed it in as they didnt make the NHL team and must be disappointed, Allen has regressed quite a bit, and McIlrath getting schooled by AHL mid-level players on a constant basis, it wouldn't make any coach's life easy. This team lives and dies with goalie Desjardins :(

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
+1 here

There must be some hungry junior coach or NHL assistant coach that can use the tools (players) provided to help develop the young guns AND create a winning atmosphere.

Granted, guys like Hrivik, Kristo, Miller have mailed it in as they didnt make the NHL team and must be disappointed, Allen has regressed quite a bit, and McIlrath getting schooled by AHL mid-level players on a constant basis, it wouldn't make any coach's life easy. This team lives and dies with goalie Desjardins :(

Jeez has Miller been that bad? Like is it just a bad stretch?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

I only watched one game, and he didn't look terrible, especially comparatively, but he is prone to lapses.

Hrivik, Fast, and Haggerty looked the best in the game I watched.

Kristo was pretty meh, I agree that maybe he knows his time here is up so he is mailing it in.

Lindberg just had some lost board battles, but his linemates weren't exactly helping him.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
+1 here

Exactly what we wanted to hear. :confused: Has it been a trend all season so far? They haven't played much yet (today looks like their 7th game?), surely still getting in a groove. Real shame to hear that about about that forward trio, hopefully they pick up the effort and soon. I still have some hopes Miller can provide the Rangers with some good chippy physical play.

Last edited:

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Brutal scheduling for the Pack:

Friday 7pm
Saturday 5pm
Sunday 3pm.

all without starting goaltender.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Skapski starting for the WP, 3 shots 3 saves through 20 mins. Hopefully the beginning of the end for Missiaen im the AHL.

first HWP game I watch, ever.

Os, 2 questions: How did you get into Hartford and how do you follow them from over here?

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
first HWP game I watch, ever.

Os, 2 questions: How did you get into Hartford and how do you follow them from over here?

I watch their games via hockeystreams, keep up-to-date on twitter... I go back all the way to the Binghamtpon Rangers, i love to see potential future Rangers development. Also, the WP were always competitive and entertaining. AHL is more raw and ad-hoc than the NHL, refreshing to see instinct hockey.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Like I said before season started Gernander would find a way to make an absolutely stacked roster underperform

He's an awful coach I don't understand why we keep him around

Haggerty kristo Lindberg hrivik miller the Bourques Crabb Fast potulny they had mueller they'll get him back too

Team still can't win

Should be a top team in the A with that roster

It's gernander

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Like I said before season started Gernander would find a way to make an absolutely stacked roster underperform

He's an awful coach I don't understand why we keep him around

Haggerty kristo Lindberg hrivik miller the Bourques Crabb Fast potulny they had mueller they'll get him back too

Team still can't win

Should be a top team in the A with that roster

It's gernander
Hartford is 4-2-1. They are 4-1-1 in games where their goalie registers a SV% above 0.800.

But ok.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I understand the frustration with Gernander, but there are a lot of new faces and it takes time for players to get comfortable with each other on the ice. Plus, any team that loses their #1 to an injury is going to scramble.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Could you explain it to me?

I was being polite....The organization is clearly happy with Gernander's performance, so as far as I'm concerned it's not really a debatable point--fans just have to live with it as one of the givens. But, there are people here who do want to debate it and I respect that as well.

And I'm sure you're aware of the discussion anyway.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
As loaded as the team is up front, it's pretty thin at the blueline. Until they signed Nightengale, McIlrath, even with his injuries, was the most experienced D. Steve Spinell in particular doesn't strike me as an AHL-level defenseman and Nightengale is pretty marginal.The Pack was expecting to have Kostka and Kampfer to shore up the blueline and provide veteran d presence, but have neither.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

No he's been their best forward along with Lindberg. The team as a whole had some really bad periods of hockey, and there are a couple of players that are playing indifferent since they know they'll move on, like Kristo and a couple of the AHL vets, but Millers been fine... Needs to win faceoffs and dominate in all 3 zones.

Basically need Miller to play like he did in the 1st 3 preseason games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad