2014-2015 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I imagine they'll get Burakovsky and Latta and Nate Schmidt who was called up for the 7th game will go back as well.

Schmidt's been playing for them, between him and Carrick he's probably their best defenseman down there.

I think that Mike Green is going to walk and they'll play Carrick in that 3rd RD slot (similar player, but much chippier less skill), and rotate Orlov and Schmidt in Gleason's spot.

Overall it's a step back, but the Caps need a secondary scorer that can break a game open and play next to Kuznetsov.

Don't think they send Burakovsky down, but Latta is a possibility.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I interpreted your 'Yandle will be paid lots more next season' comment to mean he got his full contract hit, not 1/2. So we agree that NYR only owe 1/2 his Cap hit.

no need to dive deeper here, but i don't really understand your (a).
Of course it was prorated, he was paid during those days 'as if' he were paid $2.625 for the year
And at that time of season, the team's Cap should also be prorated per the remaining days.

to me, maybe i am missing something, it seems his percentage of the team's Cap doesn't change between this year and next...

The point of (a) was that Yandle will cost more against the cap next year than he did this year. If he had actually cost us the full 2.625 mil against the cap, we would have been over the cap. Next year he will cost the full 2.625 mil.

But really, the simplest way to look at it is to add up the cap hits for all the players under contract for next season and see how much is left. You'll find that it isn't much, and not enough to pay all of Stepan, Hagelin and MSL. Even if we let MSL walk, we'll probably need to make other moves to get under the cap.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I'll let Jeff Beakeboom answer that for you:

http://www.blueshirtsunited.com/article/beukeboom-hartford-playoffs-rangers-prospects

Pretty funny he knocks on wood there.

Thanks that is worth posting for other fans.
BSU: The other defenseman Rangers fans clamour over is Dylan McIlrath. Where do you see his game right now?

Beukeboom: He's playing the best hockey of his professional career. "He's been playing outstanding. He seems to really thrive in the playoff situations. He's playing very physical but at the same time is — knock on wood — he's staying out of the penalty box. He's been one of our most consistent penalty killer with whoever he goes out there with. He's playing a lot of minutes and he's strong and is as strong defensively as he's been as a pro."

"The second-half of this season, he's just taken off. At Christmas, I think he was a minus 11 or 12, and he finished the year a plus-6. He's actually scored a couple big goals for us down the stretch. He's never been better."
http://www.blueshirtsunited.com/article/beukeboom-hartford-playoffs-rangers-prospects

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

Anytime, the entire defense core down in HFD has been great after Christmas... or a lot better than before.

Skapski came in and settled things down than Danis did his job, but a lot of guys have been more comfortable under the system.

Allen stopped gambling, Kostka is actually a very good AHL player, Bodie plays with more confidence.

It's the biggest reason why the team went from the fringes to finishing 3rd in the East. Brady Skjei was just the icing on the cake. HFD has 3 pretty good pairs down there.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Beukeboom: He's playing the best hockey of his professional career. He's been playing outstanding. He seems to really thrive in the playoff situations. He's playing very physical but at the same time is — knock on wood — he's staying out of the penalty box. He's been one of our most consistent penalty killer with whoever he goes out there with. He's playing a lot of minutes and he's strong and is as strong defensively as he's been as a pro.

The second-half of this season, he's just taken off.

So this will be interpreted here as: "McIlrath stopped improving."

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Mcilrath will get his chance next season and it'll be sink or swim... Personally I think hell swim especially if he's paired with yandle

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
My stance on Mcllrath is very similar to the day he was drafted.

I think he'll play at the NHL. The two biggest questions marks (were) and are:

1. Will he be more than a third pairing kind of guy and
2. Will he justify passing on some of the players who were still on the board when he was selected in the draft.

But I do believe he will find a home somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->