2014-2015 General Wild Discussion Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
So we have vs. Anaheim, @ Saint Louis, and @ Nashville coming up.

Do you give Kuemper the start at home against Anaheim, or give him the tall task of playing @ Saint Louis the next night? I'd be surprised if Duby got both.

If we could come out of this 3 game stretch with 4 points, I think we could call it a huge success.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Let Kemps play Anaheim. They are Pacific, we won't catch them in points, and most likely won't play them in the 1st round if we are 1st WC anyways.

STL is manageable and its a Divisional opponent. Same with Nashville

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Dumba is going to be a star.

I don't think he is going to be named as a throw in on trades in the future. What has impressed me is how much he has improved in his own end. Also, I knew he could skate, shoot, and carry the puck but his vision and passing is VERY impressive.

There is something very aggressive and, dare I say, dynamic about his game that is refreshing.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Let Kemps play Anaheim. They are Pacific, we won't catch them in points, and most likely won't play them in the 1st round if we are 1st WC anyways.

I think this is what I would do as well.

Plus, Anaheim is at home, so we might actually still have a chance to beat them with Kuemper in net...

That give Dubs 3 full days rest for St. Louis.

hipchecks

#MakeStaalGreatAgain
Mar 3, 2015
Minnesota

Agree with this. We have more to gain by beating STL and NSH. We always have a tough time against the Blues, and so we're gonna need Dubs for them. Nashville is in a slump right now, but they're still no pushovers. Kuemper can handle Anaheim at home (or so I think).

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I say we have a better chance of beating Anaheim. Start Dubs against them and let Kuemp take a beating when we inevitably lose 5-0 to St. Louis again.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
B_yWf06WEAA2UR1.jpg:large

Slightly easier to read version of that chart

Kind of a cool visualization of the race to the playoffs.

We have a tough road ahead, so it's nice to have a little bit of cushion. Only 2 games against non-playoff teams, and one of those is the Kings.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Hmm, thought this whole time the Winnipeg game was the last one of the year.. not just the last home game.

^ And funny start to that press conference. :laugh:

hipchecks

#MakeStaalGreatAgain
Mar 3, 2015
Minnesota
I say we have a better chance of beating Anaheim. Start Dubs against them and let Kuemp take a beating when we inevitably lose 5-0 to St. Louis again.

Thought about this too, but I feel a game at home against Anaheim might help Kuemps boost his confidence. Throwing him to St. Louis in their barn is most likely going to crush him. Dubnyk is the obvious starter down the stretch, but it wouldn't be all bad for Kuemper to heat up a little.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
at the same time, I feel like Kuemper has had better games on the road so I keep leaning towards him starting in St. Louis. We'll see though.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Wait until the annual meltdown next December and tell me that. Then the annual winning streak to follow that we'll love him again.

People like to **** on Yeo all the time, I've been a supporter of his since we brought him in. Guy has proven his system works and I won't doubt him.

at the same time, I feel like Kuemper has had better games on the road so I keep leaning towards him starting in St. Louis. We'll see though.

I wish we started him vs. the Avs. He seems to like playing them.

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
I don't think he is going to be named as a throw in on trades in the future. What has impressed me is how much he has improved in his own end. Also, I knew he could skate, shoot, and carry the puck but his vision and passing is VERY impressive.

There is something very aggressive and, dare I say, dynamic about his game that is refreshing.

oh-no-you-didn-t-o-s.gif

:sarcasm:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Heard on the radio that this is the most points through 67 games in Wild history.

Weird that that's only good enough for a wild card spot!

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
As of today, the Wild are a top 10 team in both goals/game (2.82) and goals against/game (2.51).

:clap:

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il

Isn't it St. Louis that always seem to run our goalie?

Maybe put Keumper in for that one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad