Speculation: 2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Well look at that list, it's pretty extensive. Pho's right, the Yotes barely missed the playoffs this year without any of that occuring, if most of it occurred I don't think it's even remotely a stretch to think they'd be seriously in the hunt for the division title. Of course the problem is that's a lot to have actually happen!

cobra427

May 6, 2012
We have "so many" holes, I'm not sure how we can fill them all

We need the perfect storm.
- Ribs to regain his compete level,
- Boedker to continue to improve into a true #1 RW,
- Doan to regain first half form,
- Domi to be the answer with the Czechs,
- Stone able to handle 3/4 duties,
- Murphy improves and becomes a staple in D-pairings,
- Z doesn't get hurt all year long,
- Hanzal follows Z's healthy lead and plays 75+ games
- Domi capable of playing 15min a night and puts up 40+ pts
- Lessio becomes a better Korpikoski and he takes over 3rd line minutes
- anyone on the 4th line is able to PK and we finish in the top 15 on PK
- Smith plays like a top 10 goalie all year long
- OEL takes the next step and challenges for Norris trophy
- Yandle remembers that Defense wins championships and he puts up 50pts but is back to being a plus player

Even if all of this happens, we're still not a Stanley threat...which is so depressing

I totally disagree. If all this happens we are a threat to win it all. As for your list, I don't see the following happening: Doan will be a year older and declines, Z and Hanzal will always be hurt for 15-25 games a year, Lesio won't be better then Korpi. Other then that, I can see the rest of your list playing out as stated. The wild card is Domi. This franchise has never had a forward like Domi step in at his age and be 40 point+ productive. We are do for that to happen as a franchise, so my fingers are crossed...

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
So apparently David Legwand will hit the market. 33 going on 34, but has stayed pretty healthy and is coming off a 50 point season, so not noticeably in decline yet and is still a decent two-way center, good enough to be 3C for us at least (and move Ribeiro to wing). Has chemistry with Erat from their time in Nashville, so that's 2/3rd of a potential shutdown line and a PK pairing right there. Good line to place Domi on as well so he can develop his two-way game. We might have to overpay a little bit to get Legwand on a 1 year deal, but I think 3.5-4M should be enough to land him.

Anyways, get Legwand signed, trade Schlemko+ to San Jose for Stuart w/ salary retention, call up Domi and Lessio, and lets call it an offseason. ;-)

Ribeiro (5.5) - Hanzal (3.25) - Vrbata (4)
Doan (5.05) - Vermette (3.75) - Boedker (2.8)
Domi (0.92) - Legwand (3.75) - Erat (2.25)
Lessio (0.867) - Vitale (1) - McMillan (0.8)
Szwarz (0.65)

OEL (4) - Michalek (4)
Yandle (5.5) - Stone (1.2)
Gormley (0.84) - Stuart (2.4)
Summers (0.8)

Smith (6)
Greiss (1.25)

Total: 60.57M

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
This is a picture of how top goaltenders stack up over the past few years. Look at Smith he was horrible in Tampa then Very good in Arizona but his last two seasons were average. I know the Smith talk as settled a little bit but I just thought this was interesting.

svp1.png

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Szwarz (0.65)

OEL (4) - Michalek (4)
Summers (0.8)

Smith (6)
Greiss (1.25)

Why no Samuelson?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So apparently David Legwand will hit the market. 33 going on 34, but has stayed pretty healthy and is coming off a 50 point season, so not noticeably in decline yet and is still a decent two-way center, good enough to be 3C for us at least (and move Ribeiro to wing). Has chemistry with Erat from their time in Nashville, so that's 2/3rd of a potential shutdown line and a PK pairing right there. Good line to place Domi on as well so he can develop his two-way game. We might have to overpay a little bit to get Legwand on a 1 year deal, but I think 3.5-4M should be enough to land him.

Anyways, get Legwand signed, trade Schlemko+ to San Jose for Stuart w/ salary retention, call up Domi and Lessio, and lets call it an offseason. ;-)

Szwarz (0.65)

OEL (4) - Michalek (4)
Summers (0.8)

Smith (6)
Greiss (1.25)

Looks good. I'd only change the last four forward spots slightly.

McMillan-Vitale-Szwarz
Bissonnette

With Lessio as first AHL call up.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
He's going to need time. I bet he'll start in the AHL and start slowly. Lazy stat watchers on the main board will declare him a bust. Then he'll light it up as a second year pro and earn some sporadic call ups.

He's a very similar player to Adam Lowry, who is one year older, and one year ahead on the same development path. I look at Lowry to set my Samuelsson expectations.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Looks good. I'd only change the last four forward spots slightly.

McMillan-Vitale-Szwarz
Bissonnette

With Lessio as first AHL call up.

That'd work too, though in that case I'd rather give Brown Biz's money as he'd offer more utility being a speedy tough guy who can also PK.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Okay. That would be fine also. Haha.

It's so nice being able to armchair GM here. Whenever I attempt to do it at FFH I get looked at as a crazy person. Especially when I try to bring up the necessity of reinserting some grit and piss into our lineup, or talk about how bad Moss is. Haha.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

Szwarz (0.65)

OEL (4) - Michalek (4)
Summers (0.8)

Smith (6)
Greiss (1.25)

Korpikoski?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Dumped with all the other refuse like Klink and Chipchura.

Come on now, Korpikoski is not chopped liver and is worth more than Klink and Chip. A lot of posters want to dump players like Schlemko and Korpikoski, but if we do trade them I believe they both have pretty good trade value in a package deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad