Speculation: 2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
At this point, priority #1 is getting some grit/heart/balls/edge back into our lineup. Not as concerned about size as some others - I'll take "plays consistently big" over merely "big" every day and twice on Sunday. Acquiring guys like Ott, Vitale, and/or Brown would go a long way with accomplishing that.

#2 is getting more top 6 offensive talent. Easier said than done. Could be better to just give Domi and Lessio the real opportunity to develop into said talent at the NHL-level. Move Ribs to LW w/ the Czechs. 50/50 now on whether Vrbata should be retained or not. If not, try to package Stone for someone like Jiri Hudler to take his place.

Time to consider cashing in some veterans for futures in preparation for a talent-rich draft in 2015. Right now I think Korpikoski is the odd-man out.

Ribeiro - Hanzal - Vrbata
Boedker - Vermette - Erat
Domi - Ott - Doan
McMillan - Vitale - Brown
Szwarz
Biz

OEL - Michalek
Yandle - Fayne
Gormley - Stone
Summers

OR

Doan - Ribeiro - Hudler
Domi - Hanzal - Erat
Lessio - Vermette - Boedker
McMillan - Vitale - Brown
Szwarz
Biz

OEL - Michalek
Yandle - Fayne
Gormley - Summers
Roszival

Last edited:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Kane won't be cheaper than Yakupov, and Yak is not what this team needs. Polar opposite of what the team needs.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Domi and Lessio have to be up with the club next season...we are in desperate need of guys who "hate to lose" and from what I've seen from both they are those type of guys. Plus their speed and tenacity should most certainly help.

Domi I believe can take Whitney's spot next to Hanzal/Vrbata

(I think we have to sign Vrbata, were short on skill as it is, no need to make it worse)

Lessio I think needs to be put with Vermette/Boedker

(Korpi needs to find another home I think, time to trade for another enigma)

after that, I'm at a loss other than wanting to move:
Klinkhammer, Schlemko, and of course Korpi

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Domi I believe can take Whitney's spot next to Hanzal/Vrbata

Domi won't be a 20 year vet. He'll be a deer in the headlights rookie full of mistakes and energy. And I'm not so sure Vrbata comes back.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
We lose Vrbata, streaky as he is, and we lose our only shooter (except maybe Doan).

UFA options limited this year as well.

Any major changes are going to have to come via trade.

Any thoughts on Moulson?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
we are in desperate need of guys who "hate to lose" and from what I've seen from both they are those type of guys.

Maybe Lessio hates to lose, but he sure did a lot of it this year. I'd like to work him in, but he's not going to help us win any more than Korpikoski would next year.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Lessio had an amazing "rookie" season on a team that was absolutely terrible. Too many non AHLers on that team for them to have any success and the seasons that Miele, Lessio and Rieder had were amazing considering.

Miele just isn't an NHL player, but an AHL all star. He really does need to move to wing if he's going to make it, it won't be at center

Lessio has wheels deluxe (better than Korpi) and from what he proved in the AHL, he's got better hands.

I'm gonna have to pay more attention to Rieder this season

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
What's like the likelihood that Brown hits UFA? I haven't seen many SJ games.

I'd take Vrbata and Stone over just Hudler.

Time for GMDM to move a major core piece. Can't help but think that leads to Yandle.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Anyone like Eberle? Still a kid, with good scoring touch. dont know much more than is offensive abilities. Could be a wreck on defense but seems like out of Hall, RNH, and Eberle, he is the one that is most likely to move. Very pricey though.

I like Evander Kane as a replacement as well. Again, not too sure how he is defensively and could use a change of scenery comparing this year to last. Both at 6 Mil though.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
One reason I wouldn't mind a trade with Edmonton (Winnipeg works to) is it gives the message, "Don't wanna play here? We'll send you to ****in' Edmonton." No one wants to be in Edmonton.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I like Evander Kane as a replacement as well. Again, not too sure how he is defensively and could use a change of scenery comparing this year to last. Both at 6 Mil though.

My only issue with Kane is that he seems like a problem child.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
My only issue with Kane is that he seems like a problem child.

I think a lot of the supposed issue with Kane are overblown. But Seguin was considered a problem child and Dallas is pretty happy with him.

Kane's a hell of a player and I would love to get him, just hard finding a way to make a deal work for both sides.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Who cares what these kids do off the ice so long as they produce on it?

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
F F S.

Cheaper, younger and attitudinal-er.

Bye Moss, bye Halpern, bye Morris.

****. Really?

****ing DAL is not good. And we're worse. ****.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

Brown should be hitting UFA. He's not getting regular time w/ the Sharks as their 13th forward.

Yeah, I would prefer to keep Vrby and Stone over just Hudler too. But Hudler has been very productive as pretty much the go-to guy on a bad Flames team. Isn't all that bad defensively either. Definitely worth his 4M.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I know a lot of people have posted these thoughts before, but now that we basically just have two meaningless games left, I'll chime in on the keep/meh/drop train.

Keep

Shane Doan
Martin Hanzal
Martin Erat (if only to give him a real shot as a healthy player)
Mikkel Boedker
Antoine Vermette
Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Antoine Vermette
Connor Murphy
Chris Summers
Brandon Gormley
Brandon McMillan
Paul Bissonnette
Thomas Greiss

Meh

Radim Vrbata
Lauri Korpikoski
Jeff Halpern
Jordan Szwarz
Keith Yandle
Michael Stone
Mike Smith

GTFO:

David Moss
Rob Klinkhammer
David Moss
Tim Kennedy
David Moss
Derek Morris
David Moss
David Schlemko
David Moss
Andy Miele
David Moss
Kyle Chipchura
David Moss

David Moss
David Moss

David Moss

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona

Time for GMDM to move a major core piece. Can't help but think that leads to Yandle.

Yeah I still don't know if I'm for or against it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Yandle moved for a big gun that can lineup next to Ribeiro. We need to have a lot more games next year where we have multiple lines clicking at the same time. The last half of the year all of the lines had good spurts, but for the most part looked like they all lacked chemistry on offense. With the guys on D we have coming up it might be worth it to move him with the hopes of getting two stud lines going next year. I think we would look pretty stout if we could get a guy like Skinner and be able to ice

Erat-Hanzal-Vrbata
Skinner-Ribeiro-Doan
Domi-Vermette-Boedker
Lessio/Klink-Vitale-Szwarz

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
GTFO:

David Moss
Rob Klinkhammer
David Moss
Tim Kennedy
David Moss
Derek Morris
David Moss
David Schlemko
David Moss
Andy Miele
David Moss
Kyle Chipchura
David Moss

David Moss
David Moss

David Moss
In any future games of Trivial Pursuit, the correct answer to the question, "Who's the only mother****er on the planet with a Dave Moss jersey?" is 'ck26'

:facepalm:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
In any future games of Trivial Pursuit, the correct answer to the question, "Who's the only mother****er on the planet with a Dave Moss jersey?" is 'ck26'

:facepalm:

By this point I honestly feel sillier wearing my Taylor Swift jersey. At least David Moss is an actual player.

(Though hopefully not for the Coyotes ever again.)

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I think Vrbata comes back...probably good for Coyotes this year was not an amazing year for him.

I hope Vrbata doesn't go out to lunch and ask for 4.5M+ from Maloney to resign after his disappearing act (and I hope Maloney doesn't even think about agreeing to that). If someone else offers him that money - thanks for the memories Vrby, and best of luck. But at this moment you are definitely not worth that.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I hope Vrbata doesn't go out to lunch and ask for 4.5M+ from Maloney to resign after his disappearing act (and I hope Maloney doesn't even think about agreeing to that). If someone else offers him that money - thanks for the memories Vrby, and best of luck. But at this moment you are definitely not worth that.

I wouldn't give him more than 4 unless he's willing to take a shorter term deal. But then again last time I said that was with Smith, so Maloney is probably gonna give Vrbata 5x5 :laugh:

Speaking of Smtih, one interesting wrinkle. He goes up to 6m real dollars next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad