2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
It's our turn to win and Ranger's turn to lose. And Jesus I hope Yandle or OEL can get us more than those 2.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
It's our turn to win and Ranger's turn to lose. And Jesus I hope Yandle or OEL can get us more than those 2.

Kreider is a beast of a winger and Duclair is a top 6 player for Team Canada. It's not as far off as it seems. For Yandle, at least.

*The Coyotes are looking to move Yandle and Vermette.. The Yandle price is very high right now because the only teams interested are not offering what the Yotes believe they can get for Yandle from the Red Wings or Leafs at the deadline.... Vermette is on the radar of Boston and Calgary I am told.

Last edited:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Kreider is so far a 2nd liner at best and Duclair is a just picked 3rd rounder. I think Yandle would get us a lot better return than that or re-sign should be the only option.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
might I suggest something, if it's a player being recalled or assigned and a thread hasn't been started but it involves a prospect, kindly put it in the Portland sticky where it'll be seen more quickly, tia....

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
http://www.nicholsonhockey.com/wort...yotes-could-deal-vermette-as-early-as-january

From Pierre LeBrun:

On Vermette
“Because of where they are in the standings, Don Maloney, GM of the Coyotes, has been busy telling a lot of teams that he’s open for business, that he’s going to basically blow this up to some degree.

“Antoine Vermette is probably going to be one of the first notable names out the door, because he’s UFA July 1 and they’re not going to be able to re-sign him. So he’s a nice asset for them to move. Very useful player who can play center and wing, very responsible in his own zone, and has some offensive touch. So he’ll be an interesting piece and it wouldn’t surprise me if he was move sometime in January, as early as that.

On Yandle
Probably the biggest name in play is Keith Yandle. I think people always say, ‘You hear his name every year!’ Well, you did. Except it was never really true in years past. I don’t think Phoenix ever had that much interest in moving him. The difference now is where they are and the fact they have to sort of retool this thing and the fact that he has one year on his deal after this season. You don’t want him to go into next year as a pending UFA because that loses some value as an asset. So I suspect they will really, for the first time, listen to offers on him.â€

It's December 22. I wonder if Vermette is still a Coyote in a month from now, Jan. 22.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
When they say we won't be able to sign vermy, I'd like to know exactly what they mean. Does it mean we can't afford him, or he won't sign here? If it is the former, we are going to suck until this team is moved somewhere else. So tired of being a pathetic team when it comes to keeping/getting solid players.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
When they say we won't be able to sign vermy, I'd like to know exactly what they mean. Does it mean we can't afford him, or he won't sign here? If it is the former, we are going to suck until this team is moved somewhere else. So tired of being a pathetic team when it comes to keeping/getting solid players.

It likely means that he wants to go somewhere with a chance to win a cup rather than deal with a team on the verge of a youth movement. Pretty much what he insinuated at the start of the year.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
It likely means that he wants to go somewhere with a chance to win a cup rather than deal with a team on the verge of a youth movement. Pretty much what he insinuated at the start of the year.

I'm hoping that's the reason. Although that just creates a different kind of issue. How many other guys want to get out of here? Oh, to be a Coyote fan!

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Even if we were a cap team, I'd have a tough time paying Vermette $6 million a year. Everyone here is a big fan of him but that's a damn steep price for a 2C. Let's moneyball it and invest the potential savings in more critically needed areas (the top line). Hopefully we can add a cost-controlled, effective 2C in the meantime.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If Vermette was four or five years younger, I'd happily make him a rich man. He's not.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Yeah they should be working on an extension for Yandle, not a trade. We need to add top end talent, not trade one of the only ones we have.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Yandle actually plays with passion. I'd keep him. Trade the ones that don't. And fire the coach. And the GM.

As much as I agree, it's easier to find someone to play with passion and lead a locker room Said player doesn't have to be an elite talent; Callahan being a great example. Watching Yandle jump on Sestito tonight almost made me not reply to this. But I see a leader in Domi, OEL, and even Hank. If we were to draft a McEichel you better believe they would soon become a captain.

I love Yandle. I love his passion for the team and the game. He is a top 15 defenseman in the league. OEL is quickly getting there too, if not there already. It sounds great to have two top defensemen, but those two can't even reach their peak if we don't have any forwards to elevate their games.

If we can get a solid 2C, a B+ / -A prospect and a 2nd for Yandle I take that.

Couturie, Gostisbehere and a 2nd would do it for me.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I hope we don't have to wait too long for GMDM to start making trades. There is NO hope for this roster. Start the rebuild NOW.

I really bet GMDM would take a mulligan on that Smith signing. Maybe the WORST contract in the league :cry:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
As much as I agree, it's easier to find someone to play with passion and lead a locker room Said player doesn't have to be an elite talent; Callahan being a great example. Watching Yandle jump on Sestito tonight almost made me not reply to this. But I see a leader in Domi, OEL, and even Hank. If we were to draft a McEichel you better believe they would soon become a captain.

I love Yandle. I love his passion for the team and the game. He is a top 15 defenseman in the league. OEL is quickly getting there too, if not there already. It sounds great to have two top defensemen, but those two can't even reach their peak if we don't have any forwards to elevate their games.

If we can get a solid 2C, a B+ / -A prospect and a 2nd for Yandle I take that.

Couturie, Gostisbehere and a 2nd would do it for me.

That's all true. No doubt. Still, it'd be pretty rad to have all of Yandle, OEL and McJesus. Haha.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Maybe the WORST contract in the league :cry:

David Clarkson, Vinny Lecavalier, Nathan Horton, Alex Semin, Stephen Weiss, Ryane Clowe... That's not including the guys who have that even worse recapture penalty.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
David Clarkson, Vinny Lecavalier, Nathan Horton, Alex Semin, Stephen Weiss, Ryane Clowe... That's not including the guys who have that even worse recapture penalty.

Weiss is worth his money this year and Horton is on IR. Semin is a forward. The rest can afford to have a bad contract. This team can't. It's easily the worst in the league, because Smith has shown zero promise at getting back to his normal level. He's a goalie, not injured, old, NMC (and wants to stay), and on a team that shouldn't be buying him out.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Weiss is worth his money this year and Horton is on IR. Semin is a forward. The rest can afford to have a bad contract. This team can't. It's easily the worst in the league, because Smith has shown zero promise at getting back to his normal level. He's a goalie, not injured, old, NMC (and wants to stay), and on a team that shouldn't be buying him out.

The shorter terms with the lower cash value are more appealing. We could probably unload half of those if we retain 50% which is way cheaper than buying out Smith in most cases.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
None of those teams needs a goalie. I guess Buffalo could take him if they somehow lose both goalies to UFA and there's retention. Maybe. Not at the rate he is playing.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
My only defense for the Smith contract is that goalies fluctuate much more than other positions. He looked awful tonight and if his play stays at that level it absolutely will be the worst contract in the league.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
The Yotes are not a team that can afford to have bad signings like Ribero and Smith and yet now we are stuck by those bad decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad