2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
He has 3 years left. They would probably want someone for the their 2C as part of the deal so you'd be looking at Hanzal or Vermette plus whatever else they deem appropriate.

Yeah would probably have to pass on that. Unless Vermette straight or Vermette and a later pick would do it and then grab Ott for the 3c spot. But that doesn't seem worth it.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
It's hard to find Vrbata, too, during long stretches of a season. :sarcasm:

Playing with Tim Kennedy or Rob Klinkhammer most of the year didn't help either. If we keep him around, we're going to have to find a left winger that's not complete garbage to play with him and Hanzal.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
Would Stone for Tatar even be an option? Stone and Korpi for Tatar?

I hope so.

Stone is definitely someone of interest to Det, since they are looking for a RHD with physicality, as well as a smidge of offensive acumen. Stone would be a relatively low cost option that they should be looking for.

TBL is the other team that have always had a lot of interest in Stone. It would have been very nice had we made a swap based on Stone and Palat a year ago.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Being truthfully honest here, Both Nyquist and Mantha are off the table. The deal that I would most likely could see happening would be Jurco plus one of either Abdelkader and or Helm plus the 15th overall And I see phoenix shooting down that offer in a heartbeat. This piece is coming from Helene St James who is a beat writer for the Detroit Free Press usually what she says I take with a grain of salt. I know in the past Detroit has had tons of Interest in Keith Yandle. I just dont see Ken Holland giving up the pieces that it would take to get Yandle. Ansar Khan who is a beat writer for Michigan Live now if he had said this I would say that it would have alot more validity.

Me personally, if Yandle is going to Detroit, I want part of the package to include Mantha. Abdelkader and Helm don't interest me at all.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
We really, really need an update on Vrbata and/or replacement for him.

This is getting really close for comfort.

The dominos start falling Friday (during the draft), then continue on through Free Agency starting July 1. By July 4 Vrby will have a new deal and given it's his last chance at a big contract, the weak FA class and GMDM/Tip desire to change the chemistry IMHO it very likely won't be here.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Playing with Tim Kennedy or Rob Klinkhammer most of the year didn't help either. If we keep him around, we're going to have to find a left winger that's not complete garbage to play with him and Hanzal.

Yup. The Yandle/Vrbata witch hunt going around here is just plain stupid.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Dealing Yandle to Detroit for a package of young guys, beneficial in itself, also frees up about $3 million in spending money. Moneypucking to follow...

Nyquist (1.05) - Ribeiro (5.5) - Vanek (7)
Domi (.925) - Vermette (3.75) - Boedker (2.8)
Abdelkader (2) - Hanzal (3.25) - Doan (5.05)
McMillan (.745) - Ott (3) - Erat (2.25)

OEL (4) - Michalek (4)
Gormley (.81) - W. Mitchell (2)
Summers (.575) - Stone (1.2)
Schlemko (1.275) - Murphy (.833)

Smith (6)
C. Johnson (.6)

Comes out to $59.246M. We don't re-sign Vrbata, Moss, Halpern, Biz, Mo, and Greiss, and move Korpi, Chip, and Klink for picks, with cash coming back. I don't really like ditching Erat on the fourth line, but there was no other space. Plus he can do more than score.

If you don't like Vanek, and want more cap space, sub in someone like Hemsky, Milan Michalek, or even Vrbata. Vitale for Ott to save more cash. I'm more interested in Montoya than Johnson, so he's workable if we save money elsewhere.

Anyone else willing to bite on Willie Mitchell (albeit for about half his current salary)? Not sure of his status with the Kings going forward, but his style of play is what our blueline has been missing.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Me personally, if Yandle is going to Detroit, I want part of the package to include Mantha. Abdelkader and Helm don't interest me at all.

Yeah that's why a Yandle to Detroit deal will never happen, Because Phoenix will want either Nyquist and or Mantha and there just not going to be moved not even for Yandle who would really thrive in Detroit.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah that's why a Yandle to Detroit deal will never happen, Because Phoenix will want either Nyquist and or Mantha and there just not going to be moved not even for Yandle who would really thrive in Detroit.

Come on now. You guys have won enough, even at our expense. It's our turn.:help:

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
The dominos start falling Friday (during the draft), then continue on through Free Agency starting July 1. By July 4 Vrby will have a new deal and given it's his last chance at a big contract, the weak FA class and GMDM/Tip desire to change the chemistry IMHO it very likely won't be here.

Then I think we ought to be hoping that GMDM is making a big play for Hemsky.

He is probably the best bet to replace the qualities that Vrby brought to the table.

After that, who knows, Setoguchi? M.Michalek is a huge risk health wise, and guys like Moulson would likely be priced out of our range, and don't fit our system anyways.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Not really roster talk but I'll just drop this here:

Chris Wojcik @Chris_Wojcik · 28m

#Coyotes Antoine Vermette was 14th in the Selke Trophy Voting.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
We have discuss about getting a RH 4th line center that's good on faceoffs, but the Coyotes already have one, it's just expected that he starts the season in Portland. It's not about where Henrik Samuelsson starts off the season, but if he can contribute later on and be effective when the Coyotes make the playoffs. And I'm not advocating not getting a 4th line center. I do have high hopes for Henrik and think he will make the Coyotes roster sooner than most expect.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
We have discuss about getting a RH 4th line center that's good on faceoffs, but the Coyotes already have one, it's just expected that he starts the season in Portland. It's not about where Henrik Samuelsson starts off the season, but if he can contribute later on and be effective when the Coyotes make the playoffs. And I'm not advocating not getting a 4th line center. I do have high hopes for Henrik and think he will make the Coyotes roster sooner than most expect.

I'd rather he spend the year in Portland, ideally so would Domi but that doesn't look plausible at this point because he's not eligible.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Then I think we ought to be hoping that GMDM is making a big play for Hemsky.

He is probably the best bet to replace the qualities that Vrby brought to the table.
Why do you keep repeating this?! I don't know how you're coming to this conclusion. Vrbata is an opportunistic shooter who rarely passes and Hemsky is an opportunistic passer who rarely shoots. They couldn't be much different players! Hell if anything Hemsky is the perfect compliment to Vrbata, not a replacement.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
I'd rather he spend the year in Portland, ideally so would Domi but that doesn't look plausible at this point because he's not eligible.
I just don't feel that he needs a whole year. He is already physically and mentally mature enough. He has a good understanding of the NHL game and what he has to do to be successful. The one thing I would like him to do, if management thinks they will eventually be paired together, is give him a lot of playing time with Lessio in Portland to start the season. At some point during the season, I can see both playing on the 4th line in AZ. I also believe at that time they would benefit more from playing 4th line minutes in the NHL than 1st line minutes in the 'A'. And with Hanzal and Vermette, they wouldn't need to be the typical one dimentional 4th line and that also depends on the supporting cast for Hanzal and Vermette.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Why do you keep repeating this?! I don't know how you're coming to this conclusion. Vrbata is an opportunistic shooter who rarely passes and Hemsky is an opportunistic passer who rarely shoots. They couldn't be much different players! Hell if anything Hemsky is the perfect compliment to Vrbata, not a replacement.

Yes.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

Pair Domi with Hemsky and Boedker with Ribiero. Put Doan with Vermette, Korpi with Hanzal. Tippet likes twosomes, not threesomes. Old fashioned that way:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad