2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Who plays with Yandle?

Stone seemed to finally get the hang of being Yandle's partner in our Top 4 near the end of the season, might as well continue giving him the opportunity.

And if Tippett didn't have qualms putting Klesla and Schlemko as Yandle's partner on occasion, he shouldn't have an issue using Summers in that role either.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
On a team already chock full of left-handed puck movers who aren't really physical, Schlemko absolutely offers nothing over Stone, Murphy, and Summers. And we just resigned Summers for league minimum over two years.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net

I see different numbers from capgeek's archive for 2013-14 season
$64,300,000 cap hit
$62,330,583 estimated spending
and that's with Klesla and Rundblad - $2,670,590- (vs call ups for this season)
So I have no idea where Morgan got his numbers...

Kevin Hayes isn't going to the 'Hawks camp this year. Probably UFA on Aug 15th. It is a long shot...

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Boggles me that Schlemko is still being auto-penciled into our roster. :help: 1.3M right there being tied up for a 7th D who has no business getting minutes over Gormley or Summers as our 3LD.

I know I'm about the only one that likes Schlemko on these boards, but he is a proven good third and sometimes second pairing Dman. Gormley and Summers have not proven themselves yet, but I do expect Schlemko will be traded in a package because of his great contract.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I know I'm about the only one that likes Schlemko on these boards, but he is a proven good third and sometimes second pairing Dman. Gormley and Summers have not proven themselves yet, but I do expect Schlemko will be traded in a package because of his great contract.

Tip obviously likes Schlemko too, because when he has been healthy, he plays and is not usually healthy scratched. I do think one of Summers/Schlemko/Murpphy/Stone are likely to be moved in a package. Gormley is the least likely as he has the most upside.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
The issues with Schlemko is not that he's bad, the issue is he's very likely hit his peak upside, whereas Summers, Murphy, and Gormley all have more upside, and therefore need ice time to develop said upside.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I'd hate to give up Gormley but I'd trade Gormley for Kane. We'd probably have to hive up a 2nd as well. But Kane would be great add. Given that we've got Summers to take his spot

cobra427

May 6, 2012
The issues with Schlemko is not that he's bad, the issue is he's very likely hit his peak upside, whereas Summers, Murphy, and Gormley all have more upside, and therefore need ice time to develop said upside.

I disagree and think Schlemko has more upside. D men tend to peek when they are a bit older, Schlemko needs to stay healthy, and have a set pairing for a year or so, then we will see. I do think Gormley and Murphy have more upside, not so sure about Summers though.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I disagree and think Schlemko has more upside. D men tend to peek when they are a bit older, Schlemko needs to stay healthy, and have a set pairing for a year or so, then we will see. I do think Gormley and Murphy have more upside, not so sure about Summers though.

Yes and no. The remaining three outside of Schlemko were all 1st round picks. I'd argue that Schlemko's upside has probably come close to peaking, since he has gone from undrafted to CHL to AHL to NHL. I think we could argue that he may have been the guy to step into Yandle's minutes on the second line if an injury were to occur, but nothing more than that. While he doesn't have set pairing, he has only played in about 60% of games in a season - part injury and part b/c he is that 5/6/7 d-man that you can still afford to sit.

Summers has also probably peaked in upside - but he is also less offensive and more defensive presence, so not as much upside to gain from the stats side of things.

I think we sit back and assess where we are at during the year with trade deadline. Would not surprise me to see the following forwards get at least 5 games with the team before the deadline:

Domi
Reider
Samuelsson
Lessio
Szwarz
Gaudet

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Since I doubt we grab anyone else from free agency here is my shot at a roster minus any trades that dont involve dump in Klink/Chip for some low picks.

Doan-Ganger-Boeds
Domi-Hanzal-Erat
Lessio-Vermette-Korpi
McMillian-Vitale-Cormbeen
Chip

Oel-Z
Yandle-Stone
Gormely-Summers
Schlemko/Murphey

I feel like Im missing a forward.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Since I doubt we grab anyone else from free agency here is my shot at a roster minus any trades that dont involve dump in Klink/Chip for some low picks.

Doan-Ganger-Boeds
Domi-Hanzal-Erat
Lessio-Vermette-Korpi
McMillian-Vitale-Cormbeen
Chip

Oel-Z
Yandle-Stone
Gormely-Summers
Schlemko/Murphey

I feel like Im missing a forward.
You forgot the Colonel.
Ott still hasn't signed, wouldn't want him except for close to 1/2 what he made last season.
I think we'll eventually trade for a LW.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Ott just reupped with St. Louis.

On the brighter side, Dave Moss just signed in Switzerland.

Quite possibly our best FA signing this offseason. Of course now it sounds like we all may be thanking him for scoring in the last game of the season and landing us the 12th pick instead of the 11th.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Haha he really signed in Switzerland? Figured he'd get an Nhl contract at least.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Wouldn't have mattered...according to Donny we would have taken Perlini with the 10th pick had we been there, as we apparently had him ranked 8th.

Who is to say what 3 other kids they didn't like as much, my guess is Fiala and Fleury for sure, but then they didn't like one of the other players that went ahead of Perlini.

And I'm guessing they liked the top 5 (pretty standard) so they didn't like one of:
Virtanen, Nylander, Ehlers or Ritchie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad