Line Combos: 2014-2015 Combinations

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan
Really both Cleary and Abdelkader on the top line, I guess no love for Datsyuk this year.

I didn't say I wanted this. It is the lineup I can see Babs throwing out their with our current roster. For some reason he believes Cleary and Abdelkader are capable linemates for Datsyuk and continues to load up Zetterbergs wingers when he is playing center.

Datsyuk is my favorite wing. In his younger days he could have possibly made that a competent line. During what is likely his last contract there is no way he can carry Cleary and Abdelkader on that line and make them ~20g wingers which is what you would need on a top1/1a line. Neither of them have the hockey sense or physical abilities to get Datsyuk the puck when he needs it. I have more faith in Abdelkader because he can at least skate and occasionally shows flashes of brilliance (Hat trick game, specifically that power move to the net), but Cleary is a shell of his self and constantly rags the puck into the boards, tries to turn around and then loses the puck. Despicable. :help:

I don't get the need to load up Zetterberg's line because he is capable of just as much as Datsyuk in my opinion, but it will continue to be done. Zetterberg Nyquist and Franzen have shown obvious chemistry so it will be hard to break that line up when all are healthy.

The kid line should stay together or Jurco should be one of Datsyuk's wingers. I think Jurco has the hands that can really complement Datsyuk. Jurco also seems to be able to do all things decent enough. He can crash the net, dig out of the boards, play a finesse game etc. I think this would be a great option for Datsyuk because they can adapt based on the opponent.

Sorry for the long rant...this whole Cleary thing is getting on my last nerve. I pray the coaches/management come to their senses let competition instead of loyalty decide if he is on the roster or not. I won't be holding my breath though.

Last edited:

Brandel*

Not sure if this is the place for this but it's certainly encouraging news

Brad Galli @BradGalli · 55m
Mike Babcock told Ryan and Rico on 105.1 Henrik Zetterberg feels as good as he has since 2008.

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
Tomáš Jurčo for slovak sport news: "They [Holland & Babcock] told me, that they are satisfied with my season and they hope, that I can win spot in the roster right from the beginning of the season".

we'll see...

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Tomáš Jurčo for slovak sport news: "They [Holland & Babcock] told me, that they are satisfied with my season and they hope, that I can win spot in the roster right from the beginning of the season".

we'll see...

Complete BS by them.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013

we'll see...

They told Mantha that as well. They probably told Pulkkinen he has a shot to.

Reality is that they will all be in GR at the start because the tie goes to the veteran

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

we'll see...
Andersson could be waived or Alfredsson not signed, both scenarios leave an opening for Jurco. Hope he has a good camp to make it a tough decision for Holland.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
They told Mantha that as well. They probably told Pulkkinen he has a shot to.

Reality is that they will all be in GR at the start because the tie goes to the veteran

I would honestly feel insulted if I were them

the organization is straight up lying to these guys and if I were them I would feel like they thought I was an idiot or something if they told me those things at this point

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Well if we waive Cleary, Andersson, and dont sign Alfreddson, they may just all be up.

One things for sure, they better show up to training camp and do their absolute best if they want a spot.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Well if we waive Cleary, Andersson, and dont sign Alfreddson, they may just all be up.

One things for sure, they better show up to training camp and do their absolute best if they want a spot.

and if I magically grow wings I may be able to fly :laugh:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

I hope you're being sarcastic, Because Ken Holland does'nt just sign players so they can be waived. Hence Cleary I could see Andersson AKA Joker possibly being waived. With all the centers that we have Andersson is the most expendable one he has one year left and I seriously doubt that he would be resigned.:help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad