Speculation: 2014-2015 Captaincy

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Ok Landy with C
Who leads on ice ?
They get A's
I don't know if it's tangs and EJ or duchy and iggy but we are not short on leaders... Even Ror if he does the long term contract could be an A...

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
Just wondering, if we lose McLeod, who will be the longest serving Av? I can't remember anyone from before the 09 draft (Duchene, O'Reilly, Barrie, Elliot).

Could it... could it be Ryan Wilson? :laugh:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

What's documented in that article is nothing more than speculation that it "hurt" him that he wasn't offered the Captaincy. The direct quote is:

Many who know O'Reilly believe he was hurt when the Avs didn't offer him the captaincy last summer, that he thought he was going to get it. Did the Avs withhold the "C" when the contract talks didn't go the way they wanted with O'Reilly? Some believe this issue contributed to things deteriorating.

I'm sorry but I read that and all I see is the same speculative crap that Dater gets criticized for around here all the time.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
interesting list of the C's here

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/COL/captains.html

Never realized they actually took away the C from Sakic for two years. wow.

It wasn't taken away from him.

He was a co-captain and fully got captaincy in 1992-93.

... back then Sakic was a Young player in a struggling franchise .To take some of the pressure away from Sakic's shoulders, they came up with the idea of having co-captains . Sakic was the captain for the home games , Steven Finn and Mike Hough for the road games.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
... back then Sakic was a Young player in a struggling franchise .To take some of the pressure away from Sakic's shoulders, they came up with the idea of having co-captains . Sakic was the captain for the home games , Steven Finn and Mike Hough for the road games.

Thank you for that nugget of knowledge, I didn't know that reasoning. :handclap:

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
... because he is an abhorrent NHL player :)help:send him to Lake Erie). I give him 5 golden stars for effort, but he has never been skilled and in my opinion he is noticeably slowing down

Mr. Stack, you seem to agree that he may not even be in the lineup!!! Is it a common occurrence for 4th liners/scratches to wear letters on their jerseys? Obviously a rhetorical question, the answer is no. I am very thankful for his service and effort and contribution, but knowing your role in the team is just as important. He won't play a significant enough role in the team to warrant an A, and I don't think character is reason enough with other options available.

My Vote:
Lando
Duchene
EJ/Tanguay (if tanguay really did have it last year, I don't recall)

One must also think about how the responsibility of the A may augment the development and maturation of younger players.

Isn't "Mr. Stack" an Avs insider? I would imagine that he has much better knowledge of the team and the dynamics of that locker room than any of us do. If he says that McLeod runs that locker room, I believe him.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Tanguay and Stastny had the A's last year, McLeod picked it up after Tanguay went down. I don't think he wore it in his short return back to the lineup after the injury though.

I may be completely miss remembering, but I thought Tanguay, EJ, Stastny, and Mcleod were rotating the A between home and away games at the beginning of last year.

probably during McLeod's suspension

That would be my guess as well. Tanguay probably wore it for the brief stint McLeod was suspended.

Tangs isn't wearing an A in any of his goal highlights last year, and they included both home and away games.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlp=8467338&lang=en

Cody on the other hand is wearing an A in all his goal highlights.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlp=8471657&lang=en

Also looking at the game highlights from the first home game and the first away game, Staz and Mack are both wearing the A's.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
My ideal scenario would be C Landeskog A Iginla A Tanguay, great leadership all around.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That would be my guess as well. Tanguay probably wore it for the brief stint McLeod was suspended.

Tangs isn't wearing an A in any of his goal highlights last year, and they included both home and away games.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlp=8467338&lang=en

Cody on the other hand is wearing an A in all his goal highlights.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlp=8471657&lang=en

Also looking at the game highlights from the first home game and the first away game, Staz and Mack are both wearing the A's.

Actually, after watching the game highlights of the games Cody was suspended, Tanguay's not wearing the A there either. I have a feeling that picture might be from pre-season.

BTW, watching the Avs highlights really made me miss watching them already. It's gonna be a long summer.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
C Landeskog (maybe he pulls a Sakic and offers his C to Iggy, but Iggy like Bourque won't take it)

A McLeod

A Iginla

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
What's documented in that article is nothing more than speculation that it "hurt" him that he wasn't offered the Captaincy. The direct quote is:

I'm sorry but I read that and all I see is the same speculative crap that Dater gets criticized for around here all the time.

So everything that Dater says is ludicrous, because we've used him as a source on a lot of info around here - no questions asked sometimes. I was just quoting the guy and yeah it's speculation, but I didn't just craft up the ROR being hurt thing out of my own mind.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
alex_tanguay_5_large.jpg

Tanguay and Stastny had the A's last year, McLeod picked it up after Tanguay went down. I don't think he wore it in his short return back to the lineup after the injury though.

I may be completely miss remembering, but I thought Tanguay, EJ, Stastny, and Mcleod were rotating the A between home and away games at the beginning of last year.

Yeah this must be pre-season. Sarich had one at the same time.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00