Speculation: 2014-2015 Captaincy

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So we just experienced a crazy day, but I want lots more to talk about this week at work so let's get more discussion going. With Stastny moving on an A will be opened up to another player. Some people have also speculated that Highlander may not have a letter next year which would leave 2 open next year. So who do you think will be wearing the letters next year. Obviously Landy will keep his C (unless Adrian Dater takes over) but who will wear the A's?

I predict EJ and Duchene.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Duchene and EJ is probably the best guess. I don't like giving it to new (old) guys just because of their seniority. I liked how Stastny and McLeod had them because of their tenure on the team. Maybe O'Reilly if the saga resolves itself in a sane manner.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Definitely think EJ gets one. This may be the first time in his career he is ready too. I think Roy may give one to a veteran like Iginla, Tanguay, or Talbot.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Iginla will get one, I can pretty much guarantee that.

The other "A", if not McLeod's, will go to Briere or EJ first, and then Tanguay or Duchene as secondary tier options.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
EJ will get stastny's and if McLeod loses his A(think very likely) think tanguay/Duchene/o'reilly(if he doesn't hold out) are on the short list to get the other

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
It seems like the lack of maturity people associated with Duchene has gone away. He seems very poised and mature in his interviews and also appears to be a leader. Every shootout for example he chats with the shooters and Varly to give some hints. He seems to really have matured. Add that to the fact that he's hands down the best player on the team I think he deserves a letter. Burnaby Joe wasn't very vocal but he lead by example on the ice. Dutchy certainly does that part well.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Provided he is in the lineup, why in the world would McLeod be stripped of an A and where does this speculation come from?

Do you guys even hockey, bros

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Iggy will get an A
McLeod will either keep it or rotate it with Talbot/EJ.

ChrisNI

Sep 29, 2008
Orillia
I would say Iggy is a lock for an A depending on how he gets on with everyone in the locker room! The guy would do anything for his team mates and having a C for so long in Calgary has to stand for something!
As long as he can continue that and be a strong veteran leadership presence he'll do well with an A.

Other than that either Talbot or EJ.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Provided he is in the lineup, why in the world would McLeod be stripped of an A and where does this speculation come from?

Do you guys even hockey, bros

Avs has had a history of switching those A's around pretty good. EJ wore one a few years ago. Haven't they basically handed out new A's every season?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Avs has had a history of switching those A's around pretty good. EJ wore one a few years ago. Haven't they basically handed out new A's every season?
No, EJ had an "A" when they were rotating them because they didn't have a captain at that point. When Hejduk was named, the rotating stopped. It's been consistently Stastny and McLeod since then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad