2014-2015 Blues Prospects

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
nice thanks for posting. I see a future Norris candidate in #72 for Kitchener

Yeah man! He looks awesome! :handclap:

#17 for the Storm is benefiting in a big way from Fabbri's playmaking. Thankfully Detroit is in the Eastern Conference because Tyler Bertuzzi (Todd's nephew) will break into the NHL in 2-3 years.

Nice to watch Fabbri and Bertuzzi work together. The Stallion Line!

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Seriously? He definitely had an edge to his game and wasnt afraid to mix it up in the crease when he was last called up.

Well...he is a defenseman after all and is supposed to be able to apply some physical pressure. That he has shown some physical ability is not surprising. It is not his game, however. He has size, but is most definitely an offense-first kind of d-man. I have no clue how he was with his team in the SM-Liiga, but, according to his stats, he does not appear to have been offense-minded. With the Chicago Wolves, however, he has turned on his offense and always seems to be looking up and ahead and almost always has his eyes looking forward.

His problem, imo, is puck control, responsibility with the puck, being a little more focused on the puck and not trying to see past the defender so much. I love his vision, but he needs to be more calm with puck in tight quarters.

Honestly, I like Jake Chelios and I hope the Blues sign him before the Blackhawks or Red Wings do.

Hey CB,

How has McRae looked? After a slow start it seems like he is finding a way to put up points on a nightly basis.

He looked like a lost pylon in the first few games. Out there all alone on the highway. Run over and left by the night crew. He quickly removed himself from roadkill status to 3rd-line NHL-hopeful. As mentioned in an earlier post, he makes a couple mistakes here and there, but plays a mostly-intelligent game. Maybe a bit robotic in the way that he seems to almost always be in the right place at the right time, but doesn't always know what to do once he is there or when he receives the puck. He has gotten so much better than when he first turned pro because it seems as if the training has really caught on with him. Really good fundamentals. On the downside, I don't think he is very smart. We also should keep in mind, that McRae played 15 games for the Blues a few years ago, so the boy knows what's up.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
CB, I have been watching some of the clips as well and see your point with Lindbohm. I wonder if like Ian Cole...they are asking him to do more for his game at the AHL level than what they expect of him at the NHL. To some extent, I thought that was a big mistake in Cole's development. At the AHL level, they ask a far more offensive role and #1 role of Cole other than what the Blues intended his game to be at the NHL level. Or they would just like him to exert himself more offensively and for him it is a bit of a forced effort and not a natural one. He is a simple stay at home shut down guy at heart as that was his role on Team Finland.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Now that is interesting Perry! I was wondering the exact same thing. He has fired 41 shots already - 8 more than McRae - and has 4 games of 4 shots or more and another 3 games with 3 shots each. I am confused by him and am wondering what the Blues see in him and for his future. I don't much care for his offensive role on the Wolves because they really don't need him to be. The Wolves have Regner who is quite capable of putting up points and Brodeur has an extremely nice outlet pass. I like his game a lot. Also, as mentioned, Jake Chelios is very good and Shields can pinch with the best of them.

I wonder how much of Lindbohm's problem is the Blues chirping the wrong stuff in his ears or if the conversation with himself is leading him astray. If he was a stay-at-home guy in the SM-Liiga, then you would not know it by his Wolves career thus far.

Last edited:

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Hey, has anyone seen how MacEachern has been playing? On Hockeydb it says he has 9 points in 11 games, and that seems pretty good in college hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad