Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
2 assists for Tony tonight already

animated_chess.gif

Just DeAngelo being DeAngelo

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Do Bolts fans expect this kid to compete for a spot next year or is there more seasoning here and more time in junior and then the AHL?

Thanks guys!

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
scary his offensive ability but i want him and slater in ahl next year and erne doubt it happens for any of them long all three are flat out studs one thing is cooper brings rookies in so injury calls up etc.. he will still get limited at least through next year

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
scary his offensive ability but i want him and slater in ahl next year and erne doubt it happens for any of them long all three are flat out studs one thing is cooper brings rookies in so injury calls up etc.. he will still get limited at least through next year

depends do you think they move matt carle out this summer and clear some cap room ? then have slater play that 5th defenseman role next year ? or if they keep carle then slater stays down another year.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
depends do you think they move matt carle out this summer and clear some cap room ? then have slater play that 5th defenseman role next year ? or if they keep carle then slater stays down another year.

I agree with Robert on this one. Cap space isn't a big deal for next season. Keep Carle next year, let the kids develop in Syracuse (hopefully) and then see what you can do to move him out. If this season has taught us anything, it's that you can't have to much established defensive depth.

Klutch86

Dec 27, 2014
@OHLHockey: Congrats @TBLightning prospect @TonyDee07 @OHLHoundPower 2014-15 #OHL Defenceman of the Year

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
@OHLHockey: Congrats @TBLightning prospect @TonyDee07 @OHLHoundPower 2014-15 #OHL Defenceman of the Year
Great accomplishment! Congrats to DeAngelo.

Proving everybody that laughed at Yzerman's pick wrong. I don't forget those that laughed when we picked him so early. I was a little curious about it at the time, admittedly, but I knew that he was a good offensive defenseman, and I trusted in our scouting staff a lot more than TSN ranks. :laugh:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Great accomplishment! Congrats to DeAngelo.

Proving everybody that laughed at Yzerman's pick wrong. I don't forget those that laughed when we picked him so early. I was a little curious about it at the time, admittedly, but I knew that he was a good offensive defenseman, and I trusted in our scouting staff a lot more than TSN ranks. :laugh:

No one ever really questioned the kid's talent or potential. He's a terrific offensive dman. Parts of his skill set are elite, and that was never in doubt. The questions were and still are about his attitude, personality, and character.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.saultstar.com/2015/05/06/hounds-rearguard-played-with-separated-shoulder
Anthony DeAngelo played the last three games of the Soo Greyhounds Western Conference final with the Erie Otters with a separated right shoulder.
On Apr. 24, early in Game 2 of a series the Otters would eventually win in six games, DeAngelo absorbed a hit from Erie defenceman Travis Dermott.

He left the ice with what appeared to be an injury to either his shoulder or wrist.

The Sewell, N.J., native, who now calls Philadelphia home, returned to the ice, but was unable to complete the third period.

“He wanted to continue playing,” said Rotenberg, who spoke of how DeAngelo was diagnosed after the game with a Grade 2 separation.

What that means is the Hounds rearguard suffered a partial tear to a group of ligaments holding two bones, the scapula and the clavicle, together.

“He tried to keep playing in Game 2 but he couldn't due to the pain and the lack of strength he had,” Rotenberg added.
Rotenberg said the five-foot-11, 180-pounder attended the morning skate before Game 3 intending to play that night.

“But he didn't have a realistic view of what he'd be capable of doing,” the team's physiotherapist explained.

DeAngelo didn't skate in warmups that night and missed the game.

But, wearing a brace and with the area heavily taped, DeAngelo returned for Game 4 on Apr. 28.

Yet he appeared limited in what he could do.

Rotenberg described the injury as “really, really painful,” saying there isn't much a player can do “without feeling a lot of pain.”

On Wednesday, for the first time since suffering the injury, DeAngelo admitted: “It definitely hurt.”

Asked what DeAngelo was given to numb the pain, Rotenberg said anti-inflammatories.

Asked about DeAngelo's status as he played in Games 4-6, Rotenberg said he believes the player performed at “60%” efficiency.

“If it was the regular season, he would have been out at least two weeks,” Rotenberg added. “He struggled with shooting, passing the puck across his body and putting force onto the ice through his stick.”

“I wasn't 100%,” DeAngelo said. “But I knew I could contribute and I wanted to play for my teammates.”

Though DeAngelo's play was obviously limited, Rotenberg also spoke of how impressed he was by how quickly the player recovered following the injury and how determined he was, while coming in for therapy two or three times each day.

“He put the work in necessary to put himself into a position to play,” said Rotenberg, who was also dazzled by the player's high pain threshold. “He tried to give the team his best and I have a lot of respect for him. He's very competitive and won't settle for anything but the best.”

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Kid has fire. I can't wait to see him in camp next season. He's got the skills to make the team.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Defenseman of the year, it's a little different :laugh:

Sorry, still hungover from last night.:thumbu:

However, 89 freaking points at D!?!?! This kid will be up here by the time Stralman's contract is up or when we get sick of Carle screwing up. :D

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
I agree with Robert on this one. Cap space isn't a big deal for next season. Keep Carle next year, let the kids develop in Syracuse (hopefully) and then see what you can do to move him out. If this season has taught us anything, it's that you can't have to much established defensive depth.
Carle is trash. If he's on the team next year, we will have big problems.

Every game Carle is wearing a Bolt's sweater is a slap in the face to every good Lightning player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Klutch86

Dec 27, 2014
@RossyYoungblood: Joseph Blandisi (#NJDevils) and Anthony DeAngelo (#Lightning)/Max Domi (#Coyotes) placed 2nd and 3rd respectively in Red Tilson voting.

McDavid Won & The Red Tilson Trophy is an annual award given to the most outstanding player in the Ontario Hockey League.

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
How's DeAngelo looking so far in the AHL ? Is he better on defense and what kind of ceiling do you think he got for the near futur,does he have a chance to crack the line up next year ?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
How's DeAngelo looking so far in the AHL ? Is he better on defense and what kind of ceiling do you think he got for the near futur,does he have a chance to crack the line up next year ?

There have definitely been some hiccups.

According to more than one regular Crunch-watcher, his defense hasn't come along nearly as well as we'd hoped. There've also been a few mysterious healthy scratches.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
hes a defender scoring at a 0.6 pace i think has been scratched at times think 3-4 times to get him to play better defense etc.. but the offense is nice to see for his age in this league at least to me

i see us slowly bringing him along top end might one day be an all star and a player of dan boyles level but will take him time does play hard etc.. can be stupid and upset but that with maturity will solve some problems we hope

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad