Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Milo-Zib-Ryan
Mac-Turris-Chiasson
Smith-Legwand-Stone
Greening-Lazar-Neil/Condra

I'd rather not rush Lazar, though he can earn himself a 9 game tryout with a good training camp.

If I had my way, the lineup would look like this pending players meeting expectations at training camp.

Mac-Turris-Stone/Ryan
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan/Stone
Milo-Legwand-Chiasson
Smith-Pageau-Condra

Greening/Neil as extras; Neil in for Condra when more toughness is needed, Greening in for Pageau (Smith back to center) if Pageau isn't getting it done.

I'd start with Stone on the Turris line to see if we can get last years chemistry and prop up the 2nd line a bit. The way I see it, we have a potential for 3 good to great 2nd lines, and a solid 4th line.

For the Defense I'd start off with the following;

Cowen-Karlsson
Wierchioch-Methot
Phillips/Boroweicki-Ceci

Gryba subs in if either Ceci or Wiercioch struggle
*Swap Wiercioch and Cowen when down a goal, if there's chemistry run with it full time.

This setup gives us 3 lines that are good 2-way potential scoring threats, and a 4th line that can be used to help shutdown opponent's top lines. Each D pair had a good puck mover and someone who is supposed to be good defensively (hoping for a bounce back by Cowen, and for Phillips to do better in a reduced role).

The downside is relying on Methot to carry the defensive aspect of a pair from his off-side, and no true shutdown D pair, but I think the forward group can mitigate that.

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
MIchalek - Zibanejad - Ryan
Hoffman - Legwand Chiasson
Greening - Smith - Condra
Puempel - Pageau - Neil

Cowen - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Wiercioch - Gryba
Phillips - Borowiecki

I like this lineup. Lots of youth and surprisingly good depth.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Definentely agree, though where did you hear this? I missed it, though it sounds awesome that Mac wants to get Smith more opportunities outside of GSN. It wasn't too long ago when most people thought very highly of Smith. And it's been repeated many times over the years that Smith is actually pretty damn skilled, though he doesn't translate that over to games enough.

I could see Milan flanking Zib to provide that vet presence, and they've shown some good chemistry before. Smith-Legwand-Chiasson/Stone could be a very good two-way line.

Zack Smith gave an interview recently and said as such. I saw a writeup over on the 6th sens about it. I love his game. He has skill and grit and if he was plaing with some other skiled guy, he would be show so much more. When Bobby Ryan came over he singled out Zack Smith as the most impressive guy to him. Bobby though his skating was amazing.

Last edited:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I wouldn't be shocked if Stone started in the minors, this team is good with developing players, but when it comes to graduating a young guy, and retiring a vet they are horrible.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Funny thing is, I was just about to start a thread on who wins out in the Stone vs. Chiasson battle but I cant make a poll on my phone.

M4TR1X

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Lazar hasn't proved himself yet so I am not going to go ahead and mention him yet.
I'm also not going to factor in Zack Smith wanting to play left wing yet either as it hasn't been approached or even decided.

My lines:
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Zibanejad - Chiasson
Greening - Smith - Neil
Hoffman - Legwand - Stone/Condra

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Phillips - Weircioch
(Gryba, Borowiecki)

Anderson
Lehner

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Lazar hasn't proved himself yet so I am not going to go ahead and mention him yet.
I'm also not going to factor in Zack Smith wanting to play left wing yet either as it hasn't been approached or even decided.

My lines:
Greening - Smith - Neil
Hoffman - Legwand - Stone/Condra

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Phillips - Weircioch
(Gryba, Borowiecki)

Anderson
Lehner

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Putting Smith LW for example on a Smith-Legwand-Stone line can allow us to re-unite Greening-Pageau-Condra as our 4th line :amazed:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
To Chicago: Neil, Hoffman & Pageau
To Ottawa: Bryan Bickle LW

To Buffalo: Greening, Condra & Prince
To Ottawa: Chris Stewart RW

Michalek - Legwand - Stewart
Z. Smith - Zibanejad - Stone
Bickle - Grant - Chiasson

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Smith - Legwand - Stone
Greening - Grant - Neil
x-Condra

Wild prediction: Grant earns a full time position. Lazar gets his trial run of 9 games, playing on the wing on the third line with Legwand and Stone. Pageau stays in the AHL until injuries hit.

Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Ceci
Cowen - Wiercioch
x-Gryba, Borowiecki

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
To Chicago: Neil, Hoffman & Pageau
To Ottawa: Bryan Bickle LW

To Buffalo: Greening, Condra & Prince
To Ottawa: Chris Stewart RW

Michalek - Legwand - Stewart
Z. Smith - Zibanejad - Stone
Bickle - Grant - Chiasson

First trade is horrible for us and second trade is good for us......I would rather have Greening than Bickell.

BigBush*

Bickell is garbage? He's been a beast in the playoffs the last two seasons. How is he garbage?

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Michalek-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Legwand-Chiasson
Greening-Smith-Neil

Cowen-Karlsson
Methot-Ceci
Phillips-Wiercioch

Anderson
Lehner

That's the lineup I expect by Halloween.

Othello*

Ryan Turris Stone
MacArther Zibanajad Chiasso
Hoffman Legwand Pageau/Lazar

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
Michalek-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Legwand-Chiasson
Greening-Smith-Neil

Cowen-Karlsson
Methot-Ceci
Phillips-Wiercioch

Anderson
Lehner

That's the lineup I expect by Halloween.

Do you have insider knowledge on Condra or Pageau being traded? Or Condra 13th forward and Pageau in bingo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad