GDT: 2014-15 Training Camp and Preseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just got back from the game. First thought: Noreau definitely deserves a spot on this team.

Sounds like he and Redmond really made their claims for that third pairing RHD spot. I expect Redmond to open the season there with norveau eating nachos and waiting for an injury to get his chance. Elliott gets waived with the hope he can land somewhere that'll give him some NHL time before waiving him again later in the year when we can re-pick him up and let him take that NHL experience to Lake Erie with him.

Left side seems pretty locked up with Hejda, Holden and Stuart. Gotta figure Wilson starts as the 4th LHD but if someone goes down for a long time I expect Siemens to get called up and given his chance after Wilson sucks it up for a few games.

I really can't wait until next season when I can say a UFA like Sekera or erhoff, Siemens or Bigras, and Holden are the three LHD who are locks for our top 6.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Sounds like there is at least something there with Rendulic and Everberg, which is encouraging. A year in the AHL will help determine if they can adopt to the North American game.

Also, watching my first game of the season. Caps-Sabres, which isn't all that exciting, but when you have abstinence you'll use whatever you can get your hands on.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sounds like there is at least something there with Rendulic and Everberg, which is encouraging. A year in the AHL will help determine if they can adopt to the North American game.

Can Chynoweth be trusted to develop them?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Sounds like he and Redmond really made their claims for that third pairing RHD spot. I expect Redmond to open the season there with norveau eating nachos and waiting for an injury to get his chance. Elliott gets waived with the hope he can land somewhere that'll give him some NHL time before waiving him again later in the year when we can re-pick him up and let him take that NHL experience to Lake Erie with him.

Left side seems pretty locked up with Hejda, Holden and Stuart. Gotta figure Wilson starts as the 4th LHD but if someone goes down for a long time I expect Siemens to get called up and given his chance after Wilson sucks it up for a few games.

I really can't wait until next season when I can say a UFA like Sekera or erhoff, Siemens or Bigras, and Holden are the three LHD who are locks for our top 6.

Yea, as it is it sounds like Guenin may miss out unless Wilson looks terrible. He's probably got a bit of an edge as a LHD, but Guenin may be kept to play his off side if he's that much better the rest of pre-season.

There may be a good battle the rest of the way between Redmond and Noreau as to who takes the #6 spot next to Holden.

Of course it's still early. Things flip flop every year it seems. Some guys that start off well end up falling apart, and some guys that haven't really impressed early just get stronger each game.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Found a video of the shootout.

Wow does Noreau have some good speed and hands. No wonder he's been impressing a bit.

Henley looked like dog**** skating with the puck. Not a good sign.

Bleacks with another snipe shot. Iginla 2.0? :sarcasm:

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
More thoughts:

-Really liked Everberg today, first time I've seen him play, he impressed me.

-Landy, Tangs, Mack have great chemistry. Tanguay still passes too much.

-Iggy, Duchene, ROR looked good together. Really excited about our top 6

-I really like Noreau and Redmond. Both easily deserve to make this team, especially over Wilson

-Carey was good today

-Berra was much better than last year. Also really impressed by Pickard and Will

-Rendulic clearly has potential, but isn't great defensively, and doesn't use his body enough(but he did have a hell of a hit in the 3rd)

-EJ had a bad game

-The PPs were really bad, had trouble getting into the zone a lot.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I've got video of the shootout from center ice. When I get home I'll post it. MacKinnons goal was nice and Bleackley's too.

Quick thoughts:

- Wilson was brutal.
- MacKinnons line looks anazing. Duchene's needs more time to gel
- I really like Everberg's game. He realizes he's bigger than everyone and goes to the net and is great in corners. He already plays a very NA game. He's much more ready for an NHL spot and I actually could see him pushing for one. Gotten better every day.
- Noreau is what we wish Elliott would be.
- Winchester took all the faceoffs today on a line with Cliche. I imagine he'll be at center. He and McLeod worked well together.
- Briere's line did nothing
- Hishon didn't do a whole lot today, IMO. Carey was surprisingly good.
- Guenin and Hejda played together and I had horrible flashbacks to the Hejda/ROB pairing. No puck moving ability and so slow.

Last edited:

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
I wish they would have used a compliance buyout on Wilson. Even if he finds his game again he will be injured immediately.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
We don't need the cap space, it doesn't matter.

I think it's time to let Wilson and Elliott go. We have better. There is no need to hold out hope they show up.

Also, Dater finally reports that Talbot had a badly injured shoulder during the playoffs.

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
At least three, probably four, pre-season matches will be broadcast. Last year no game was shown. It's better playing Canadian teams than Dallas and Phoenix.

Thursday 25th September in Montreal: RDS
Friday 26th September in Quebec: RDS, Altitude
Tuesday 30th September in Calgary: they normally stream games on their site
Saturday 4th October in Las Vegas: NHL Network

zingbo2133

Jun 11, 2009
London, Ontario
At least three, probably four, pre-season matches will be broadcast. Last year no game was shown. It's better playing Canadian teams than Dallas and Phoenix.

If I were to get centre ice through cable would the rds games be shown on there?

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I'm very excited to watch these preseason games. It's nice to get to watch a game without my chest pounding and purely to evaluate players.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Last time I remember watching a preseason was against Detroit coming out of the lockout.

If I were to get centre ice through cable would the rds games be shown on there?

WHen I had it a couple of years ago, they were blacked out.It might depend on your location... either way I'm sure you can find a stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad