GDT: 2014-15 Training Camp and Preseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Sounds like Will robbed Tanguay. I think Will is our dark horse. Maybe not to make the Avs but big plans for him.

I actually agree with this

@DrewSpevak: Avs 3rd line shaping up to be McGinn-Briere-Talbot, 4th line McLeod-Mitchell-Winchester. At least when McGinn and Mitchell get healthy

Also sounds like MacKinnon playing with a real edge. Interested to see if he can keep it up. If he can play that way without going over the edge and not taking away from his offensive talents.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Sounds like Rendulic got a talk about being more physical today if he wants to give himself a chance.

How's his defensive game, is it a possibility he makes the 4th line over Cliche?

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
@DrewSpevak: Avs 3rd line shaping up to be McGinn-Briere-Talbot, 4th line McLeod-Mitchell-Winchester. At least when McGinn and Mitchell get healthy

These lines are decent. But I'd prefer Hishon in instead of Talbot on 3rd line, and Talbot pushing out McLeod. Hishon seems to have the most skill of the bunch.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
These lines are decent. But I'd prefer Hishon in instead of Talbot on 3rd line, and Talbot pushing out McLeod. Hishon seems to have the most skill of the bunch.

That would be an awfully weak 3rd line, in both physicality and D-zone play.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Beaupre and Lauridsen sent to the AHL already.

Quite the disgrace in my book that these two didn't get a proper chance.

These guys sent down:
Gabriel Beaupre
Max Iafrate
Markus Lauridsen
Joey Leach
Marcus Power

Oliver Cooper
Duncan MacIntyre
Nick Magyar
Spencer Martin
Kyle Wood

Westlund

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The Colorado Avalanche announced Sunday that they had reassigned 11 players to reduce their preseason roster to 56.

Five players were reassigned to the American Hockey League training camp, with the Lake Erie Monsters: D Gabriel Beaupre, D Max Iafrate, D Markus Lauridsen, D Joey Leach and C Marcus Power.

Five others were reassigned to their respective major junior teams: LW Oliver Cooper (Saint John, Quebec Major Junior Hockey League), D Duncan MacIntyre (Cape Breton, QMJHL), RW Nick Magyar (Kichener, Ontario Hockey League), G Spencer Martin (Mississauga, OHL) and D Kyle Wood (North Bay, OHL)

Defenseman Wilhelm Westlund was reassigned to his European team, Hasten of Sweden.

The sad thing is I don't trust the DP because I haven't seen the Avs announce it. Hope they are not just assuming based on the b/w roster. Why wouldn't they send Pepin back too?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
The sad thing is I don't trust the DP because I haven't seen the Avs announce it. Hope they are not just assuming based on the b/w roster. Why wouldn't they send Pepin back too?

The DP is saying the Avs announced it.

I understand questioning the DP but when they say the Avs announced it I would think that it means the information is good.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Beaupre and Lauridsen sent to the AHL already.

Quite the disgrace in my book that these two didn't get a proper chance.

There's way too much competition for them to stick around, unfortunately.

The way I see it, besides the locks (EJ, Barrie, Stuart, Holden, Hejda and Redmond) there's still Guenin, Wilson and Elliott who have all accomplished more at the NHL level and are battling for the last 2 D spots.
Then we have the 3 young golden D; Bigras Siemens and Geertsen who are all going to be very solid contributors in the next couple of years. And then there's Noreau, Corbett and Gervais, who are all "Roy's guys" so it's pretty obvious why they're still around. Plus Noreau is also battling for a final roster spot (Which I bet he gets)

Stollery is the only one that I can see being swapped for one of Lauridson/Beaupre, but he does have a tiny bit of NHL experience, and despite his size, is more polished than the aforementioned two.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
That would be an awfully weak 3rd line, in both physicality and D-zone play.

McGinn would provide the physicality. Skill would be quite high for a 3rd line. Defensive play would be weak, certainly. Hishon could learn quick though.

The kid has to get his feet wet a bit. Talbot and Mitchell are not 3rd line players on good teams whereas Hishon is a wildcard. Could end up being a 2nd liner soon enough.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The DP is saying the Avs announced it.

I understand questioning the DP but when they say the Avs announced it I would think that it means the information is good.

The Avs haven't tweeted it and it's not on the website.

I agree, would be pretty poor to say they announced it when they haven't. I just distrust them so much I can't believe they have the information first.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Its on the site now

Ok good, sorry for the panic. I just really don't trust the DP to provide correct information.

So Pepin gets to stay for now. I guess no rush to return him as he can't play. Avs taking interesting approach with him spending time working with him.

Iafrate gets to go to Monsters camp instead of going to junior. He didn't look great defensively but was a bit better and physical in main camp.

Martin lasted longer last year. Have to wonder if he might not even get a contract next year.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Im pretty confident they're not gonna lie straight into our face.

and id say talbot and mitchel are pretty good third liners.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Maybe they've just seen enough from Martin to feel confortable about where he is and what he needs to keep working on, other guys needing more viewings/supervision/immediate-attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad