#70 Alexis Pepin, LW
#71 Borna Rendulic, RW
#73 Kenny Ryan, RW [Professional Tryout]
#74 Sami Aittokallio, G
#81 Tomas Vincour, W
#90 Ryan O'Reilly, LW/C
#92 Gabriel Landeskog, LW

CUT
#00 Maximilian Pajpach, G (-> Missing camp due to lower-body injury)
#47 Gabriel Beaupre, D (-> Lake Erie Monsters, AHL)
#50 Max Iafrate, D (-> Lake Erie Monsters, AHL)
#51 Markus Lauridsen, D (-> Lake Erie Monsters, AHL)
#54 Joey Leach, D (-> Lake Erie Monsters, AHL)
#59 Duncan MacIntyre, D (-> Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, LHJMQ)
#60 Spencer Martin, G (-> Mississauga Stealheads, OHL)
#61 Julien Nantel, C (-> Missing camp due to injury, was sent back to juniors)
#62 Kyle Wood, D (-> North Bay Battalion, OHL)
#64 Wilhelm Westlund, D (-> Vita Hästen, Allsvenskan)
#67 Nick Magyar, RW (-> Kitchener Rangers, OHL)
#68 Oliver Cooper, LW (-> Saint Johns Sea Dogs, LHJMQ)
#72 Marucs Powers, C (-> Lake Erie Monster, AHL)

PRINTABLE ROSTER
http://avalanche.nhl.com/v2/ext/Ava.../2014-15 Avalanche Training Camp Roster-1.pdf

PRESEASON
Monday - Sep 22nd [7:00pm MT]: Anaheim Ducks @ Colorado Avalanche *
Monday - Sep 22nd [8:00pm MT]: Colorado Avalanche @ Anaheim Ducks*
Thursday - Sep 25th [5:30pm MT]: Colorado Avalanche @ Canadiens de Montreal
Friday - Sep 26th [5:00pm MT]: Canadiens de Montreal vs Colorado Avalanche (IN Quebec City, QC)(Altitude TV)
Sunday - Sep 28th [6:00pm MT]: Calgary Flames @ Colorado Avalanche
Tuesday - Sep 30th [7:00pm MT]: Colorado Avalanche @ Calgary Flames
Thursday - Oct 2nd [7:00pm MT]: Los Angeles Kings vs Colorado Avalanche (IN Colorado Springs, CO)
Saturday - Oct 4th [8:00pm MT]: Colorado Avalanche vs Los Angeles Kings (IN Las Vegas, NV)

*= Spit squad game

Thursday 25th September in Montreal: RDS
Friday 26th September in Quebec: RDS, Altitude
Tuesday 30th September in Calgary: they normally stream games on their site
Saturday 4th October in Las Vegas: NHL Network

Last edited:

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
I just spent a whopping $12 on a pair of tickets to the Flames/Avs game in Calgary. Stoked! Even if it is only preseason.

CAF1837

Mar 7, 2006
www.avalanchedb.com
Alexis Pepin missed the start of the QMJHL season last night with a shoulder injury.
Julien Nantel, who scored in his season opener, did not play last night either due to an undisclosed injury.

Will be interesting to see if these two come to denver or not.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Marcus Power sent out a tweet yesterday saying he was Denver bound. I'm good friends with some of his real good friends and he's very excited about the opportunity.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
So the Avs first regular season game is against the Wild, and their first pre-season game is against the Ducks?

Either Bettman is an Av fan, or he's just evil.

giphy.gif

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Anyone planning on going to rookie/training camp and shooting video?

Last year the clips from Dario and others were awesome. Some of the best contributions to this board since I've been here.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Twenty teams have their rookies play in a rookie tournament before camp. It's a shame Avs aren't one of them.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I took some videos last year and will try to take a few more this year. I know last year I got a nice camp goal from O'Reilly and Duchene and some others I put up on YouTube. It's hard to take video and pay attention.

member 116861

I go back and forth on that because that likely would be it for most of them. They'd just play a tournament in Ontario or Michican and then go home. And none of us would ever get to see them.

We would get to see them play in the tournament which is better than not being able to see them in training camp.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
I just spent a whopping $12 on a pair of tickets to the Flames/Avs game in Calgary. Stoked! Even if it is only preseason.

Where? I looked on Ticketmaster and they were listing regular season prices.

Twenty teams have their rookies play in a rookie tournament before camp. It's a shame Avs aren't one of them.

Most likely our team would get destroyed.

Last edited by a moderator:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I took some videos last year and will try to take a few more this year. I know last year I got a nice camp goal from O'Reilly and Duchene and some others I put up on YouTube. It's hard to take video and pay attention.

It's actually impossible, a number of studies now showing that a person doesn't process or experience an event if they're busy filming it.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Wow playing a preseason in Quebec City with the Habs must be torture for the Nord fans who want their team back!

The only good point about all this is that we'll probably have those games on TV.
That's probably the only positive thing i can think of .

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Yea, absolutely. As someone who has worked with cameras a good portion of their lives, it's obvious to me how hard it is to sit down for training camp or a game situation and relax and enjoy yourself, and try to to film at the same time. It's more or less one or the other.

That's why I appreciate it so much as someone who lives outside of Denver and can't go. I know how much effort it takes to do something like that for the rest of us. I know I speak for the rest of us in saying that it's incredibly appreciated.

Not just because we're in the point of the year where we're incredibly hockey starved, but also because it involves rookies and new players in untested situations that most of us hockey fanatics are so curious about.

The bar isn't really set that high for anyone that's worried about filming stuff, it's all a very welcome site to see. Even if you don't film it all that well. Just setting the camera on a tripod stationary is great to see, and then you can enjoy yourself and pay attention.

Lots of people seem to want to pan or zoom too much, but during training camp most of the action is in one part of the ice, and for most of us that are more or less scouting things for our own enjoyment, we like to see the entire action, so if you just frame the whole half of the ice from the redline to the end boards and just let the camera run as long as possible during the action that should be great. Then you can just sit next to the camera and enjoy the action and hit the record button every now and then. No need to frame the puck carrier or anything. If you want to just leave the camera stationary, that's still great footage that's much appreciated!

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Not worth starting a separate thread for, Avs released a video from a road trip last spring.

[NHL]630480[/NHL]

Worth watching just for the soundtrack the first three minutes. It's like elevator music jam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad