GDT: 2014-15 Training Camp and Preseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'll post some tweets on here for those that don't want to get with modern times. :sarcasm:

Drew Spevak ‏@DrewSpevak 16s
C Colin Smith is a talented player but size is an issue with him. #Avalanche

Drew Spevak ‏@DrewSpevak 28s
Of the 3 goalies here at #Avalanche rookie camp, Spencer Martin has looked most impressive.

AJ Haefele @BaconCrush · 3m
Man alive Colin Smith can play. Lots of ability.

AJ Haefele @BaconCrush · 5m
Siemens, Bigras, Geertsen easily best D in that drill. Corbett also looked good in spots. Wood and iafrate not good at all

AJ Haefele @BaconCrush · 11m
Geertsen has improved his skating a lot.

AJ Haefele @BaconCrush · 17m
Henley consistently struggling to receive passes. Colin Smith looks real solid. Too bad he can't grow another 3 inches

AJ Haefele @BaconCrush · 23m
Bleackley is good man

AJ Haefele @BaconCrush · 32m
Rendulic Smith Bleackley Everberg looking good early. Love the way Rendulic skates

Angelique C. Murray @Jori5280 · 30m
Siemens shutting down Rendulic fairly effectively on the final one-on-one drill. Nice to see.

Angelique C. Murray @Jori5280 · 49m
Bleackley and Rendulic looking very sharp early on.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Austin Manak ‏@Cottstigan 26m
We'll see how Rendulic looks vs. the main boys, but the dude looks legit. Man among boys right now. Bigger than prior Euro Avs experiments.

member 116861

To be fair, Rendulic is like 10 years older than everyone there.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Keep the updates coming folks. Damn I wish Smith was 3 inches taller aswell haha

I hope Smith gets a chance at some point. Every time I hear something about him its about how talented he is, or how hard he works, or how he plays the game the right way etc. Kid seems like a winner to me, love to see him get a chance.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_26537192/conner-bleackley-among-avalanche-rookies-taking-ice-minicamp

The Post freaking sucks...

Avalanche first-round draft picks Duncan Siemens (2011) and Conner Bleackley (2014), plus the team's first selection in 2013, Chris Bigras, were among 28 players participating in Colorado's rookie camp Monday at Family Sports Center.

Ha! Yea, not like Chambers should know who their first pick in 2013 was. He's only a superstar in the making.

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
Ha! Yea, not like Chambers should know who their first pick in 2013 was. He's only a superstar in the making.

To be fair, Mackinnon had a very forgettable rookie season. Only broke one of Gretzky's records. I'd leave him out of articles too.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I love the positive reviews on Siemens/Bigras/Geertsen.

This, this, this! Especially Siemens. Was great to hear good things about Rendulic too, but those should be expected as he has been playing succesfully with men for a while already.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Keep the updates coming folks. Damn I wish Smith was 3 inches taller aswell haha

We would all like to add 3 inches. You just have to work with what you've been given.

Sounds like Smith is looking good.

I would hope that this is the season that Siemens really steps up in the AHL if he can stay healthy. Then next year makes them keep him on the big club. He looked efficient in the few games I saw or Erie last season.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think I have everyone but a smaller guy, wearing 10. Doesn't look familiar. Could that be Vincour?

I will say this before I write something proper. Geertsen is giving Siemens a run for his money in the nasty department.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think I have everyone but a smaller guy, wearing 10. Doesn't look familiar. Could that be Vincour?

I will say this before I write something proper. Geertsen is giving Siemens a run for his money in the nasty department.

Vincour isn't small so it wouldn't be him.

Geertsen is going to surprise a lot of people... I was saying this last year, but he might make Siemens expendable. Big, nasty, skating has gotten worlds better, and he is finding an offensive touch. He is going to have a breakout season in the WHL this year.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
Not worth starting a separate thread for, Avs released a video from a road trip last spring.

[NHL]630480[/NHL]

Worth watching just for the soundtrack the first three minutes. It's like elevator music jam.

They managed to cut all evidence of Stastny and Parenteau out of the video! :laugh:

Actually Stas can be seen walking by at the end but I don't think I ever saw PAP.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Thanks. I feel stupid but I can't see well :/. Guys I know are here are Agozzino (32 now), Carey, Sgarbossa, Stollery, Lauridsen, Maggio, Beaupre, Elliott, Picks and Sami. I don't think it's Hishon, I know what he looks like.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Just caught up on all the tweets and stuff from today's skate. I'm excited. Spencer Martin seems really eager to learn and get better. First goalie chosen by Roy/Allaire, first one on the ice, etc. it's not much but I'm thinking he'll be the first Avs goalie prospect that is treated properly during his full development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad