2014/15 trade discussion

Storm99

Oct 8, 2014
One would hope that the Soo changes Ritchie more than Ritchie changes the Soo. I think it will be a net-positive situation.

When I watch they Soo play Keefe seems to run a tight ship, You Don't see them taking dumb penalties

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Does anyone else feel like Barrie overpayed big time in their deal with Guelph?

Storm99

Oct 8, 2014
Mistele for

Ryan Moore
Gue's 4th Rnd '15
6th Rnd '16
4th Rnd '17
3rd Rnd '19
2nd Rnd '20

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Couple late deals

1. Sarnia deals a 7th in '17 to London for Josh De Farias

2. Three team deal:

Oshawa receives:

Matt Mistele

Windsor receives:

Chase Pearson

OSH 2nd rnd '21 (from OSH)

OSH 3rd rnd '18 (from OSH)

Plymouth receives:

Ryan Moore (from WSR)

GUE 4th '15 (from WSR)

OSH 6th rnd '16 (from OSH)

OSH 4th Rnd '17 (from OSH)

OSH 3rd Rnd '19 (from OSH)

OSH 2nd Rnd '20 (from OSH)

3. Peterborough sends Stephan Nosad to Barrie for a 10th in '16

4. Sarnia sends Vladislav Kodola to Saginaw for a 5th in '17

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
LOL way to soothe one fanbases ego by s**ting on the others. I'm sure that if any of the players you brought in in trades had issues you'd say that it's ok Smith or the leaders on the team will take care of that?

Come on man, I wasn't trying to dump on the Soo, I actually said I like your team and still do, just thought it was better set up pre deadline moves, that's all. The same can be said for Oshawa so we will just have to wait and see. I just wanted to tell him that just because Erie didn't go out and grab another starting goalie that it's not over already, still tons of hockey left to be played.

Regardless, I didn't mean to tear your team down and I am sorry for the way I put it out there, I could have said it in a better way, my apologies. But I still stand by my thoughts. Good luck to you guys the rest of the season and in the playoff's, it will be a ton of fun.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Come on man, I wasn't trying to dump on the Soo, I actually said I like your team and still do, just thought it was better set up pre deadline moves, that's all. The same can be said for Oshawa so we will just have to wait and see. I just wanted to tell him that just because Erie didn't go out and grab another starting goalie that it's not over already, still tons of hockey left to be played.

Regardless, I didn't mean to tear your team down and I am sorry for the way I put it out there, I could have said it in a better way, my apologies. But I still stand by my thoughts. Good luck to you guys the rest of the season and in the playoff's, it will be a ton of fun.

looking forward to our rematch in the OHL Finals ;)

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Deep down Gens fans are nervous of the Sault I think..

Not nervous at all my friend. You guys have a heck of a team, and so does Oshawa. I am an Oshawa fan yes, but I also am just a fan of the OHL in general and watch every team play, even when Oshawa is not involved. I want Oshawa to do as best as they can, which I believe this year could be an OHL title, but winning the East will be tough and is no guarantee, same goes for the Soo and Erie, on paper you guys are the top teams but they games and playoff series still need to be played.

I was just being honest in how I feel, I liked the make up of the Soo before the deals (really like the Bailey trade as I pointed out in my original post), but you still have a darn good squad. I watch every team play in this league live, so I feel I have a decent grasp on most players and I just gave my honest view on Ritchie, Boland and DeAngelo.

Oshawa may be in the same boat, we had a great makeup before and team chemistry was amazing, so who really knows how all of these moves will work out, hopefully for the best, but no guarantees.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
looking forward to our rematch in the OHL Finals ;)

I would love to see that, would be a battle of the ages I think. Honestly I'm extremely intrigued by your guys team now, especially with the moves that I've been critical of. I could look somewhat smart (not likely), or end up looking like a tool. I'll be the first to admit if I am wrong, which may very well happen. I don't mean any disrespect to you or other Hounds fans, you guys know your stuff.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
That was the worst navigation at the deadline I have seen in quite some time from an OHL GM. Take a bow Sherry Bassin. :shakehead

Agreed. Thought for sure that hot mess last night would have pushed him to make the necessary moves - shore up the D and G.

Time will tell I guess, but it's strange that they added so much offense (which wasn't/isn't their issue, IMO) and totally ignored the back end/goalie.

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
I agree, what an odd run to the deadline. I think both the Soo and Erie needed an upgrade in net and it is ironic that neither did. I think the favorite would have been the team that did fix goaltending if either team pulled it off. Weirdest chess match (intended or not) that I have seen between 2 favorite teams in a conference in a long time in any league.

I think the thing people talk about the most after the likely Erie Soo Western final will be the goaltending and the second guessing the losing team will be left doing when they watch the OHL final from home. I think "wasted opportunity" will be thrown around this site a lot in a few months.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
After the smoke has cleared, I think Oshawa has come out as the best team on paper, followed by the Soo, then a toss up between Erie and North Bay. Oshawa gave up so much for Mistele and Pedersen though, but then so did Barrie for Harpur and Baumann, NB for Moutrey and Erie for Elie and Marchment. Teams like Erie and the Soo who could use goalie upgrades wouldn't pony up for Jake Paterson however, which is the biggest shocker to me.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Trades

After the smoke has cleared, I think Oshawa has come out as the best team on paper, followed by the Soo, then a toss up between Erie and North Bay. Oshawa gave up so much for Mistele and Pedersen though, but then so did Barrie for Harpur and Baumann, NB for Moutrey and Erie for Elie and Marchment. Teams like Erie and the Soo who could use goalie upgrades wouldn't pony up for Jake Paterson however, which is the biggest shocker to me.

Solid post, agree with everything especially the Paterson comment, going to be at least 1 West conf team questioning themselves maybe 2 when this is all over

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Out of the Soo, Erie, Oshawa, Barrie and NorthBay i think goaltending goes to Smith. Then Blackwood followed by Williams. Oshawa and the Soo its a toss up. I think it was a big mistake for the Soo to not go after Paterson. Boland was not required in that deal to fill the last OA spot. I think the Soo could have picked up Jones from Plymouth for toughness and grit.

WJ

BSabres

Sep 24, 2013
Out of the Soo, Erie, Oshawa, Barrie and NorthBay i think goaltending goes to Smith. Then Blackwood followed by Williams. Oshawa and the Soo its a toss up. I think it was a big mistake for the Soo to not go after Paterson. Boland was not required in that deal to fill the last OA spot. I think the Soo could have picked up Jones from Plymouth for toughness and grit.

WJ

So not Appleby and his league leading 2.13 goals against??!!

Or his second in the OHL 0.922 save percentage?

BSabres

Sep 24, 2013
Hahhahaha nice.

I mean my God. The Gens don't have the scoring that a team like Erie or the Soo have but we have an excellent goaltender and a good, deep group of defenders. To rank those teams and have Oshawa possibly tied with the Soo for the bottom is one of the biggest jokes I've read on all of HF boards for a very long time.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Hahhahaha nice.

I mean my God. The Gens don't have the scoring that a team like Erie or the Soo have but we have an excellent goaltender and a good, deep group of defenders. To rank those teams and have Oshawa possibly tied with the Soo for the bottom is one of the biggest jokes I've read on all of HF boards for a very long time.

Appleby has 0 playoff experience. He will not contain the top teams. Sure its easy to beat up on Sudbury, Ottawa, Petes and Mississauga but wait til the top teams break through the defence now. I'm not sold on Statistics.

WJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad