2014/15 trade discussion

bidzey*

If they are awaiting final details then it is not done. just saying;)

depends who's saying it... if it's the media, and they were told it's a done deal, and told fine details will be given later... then it is a done deal.

noobie1

Oct 30, 2014
Tony Saxon @SaxonOnTheStorm · 2m 2 minutes ago
Confirmed: TO GUELPH: Garcia, Smith, 2nd (2017), 2nd (2018), 5th (2019) and a 10th.
TO BARRIE: Harpur, Bauman.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
A few seemingly solid trades for contenders, a few others that are leaving us shaking our heads and a few more not made that seem obvious.

Hopefully a few more to come.

Guess the report cards won't be complete til April/May

arsmaster*

Bassin's next 60 seconds will dictate the winner of the Memorial Cup!

Probably just the winner of the OHL.

I watch every league, and if Kelowna comes together like they should, it's going to be an epic battle.

Too bad the Q, gets two teams in the Cup.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Well erie just lost the west today

Wow not overblowing anything are we?? So by your judgement of the trade deadline either the Hounds or Generals should book hotel packages for Quebec City? There's still a whole 2nd half of a season to go....not to mention the playoffs. Nobody won or lost here today...or the last few weeks either. If anything some hurt feelings or some newly excited young men get a change of scenery. Let the games begin, again! Have fun there's still lots to go....remember enjoy the moment.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Wow not overblowing anything are we?? So by your judgement of the trade deadline either the Hounds or Generals should book hotel packages for Quebec City? There's still a whole 2nd half of a season to go....not to mention the playoffs. Nobody won or lost here today...or the last few weeks either. If anything some hurt feelings or some newly excited young men get a change of scenery. Let the games begin, again! Have fun there's still lots to go....remember enjoy the moment.

If you saw how much williams has struggled and has been bad all year you might agree. Have 0 faith he can even turn it around enough to be average

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Well erie just lost the west today

Don't get too worried buddy. You guys still have a great team and could go all of the way, just because the Soo made some big name deals doesn't mean they're in a better position. Both teams are very good but there are also other teams that could very well beat them.

I might be the only one who isn't impressed with the Soo pickups outside of Bailey, he is phenomenal. I've seen Ritchie and Boland play close to 20 games live this year and my stance is a team getting Ritchie, albeit a big name, comes with a big risk. Boland is nothing special and will struggle to find consistent ice in the Soo. DeAngelo is another big name guy with tons of offense, but his defensive game is non-existent and good teams will expose him. He will have to be paired with a good defensive partner to mask his mistakes and lack of effort in the defensive zone. Pairing him with Nurse makes the most sense.

I know it seems like I'm piling on the Soo hard but I do like their team and think they have what it takes, but I liked their team more before these deals. Too much big name recognition in my eyes. You could just tell from watching the Pete's play this year so much that they actually looked much better when Ritchie was out of the lineup, they seemed to adopt his lazy playing style and undisciplined play, which makes sense as he was one of their main leaders. Boland is a heart and soul guy with some good toughness but his actual game leaves a ton to be desired.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Don't get too worried buddy. You guys still have a great team and could go all of the way, just because the Soo made some big name deals doesn't mean they're in a better position. Both teams are very good but there are also other teams that could very well beat them.

I might be the only one who isn't impressed with the Soo pickups outside of Bailey, he is phenomenal. I've seen Ritchie and Boland play close to 20 games live this year and my stance is a team getting Ritchie, albeit a big name, comes with a big risk. Boland is nothing special and will struggle to find consistent ice in the Soo. DeAngelo is another big name guy with tons of offense, but his defensive game is non-existent and good teams will expose him. He will have to be paired with a good defensive partner to mask his mistakes and lack of effort in the defensive zone. Pairing him with Nurse makes the most sense.

I know it seems like I'm piling on the Soo hard but I do like their team and think they have what it takes, but I liked their team more before these deals. Too much big name recognition in my eyes. You could just tell from watching the Pete's play this year so much that they actually looked much better when Ritchie was out of the lineup, they seemed to adopt his lazy playing style and undisciplined play, which makes sense as he was one of their main leaders. Boland is a heart and soul guy with some good toughness but his actual game leaves a ton to be desired.

One would hope that the Soo changes Ritchie more than Ritchie changes the Soo. I think it will be a net-positive situation.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo

LOL way to soothe one fanbases ego by s**ting on the others. I'm sure that if any of the players you brought in in trades had issues you'd say that it's ok Smith or the leaders on the team will take care of that?

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
One would hope that the Soo changes Ritchie more than Ritchie changes the Soo. I think it will be a net-positive situation.

Just look at the careers of first Gaudet last year and Dupuy this year and let THEM tell you what coach Keefe has done for them and their careers. Gaudet just got a call up to the Coyotes....a little less than 2 years from playing Junior B???

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
I think that the team would have done their due diligence on all the players, by talking with others and even former teammates. Nurse just played with Ritchie in the worlds and DeAngelo is a former teammate of both Moore and Hore so i'm sure it was discussed first!

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON

Deep down Gens fans are nervous of the Sault I think..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad