2014/15 trade discussion

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
OHL trading has always interested me ; especially the ones including players possibly leaving at years end.

Junior hockey takes good timing as a GM to make the push and not set yourself back.

In saying that who are targeted players and who should be ready to make that push?

Going through some interesting players:
Nick Ritchie (Petes)
Carter Verhaeghe (Ice Dogs)
Josh Ho-Sang (Spitfires)*
Robby Fabbri (Storm)*
Goalies(?)
Dmen(?)

*Not sure if these would be available ; but they may be smart to optimize value for the future.

Possible teams:
Erie Otters (will make a go for it trade)
SSM Greyhounds
Oshawa Generals
London Knights (when don't they?)

Needs?(someone can help me here)
Erie:
Would be nice to see a big time winger added.
Oshawa:
A high profile Dman is always a need.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Baptiste is a glaring trade target. I think Erie should (and probably will) go after him.

Paterson and Hope are the big goalie targets, it can be tricky for some teams though as they are OA's.

Dmen I'm not quite sure. I expect Genovese to be available when Wigle is healthy but he's not really a huge target. bottom four dman who can PK and add some toughness.

If Niagara continues to struggle there could be a few guys there on D who could be dealt. Sudbury too.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Baptiste from Sudbury intrigues me a lot. And not like Sudbury is going for it all this year so they likely look to rebuild through some trades this year

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
Fun thread.

I'd add Baptiste, Hope, and Paterson as very likely to be traded. I think Petes/Niagara/Guelph will wait another month before determining direction. All 3 teams have been rumoured to be buying up to this point, though that could change in a month if Niagara/Petes/Guelph don't pick it up before WJC's. I agree that Niagara should auction Verhaeghe given the heavy 96/97 content indicating a run next year. I'd be shocked if Guelph sold though.

I also think DeAngelo will be moved. I would add Plymouth to the surefire list of buyers, regardless of record. With it surely being Campagna's final year and likely Milano's too (who would have an NTC anyway), Plymouth pretty much has to buy, not to mention their quest of establishing immediate financial stability.

If Horvat returns (>50%, IMO), London won't shop for a high-end forward. The top-6 is the strength of the team, and the 3rd line would be above average. A depth forward with size is conceivable given London's collective lack of size. London probably won't be on the market for a Defenceman either, due to over-saturation. London's 3-8 D (by icetime) are Jamieson, Mete, Crawley, Martenet, Gleason, and Nother. Icetime for those 6 is one of this season's emphases, and 1 or 2 are already scratched each game. Many fans actually want to move Mermis to pave more ice for the Young 6 and many believe Mermis isn't an upgrade over them anyway. That won't happen though. Despite good goaltending this campaign, London's most likely purchase would be a starting goalie, with rookie Parsons as back-up. They fell short in the inconclusive Hope sweepstakes, but who knows if interest can be rekindled at the right price. Paterson is likely out of London's price range as London only has 1 2nd and 1 3rd to offer in the form of picks.

Summarily, I'd say:
1. Starting goalie
2. Depth forward with size
3. Nothing

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I would add Jimmy Lodge to this list. Saginaw looks to be rebuilding, Lodge is 19 and in most likely his final year. He has regained his scoring touch that evaded him last. He would probably be a good buy low candidate as compared to other star quality players.

hfp

Jul 30, 2009
SSM
Paterson to Soo.
Overheard a conversation at game with a gentleman sitting with him , he had pointed to Paterson and said this is your goalie next week or something like that. I am 98 percent sure that's what I heard and saw ...

I think Grasskamp / 2nd for Paterson would be good enough. Imo. Maybe a later conditional or something

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Apparently Paterson is getting dealt sooner rather then later according to twitter.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
OHL trading has always interested me ; especially the ones including players possibly leaving at years end.

Junior hockey takes good timing as a GM to make the push and not set yourself back.

In saying that who are targeted players and who should be ready to make that push?

Going through some interesting players:
Nick Ritchie (Petes)
Carter Verhaeghe (Ice Dogs)
Josh Ho-Sang (Spitfires)*
Robby Fabbri (Storm)*
Goalies(?)
Dmen(?)

*Not sure if these would be available ; but they may be smart to optimize value for the future.

Possible teams:
Erie Otters (will make a go for it trade)
SSM Greyhounds
Oshawa Generals
London Knights (when don't they?)

Needs?(someone can help me here)
Erie:
Would be nice to see a big time winger added.
Oshawa:
A high profile Dman is always a need.

Nick Ritchie will not be traded. The Petes are a better team since they obtained Matthew Mancina.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
IMO, the Petes will look to add an impact defenseman before the trade deadline. Likely looking to use guys such as Smith, Lizotte, Nosad and the bundle of 2nd round picks they have as trade bait.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Would be interesting if the Storm continue to struggle. A lot of 19 year old talent on the roster + Fabbri. Dickinson, Harpur and Bertuzzi could fetch a decent amount.

FireBenning*

Corbett.Pancel.Baptiste.Silk will all be on the block as well

Hockeyfriend

Nov 8, 2011
Can't see Corbett or Silk but Pancel and Baptiste for sure.

COrbett to assist with the young back end and Silk is loved by management and coaches and believe they want him to finish his OHL career as a Wolve.

dcook872

Mar 23, 2014
Something is going on in Windsor. Warren Rychel has been at the last two Steelheads' games. I don't who is watching, but apparently some of his scouting staff was with him today.

Chico Maki

Oct 27, 2014
He will probably be looking at either hooking Day or McLead for Hop-Sang. He already has Brown, Stanley and Kirwan and making a bid for Mem Cup in two years.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Rangers need to shop Bailey. They aren't going anywhere this year and with next year being a target year, they need to turn Bailey into assets to aid with that run.

Bailey won't be returned as an OA and would bring a bounty in trade.

The problem is that we have a lame duck coach/GM duo who may feel the need to have some playoff success this year to aid in getting their contracts extended. They are both in the 2nd year of their 2 year deals. Keeping Bailey, and maybe even becoming buyers at the deadline, may be a direction they'd want to go in.

jpc7734

Sep 26, 2012
East Avenue
He will probably be looking at either hooking Day or McLead for Hop-Sang. He already has Brown, Stanley and Kirwan and making a bid for Mem Cup in two years.

Day hasn't been in the line up last few games, he's in Sarnia with u17 if he is checking out a steelhead it ain't Day.

hfp

Jul 30, 2009
SSM
Apparently Paterson is getting dealt sooner rather then later according to twitter.

Yeas exactly.

Ask for Ho Sang he's the one guy I wish Soo would try to get ...... Honestly he would fit in seamlessly and plays this style of hockey. Just makes sense but I'm not the GM for a reason lol

mesh

Jan 17, 2012
availability

who is available for trade on kingston or ottawa

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Lemcke, Laishram, Hicks, Marchment are others off the top of my head who aren't being moved anytime in the foreseeable future.

Nobody will want Ming or Collela. Heffernan and Crammer could be on the block. Thats about it I think. Petti has looked good this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad