Proposal: 2014-15 Season Trade Rumours/Proposals thread vol. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Would LA take wiercioch + greener for anything?

Probably not. Salary cap would be a big roadblock.

Given LA's ability to draft in the second round however, we should back the asset truck up for Valentin Zykov because he'll likely be an amazing under the radar type pick until he hits his stride.

Recent second rounders for LA include Toffoli, Clifford, Voynov, Simmonds, and of course: Oscar Moller. :)

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
thanks. This was more along the lines of what i was thinking

That's why I wrote in my post it's not like the Oilers need prospects or pick... Aka Wiercioch as they already have a plethora of prospects. They need established players and not 3rd liners and 3 rd pairing Dmen.. That's why it's not logic ...

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
That's why I wrote in my post it's not like the Oilers need prospects or pick... Aka Wiercioch as they already have a plethora of prospects. They need established players and not 3rd liners and 3 rd pairing Dmen.. That's why it's not logic ...

the oilers need everything, saying otherwise is just wrong. i mean there is a chance wiercoch can be a top 4 defenceman on the oilers right now(especially since he is a LD) and thats sad, but that is his projection also so it can easily be worth the trade and see if he works out. Honestly what risk is their because at worst he is similar in skill level to aulie (who is in your top 4 right now) but he has a much larger upside

smith is a good pker and is good when he plays C both places where oilers have a need, im not saying he will be a 2C im saying a solid defensive center will definitely help a team that isnt the greatest in terms of penalty killing and last in terms of goals against, saying a good defensive player wont help...im not sure what to say to that

picks and prospects are there to balance value but its not like they are the main pieces in the offer. maybe someone offers a 1 for 1 deal for perron with good value but those trades are rare. if he gets traded it would be in a similar deal to another team (doesnt have to be this offer just saying it will be something similar)

BigBush*

ya its likely not going to happen, but i dont see any good centers available. I dont see Perron returning all that great of a player seeing as how he has another year left on his contract. I guess well see how desperate they get

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Weren't there rumours from management that they were working on a trade during the off season that we as fan's would least expect? Obviously nothing came to fruition but does anyone know the story behind that?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Weren't there rumours from management that they were working on a trade during the off season that we as fan's would least expect? Obviously nothing came to fruition but does anyone know the story behind that?

Yea, was supposed to be for a top winger but never worked cause Murray's sickness interfered I believe. Still trying to make the deal too since they stalled on a player. Remember Ryan deal took over a year+. Although it could be out of the picture with sudden emergence of Hoffman.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
The Oilers have a history of valuing their own players far too highly so that's why they don't make many deals. They are going to want value for Perron as if he was scoring like he was last year and they aren't going to get it.

I like watching them suffer after having all those high picks and their fan proclaiming that they would be the next Cup dynasty.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Yea, was supposed to be for a top winger but never worked cause Murray's sickness interfered I believe. Still trying to make the deal too since they stalled on a player. Remember Ryan deal took over a year+. Although it could be out of the picture with sudden emergence of Hoffman.

No mention or idea on who or which team?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
As part of a package I think they'd listen. Probably need to add, but everyone here is crying Methot is a No1. Getting a(nother) No1 D in LA would interest them I think.
I've never seen anyone say this

The package would have to include Lazar and cap dump coming to Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad