2014-15 Season Trade Rumours/Proposals thread vol. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
If you can use Smith+Gryba+somthing or Smith+Methot+something to upgrade our defence after that Greening trade that makes us a more balanced team

Do the Greening trade mentioned above then say Smith+Gryba+spec for Schultz out of Edmonton or Smith+Gryba for Petry I would do both trades then easily. Gryba has been playing great but it adds more mobility to our defence

Petry I could possibly get behind, but not Schultz. He's been terrible defensively. He would make our D even worst.

Actually thinking about it, not sure Petry is an improvement enough on Gryba. He's been solid.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Then there is no point in trading him. Even a low pick is a good pick for Greening. We are trying to get roster flexibility here, not really trying to get a top pick.

No point in trading him?

We are paying him over 2 million dollars to practice with the team?

:facepalm:

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Petry I could possibly get behind, but not Schultz. He's been terrible defensively. He would make our D even worst.

Actually thinking about it, not sure Petry is an improvement enough on Gryba. He's been solid.

I would consider Petry to be a decent upgrade over Gryba plus that trade actually gives us more flexibility since both Smith and Gryba are signed for next year so it free up money and roster spots for next season which we can use in terms of resignings or going for an FA

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

Michalek gets change of scenery, plays with his brother, probably gets a twirl with Vermette once in a while.

Smith is a centre with a bit of a mean streak. Could be their 3rdC. certainly add to this group's bottom 6/8

Mikkel Boedker - Antoine Vermette - Shane Doan

Lauri Korpikoski - Max Domi - Sam Gagner

Martin Erat - Martin Hanzal - David Moss

Brandon McMillan - Joe Vitale - Kyle Chipchura

Rob Klinkhammer - B.J. Crombeen

BigBush*

I would consider Petry to be a decent upgrade over Gryba plus that trade actually gives us more flexibility since both Smith and Gryba are signed for next year so it free up money and roster spots for next season which we can use in terms of resignings or going for an FA

Keep Gryba. He's better at logging tough minutes and on the PK. No point in giving up assets for Petry.

I wanted Petry before until I watched several Oiler games, he's nothing special.

I'd keep the bruising physical Gryba

BigBush*

Michalek gets change of scenery, plays with his brother, probably gets a twirl with Vermette once in a while.

Smith is a centre with a bit of a mean streak. Could be their 3rdC. certainly add to this group's bottom 6/8

Mikkel Boedker - Antoine Vermette - Shane Doan

Lauri Korpikoski - Max Domi - Sam Gagner

Martin Erat - Martin Hanzal - David Moss

Brandon McMillan - Joe Vitale - Kyle Chipchura

Rob Klinkhammer - B.J. Crombeen
That's an awful trade for a good prospect in Samuelsson. ARZ can afford to be patient this year in regards to scoring as they have Samuelsson and Domi who should make the team next year.
I have heard though that there's a chance they package Yandle

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
If you can use Smith+Gryba+somthing or Smith+Methot+something to upgrade our defence after that Greening trade that makes us a more balanced team

Do the Greening trade mentioned above then say Smith+Gryba+spec for Schultz out of Edmonton or Smith+Gryba for Petry I would do both trades then easily. Gryba has been playing great but it adds more mobility to our defence

Gryba won't be moved unless we get a RD back. When Methot is back we still only have 3 RD. Too many LD.

BigBush*

They are not going to trade Yandle unless he wants out

He's their best player and probably the next captain

OEL is still their best player and future despite not having a great start.
Anyways that's what my buddy told me what he thinks is going to happen, who's dad is part of the ownership of ARZ, but take it with A BIG grain of salt

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
That's an awful trade for a good prospect in Samuelsson. ARZ can afford to be patient this year in regards to scoring as they have Samuelsson and Domi who should make the team next year.
I have heard though that there's a chance they package Yandle

Answers their need this year - Smith is a centre and easily better than their 3 & 4 and Michalek needs a fresh start to find his game and with his brother on the roster would fit right in..

Samuelsson is two years away and would help us at that point.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
OEL is still their best player and future despite not having a great start.
Anyways that's what my buddy told me what he thinks is going to happen, who's dad is part of the ownership of ARZ, but take it with A BIG grain of salt

The Coyotes fans on HF haven't been overly impressed by OEL this year and all say that Yandle is the best player on the team this year

BigBush*

The Coyotes fans on HF haven't been overly impressed by OEL this year and all say that Yandle is the best player on the team this year

Yup fans on hf gonna be fans on hf.

But there's a coach whose memory reaches back 4 seasons, not 15 games.

Not saying Yandle isn't a great player and won't be resigned, but I'd bet for sure OEL is their next captain

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Agreed.

If we make any kind of move to bring in a warm body, that player has to be young enough to sync with the rest of the team. We don't need to bring in a guy who's prime years ended 5 years ago, where the rest of the core/future core's primes are 3-5 years down the road.

While having a good, solid veteran presence is important for the kids, paying 6-9 million for that is waaaaaaay too much.

Well said. :handclap:

There's a reason why so many other fan bases try to add Zibby into trade proposals. The kid is oozing with dreamy potential. Big, strong, decent hands, great shot, pretty good skater, can play a power game......kid has tons of tools.

We need patience, especially considering the unusual health problems and summertime downtime he's had recently.

Ditto again. He is very young, plays a decent defensive game and has offensive potential. Give him more time. BUT, if we could get someone who is very good/better in the future, I would trade him, as I would any player. I don't want old guys over 30! It all depends on what you get back.

BigBush*

I feel like because of the simple game Boro plays he could potentially play right as well if there is an injury.

That would probably happen if a RD gets hurt, but doesn't make Gryba expendable

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Gryba won't be moved unless we get a RD back. When Methot is back we still only have 3 RD. Too many LD.

I'm fairly certain Petry is a Rd and while plus minus isn't the best indicator he is only a - 8 infront of crappy goaltending and is playing in their top 4 so I really do think him as a #5/6 for us would be an upgrade

Role with
Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Ceci
Phillips-Petry
Boro

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Yup fans on hf gonna be fans on hf.

But there's a coach whose memory reaches back 4 seasons, not 15 games.

Not saying Yandle isn't a great player and won't be resigned, but I'd bet for sure OEL is their next captain

Oel also wasnt good last year. He's so overrated, he's a top 20-30 dman but not top 10 by any means.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
No point in trading him?

We are paying him over 2 million dollars to practice with the team?

:facepalm:

Well, you suggested getting a contract back for Greening. Unless the guy is an upgrade on one of our starting forwards, then yes there is no point. Don't think we can actually do that with Greening as one of the pieces going out.

I think BM's number one priority is to get some wiggle room on the roster by moving Greening for pick(s).

BigBush*

Oel also wasnt good last year. He's so overrated, he's a top 20-30 dman but not top 10 by any means.

Ya I've never been overly impressed with him when I've watched him, although I really only watched him in the Olympics (aside from the odd Coyotes game here and there), but he fell in the doghouse quickly and did not look good beside EK.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Well, you suggested getting a contract back for Greening. Unless the guy is an upgrade on one of our starting forwards, then yes there is no point. Don't think we can actually do that with Greening as one of the pieces going out.

I think BM's number one priority is to get some wiggle room on the roster by moving Greening for pick(s).

Well the little information we have is that Murray is looking for a player in return for Greening, not picks

JGP isn't going to be used as a winger and Puempel and Prince are staying in the AHL

I have no idea how you think Berglund wouldn't be an upgrade over Smith or Michalek or that getting another good solid vet might not help with roster flexibility

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Greening to Pittsburgh could make a lot of sense for this year but his contract extension kicking in this year might be a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad