2014-15 Season Trade Rumours/Proposals thread vol. I

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
Lazar is the type of player you win Cups with, Eberle is a nice complementary piece to a Cup contender.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Yea, Zibanejad/Lazar would be going back.

I'd try to make another package like Methot+Smith+Chiasson instead.

Lazar, Eberle, Turris, MacArthur, Stone, Ryan = a team that never gives up in any playoff series, a la LA Kings.

I'd think long and hard at Zibanejad for Eberle swap, depending on what manangement think Lazar could end up becoming. Although you'd assume the main reason we get Eberle is to play RW alongside Zibanejad, they'd form a lethal combo.

MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Ryan-Zibanejad-Eberle

Last edited:

BigBush*

Yea, Zibanejad/Lazar would be going back.

I'd try to make another package like Methot+Smith+Chiasson instead.

Lazar, Eberle, Turris, MacArthur, Stone, Ryan = a team that never gives up in any playoff series, a la LA Kings.

I'd think long and hard at Zibanejad for Eberle swap, depending on what manangement think Lazar could end up becoming. Although you'd assume the main reason we get Eberle is to play RW alongside Zibanejad, they'd form a lethal combo.

MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Ryan-Zibanejad-Eberle

I think you're highly over valuing Eberle. Swapping him with Chiasson would not all of a sudden make Ottawa's top 6 deadly.
Top 4 Dman is far more important than a small skilled RW

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I think you're highly over valuing Eberle. Swapping him with Chiasson would not all of a sudden make Ottawa's top 6 deadly.
Top 4 Dman is far more important than a small skilled RW

Eberle would absolutely make our top 6 deadly.

The guy is a proven 30+ 70+ player in this league. He scored 28 and 65 last year on terrible Oiler team. He was on pace for 30 in lock-out year.

The best part is he's ONLY 24!!! And he did that with struggling center.

MacArthur= 50
Ryan= 50/60
Eberle= 60+
Stone= 40-50

That's easy playoff winger production and I'm being conservative.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
It comes up all the time but extra pieces do not bring back legit top 6 F or top 4 D. Never happens. Its like trying to sell your garbage

not necessarily it really depends on how other teams view our players, worst case you can trade some of these players individually for draft picks and package some of our draft picks for prospects

smith for a 2nd/3rd+prospect
greening for anything really
condra for a late pick
gryba for a mid round pick
wiercioch/cowen for a 2nd/3rd+prospect

that restocks us in terms of draft picks. we can always trade a prospect or two along with one of our 2nds/ maybe our 1st for a forward and the same thing with our other 2nd/maybe our first for a defenceman

so technically we can sell our garbage and get our good forward and defenceman

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Eberle would absolutely make our top 6 deadly.

The guy is a proven 30+ 70+ player in this league. He scored 28 and 65 last year on terrible Oiler team. He was on pace for 30 in lock-out year.

The best part is he's ONLY 24!!! And he did that with struggling center.

MacArthur= 50
Ryan= 50/60
Eberle= 60+
Stone= 40-50

That's easy playoff winger production and I'm being conservative.

Trading Methot, Chiasson and Smith for Eberle would instantly make us a weaker team and a lot weaker. Early in the season we don't feel the liability that our defense is. We need Methot badly, and Karlsson needs Methot. Don't get me wrong, Karlsson has been nothing but unimpressive this past 5 games and good thing Phillips has really stepped up because we really are weak on defense.

Anderson and Lehner have been nothing but extraordinary at this point, we can't count on them to stop 40 shots per night for the season. We need methot to stabilize our defense and make us a better team as a whole. Chiasson is playing good at this point, he just needs to pot one to get him going but he does things right and plays hard on the boards.

Eberle is a good player but the problem we have is we can't take 40+ shots per game and we need Methot , and even another top 4 defensemen, so trading arguably our best defensemen( being a true defensemen) would be a huge mistake.

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
Any trade we make (now or in the near future) must bolster our defence, period. We are set at forward.

We have no problem filling in forwards, especially with the talent pool this team has up front. Pageau and Puempel are hammering on the door while Robinson may start kicking it down. Who knows what Prince will evolve into (trade or as an active player), never mind future picks and prospects.

All trades possess risk, just as prospects do in a different manner. At least they cost nothing in assets, are inexpensive, and have the intangible benefit of being VERY hungry to make the team increasing their competitiveness.

Any trade we do should be about locking down a core we revolve other supporting players around that can contend for the cup annually.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Eberle would be a nice offensive boost, but the guy is horrid defensively. Soft and a 1-way guy.

What we really need is a top 4 D, but we really don't have the pieces to get one. And no, moving the 2015 first, Lazar, Zibby, Methot** or Chiasson should be off the table.

**unless management truly believes his back issues will always be a problem

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Eberle would be a nice offensive boost, but the guy is horrid defensively. Soft and a 1-way guy.

What we really need is a top 4 D, but we really don't have the pieces to get one. And no, moving the 2015 first, Lazar, Zibby, Methot** or Chiasson should be off the table.

**unless management truly believes his back issues will always be a problem

I don't think back issues ever go away, it's just a matter of how well the team and Methot manages it.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Any trade we make (now or in the near future) must bolster our defence, period. We are set at forward.

We have no problem filling in forwards, especially with the talent pool this team has up front. Pageau and Puempel are hammering on the door while Robinson may start kicking it down. Who knows what Prince will evolve into (trade or as an active player), never mind future picks and prospects.

All trades possess risk, just as prospects do in a different manner. At least they cost nothing in assets, are inexpensive, and have the intangible benefit of being VERY hungry to make the team increasing their competitiveness.

Any trade we do should be about locking down a core we revolve other supporting players around that can contend for the cup annually.

We're not set at forward but the biggest improvement we can make to the team (realistically) is to get another defenceman who can play 20+ minutes a night and be good at defending/breaking-out.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We're not set at forward but the biggest improvement we can make to the team (realistically) is to get another defenceman who can play 20+ minutes a night and be good at defending/breaking-out.

probably 25 other teams looking for the exact same thing...

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
So lets put the theoretical package of Zibanejad, Weircioch & Prince out there. Who do we expect back for that? We could upgrade with swapping in Cowen.

Can we get Gormley + or Petry + for that. Who is the guy we want to target. I like Josi and Reinhart, maybe Merrill as younger guys. Carolina, Buffalo won't sell off their youth.

Getting a solid guy like Yandle would solidify our group as well.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So lets put the theoretical package of Zibanejad, Weircioch & Prince out there. Who do we expect back for that? We could upgrade with swapping in Cowen.

Can we get Gormley + or Petry + for that. Who is the guy we want to target. I like Josi and Reinhart, maybe Merrill as younger guys. Carolina, Buffalo won't sell off their youth.

Getting a solid guy like Yandle would solidify our group as well.

Are you being serious? Zib by himself would get Gormley ++ and Petry ++.

All the guys you are asking for aside from Josi are not worth close to that package.

The over-reaction to 5 games is outstading

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Are you being serious? Zib by himself would get Gormley ++ and Petry ++.

All the guys you are asking for aside from Josi are not worth close to that package.

The over-reaction to 5 games is outstading

If its too light, then who would you expect.

I'd be happy to lighten the roster and pick up Josi or Gormley ++. Add in their 1st if you like. We need better quality and more space for the people coming (Puempel, Pageau, etc). Nothing to do with reaction to any game.

Given the package, who do you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad