2014-15 Season Trade Rumours/Proposals thread vol. I

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don't think Eberle is much of an upgrade over Chiasson or Stone, even without considering the ridiculous difference in cap hits.
But I'm a big fan of two way players with high hockey IQ and physical play then purely skilled guys like Eberle.
if Ottawa felt they needed a top 3 defenseman, they should trade the package you mentioned without trading for Eberle.

Ottawa needs another game breaker upfront Eberle's production against first line competition in the West is outstanding. His cap hit is very reasonable how many 70 point players do you think are out there exactly?

He is surely better than Chiasson or Stone.

If he can be acquired it should be done. If Ottawa adds Eberle and Methot to this lineup without giving up any thing of significance they are a way better team.

BigBush*

Ottawa needs another game breaker upfront Eberle's production against first line competition in the West is outstanding. His cap hit is very reasonable how many 70 point players do you think are out there exactly?

If he can be acquired it should be done. If Ottawa adds Eberle and Methot to this lineup without giving up any thing of significance they are a way better team.

Meh maybe. But not sure how Erbele would be required without giving up something significant (I consider Stone+ and Chiasson+ significant).
He is a game breaker but has always lacked on the defensive side of the game, something Ottawa is trying to move away from. For that reason I'd only seem him as a good fit on Mac-Turris line, but we already have Ryan or Stone there.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
would love stewart but we are 4-1 and methot isn't back yet so no point making a move yet

I doubt we make a larger move in the near future like an eberle or stewart. More like more weirchioch for something minor or Greening

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Id like to grab a player like Matt Read from the Flyers
Read and Turris ripped it up together on team canada

Mac Turris Read
Ryan Zibanejad Chiasson
Hoffman Lazar Stone
Smith Legwand Neil

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Id like to grab a player like Matt Read from the Flyers
Read and Turris ripped it up together on team canada

Mac Turris Read
Ryan Zibanejad Chiasson
Hoffman Lazar Stone
Smith Legwand Neil

he is untouchable in Philly

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
can't wait for meth to come back to see what murray does. lazar isn't getting sent down, neither is ceci. i doubt anything happens to Condra because he's like the perfect 13th forward. someone is getting traded/being put on waivers for sure, and that someone is on a one way.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
can't wait for meth to come back to see what murray does. lazar isn't getting sent down, neither is ceci. i doubt anything happens to Condra because he's like the perfect 13th forward. someone is getting traded/being put on waivers for sure, and that someone is on a one way.

Please not Hoffman, please not Hoffman

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
There is no choice that makes sense other than Greening. The guy is basically benched already despite his salary so obviously hes pretty low on the depth chart. Could even see h going to Bingo as they're paying him for nothing as it is.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
There is no choice that makes sense other than Greening. The guy is basically benched already despite his salary so obviously hes pretty low on the depth chart. Could even see h going to Bingo as they're paying him for nothing as it is.

Greening would be the most ideal to go, but Condra is not far behind. Only difference is we can move Condra and retain an asset (every draft pick is coveted by this organization)

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

:laugh:

This guy is awesome! He's a 70 point player who gets the toughest matchups!

Let's trade for him and not give Edmonton anything good in return!

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Greening would be the most ideal to go, but Condra is not far behind. Only difference is we can move Condra and retain an asset (every draft pick is coveted by this organization)

I would agree but I think he'll be around until they let him walk next summer. Condra is at least cheap and useful which makes him the perfect 13th forward.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
I would agree but I think he'll be around until they let him walk next summer. Condra is at least cheap and useful which makes him the perfect 13th forward.

If they can move Greening, I completely agree, but id rather lose Condra for something (even a 7th) than Hoffman for nothing.

BigBush*

Right now I am sure Murray is trying to trade a player with a 1-way contract for picks/prospects to make room for Methot

Wierchioch for a 3rd
Condra for a 4th
Greening for anything

If a trade cant be made the obvious decision would be put Greening on waivers. I am a little afraid they may make a decision based on the budget and give Condra away for free (waivers or a very late draft pick) and let Greening be the 13th forward

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Eberle would probably the cheapest top liner you'll be able to get in a while. He's soft but ridiculously clutch and can hit PPG for sure. Him+Ryan+MacArthur+Chiasson/Stone would be a contending winger group.

Methot++ for the guy.

Then package Chiasson/Stone+ prospect for a top 4 defender.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Eberle would probably the cheapest top liner you'll be able to get in a while. He's soft but ridiculously clutch and can hit PPG for sure. Him+Ryan+MacArthur+Chiasson/Stone would be a contending winger group.

Methot++ for the guy.

Then package Chiasson/Stone+ prospect for a top 4 defender.

I'd rather have Chia or Stone to be honest.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Our forwards are fine, especially if Zibanejad starts performing which is still likely: him having a hard time as a top 6 player at 21 years old is perfectly normal

I don't understand why so many seem to want to trade for forwards

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Our forwards are fine but we can bring in an elite talent. A 30-40 goal smart hockey player who is ridiculous in the clutch. Those are the guys you pay a premium for but we could get him for much cheaper than that.

I'm not trying to get more forwards, I'm trying to upgrade BIG TIME on our forward position.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
eberle was clutch in the distant past, and I don't know if he can be a ppg player again, but indeed it's probably the cheapest bet to get a top line player

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Lazar + Cowen + Greening for Eberle + Petry

MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Ryan - Zibanejad - Eberle
Michalek - Legwand - Chiasson
Smith - Pageau - Neil
Condra

Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Ceci
Borowiecki - Petry
Wiercioch, Gryba

Anderson
Lehner

Damn that is a good looking lineup.

Might have to add a bit more on our side to get both Eberle and Petry, but it would be worth it, as that lineup looks playoff bound for sure.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011

Smith - Pageau - Neil
Condra

Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Ceci
Borowiecki - Petry
Wiercioch, Gryba

Anderson
Lehner

Might have to add a bit more on our side to get both Eberle and Petry, but it would be worth it, as that lineup looks playoff bound for sure.

Value's not bad, maybe even slightly in the Sen's favor, but I don't think Lazar will be dealt. If for any reason he was dealt it would be in a package for a young top four defenseman,

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Edmonton is cursed i tells ya! Dont want any players to bring the curse here. No reason to sink away assets for something we dont need. Save up and hopefully we can find a top 4 left hand dmen or a LW power forwards. Best case senario is we trade out some froward prospects with NHL potential for some d prospects with NHL potential. AHL defense is horrible and our NHL defense is questionable. We have no one coming to help on defense and we have no space for many of our NHL forward prospects

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Smith - Pageau - Neil
Condra

Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Ceci
Borowiecki - Petry
Wiercioch, Gryba

Anderson
Lehner

Not with that defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad