2014-15 Season Trade Rumours/Proposals thread vol. I

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
To Buffalo: Wiercioch LD, Hoffman LW & Condra RW (approx. $4 mil)
To Ottawa: Chris Stewart RW (approx. $4.15 mil)
- three players who Ottawa doesn't really need for a power forward with a questionable work ethic & commitment. I read that Stewart has been really working hard this past summer to get back into the best shape of his playing career.
- give up speed in Hoffman for size & toughness in Stewart
- may be an overpayment by Ottawa but the return could be worth it for both sides.
- this could be Ottawa's biggest team ever, maybe even the NHL's biggest team?

1A. Ryan - Legwand - Stewart - 3 former 50 pt players
1B. MacArthur - Turris - Stone - Stone has fit in well with these two
1C. Michalek - Zibanejad - Chiasson - these three also seem like a good fit together
4. Greening - Z. Smith - Robinson/Neil - Neil becomes the 13th forward/enforcer
- if Ryan decides to bolt, Ottawa can always slot Puempel into his spot

1. Methot - Karlsson - hopefully these two return to Norris form
2. Cowen - Ceci - they are young but have tremendous potential
3. Boroweicki - Gryba/Phillips - Boro brings an element of toughness to the blueline

1. Anderson - should be interesting if he can hold off Lehner this yr
2. Lehner - does Lehner have what it takes to take the job away from Anderson this yr.

Last edited by a moderator:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I dont see Ryan succeeding with Legwand I see him succeeding with Zibanejad instead. Also Stewart is the last person you'd want here. I want Kane or Sharp.

Sharp/Kane-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone

drools everywhere.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
To Buffalo: Wiercioch LD, Hoffman LW & Condra RW (approx. $4 mil)
To Ottawa: Chris Stewart RW (approx. $4.15 mil)
- three players who Ottawa doesn't really need for a power forward with a questionable work ethic & commitment. I read that Stewart has been really working hard this past summer to get back into the best shape of his playing career.
- give up speed in Hoffman for size & toughness in Stewart
- may be an overpayment by Ottawa but the return could be worth it for both sides.
- this could be Ottawa's biggest team ever, maybe even the NHL's biggest team?

Blech. This team is not fast by any means and you want to get slower?

Karlsson2Turris*

I dont see Ryan succeeding with Legwand I see him succeeding with Zibanejad instead. Also Stewart is the last person you'd want here. I want Kane or Sharp.

Sharp/Kane-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone

drools everywhere.

Doubt we still have Zibanejad if we trade for Kane. We would have to start with Zibanejad and then add. I personally wouldn't do that if I was BM.

Kane is at at best a 30-30 guy in a good year. I think Zibby can become that in a couple years + he's a center.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Am I the only one with no interest in Stewart?

There are a lot of people that do not like him, there are just as many that do.
The reason he gets mentioned so much is because we know Murray went after him before and could still be in the market for him.

Wiercioch, Prince and Condra is fair.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Am I the only one with no interest in Stewart?

I have no interest in paying what Tim Murray wants in return for Stewart.

If we could get him on the cheap, I wouldn't totally be against it. My issue is more with the fact that we already have 3rd line wingers to play 3rd line minutes. He's kind of redundant (unless Chiasson somehow poops the bed in his time as a Senator, or we get hit with some injury issues, etc...), and trading away cost-controlled youth with NHL potential for an expiring $4.2mil redundant piece doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Like... if we can get him for the same price we got Hemsky for? It's be hard to say no to that based solely on a potential "insanely low risk/high reward" payoff.

That being said, Murray is an NHL GM and I'm not, so if he thinks there's a chance we could not only get the original "Chris Strewart: Avalanche Edition" back (instead of the current sequel that's in theatres - "Chris Stewart II: The Hunt For Lost Skill"), but also sign him to an extension so he's not a pure rental, then I wouldn't be altogether against the idea.

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I have no interest in paying for Stewarts next contract if he came here and had a good year, nor would I like watching him walk away to a bloated contract if he didn't play well because surely someone would still give him a stupid UFA contract

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I have no interest in paying for Stewarts next contract if he came here and had a good year, nor would I like watching him walk away to a bloated contract if he didn't play well because surely someone would still give him a stupid UFA contract

Yep. Fair points here.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
if you go after stewart, you just need to outbid other teams since he'll be shopped, so without knowing other team's eventual offers, who knows what he'll be worth

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
TO ARI: Methot, M. Michalek,, 3rd

TO OTT: Vermette, Z.Michalek

We get Vermette back to help with the development of the young players, as well as Milan's bro who can fill him in with playing/living in Ottawa and bolster our D Corps

Mac Turris Ry Guy
Vermette Zibanejad Chaisson
Greening Legwand Hoffman
Condra Smith Neil

Cowen Karlsson
Ceci Z.Michalek
Phillips Gryba

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I'm not expecting any meaningful trades until the Ryan situation is resolved.

(Excluding an extra body for a later pick or AHL swap.)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The Sens need to get faster, not slower. I'd rather see what our Bingo kids can do with a legitimate chance to earn a spot on the roster over making any moves at this point....especially for guys who are nearing their UFA years. We don't need to go through that headache again next summer.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Bobby Ryan + Mark Borowiecki
for
Wayne Simmonds + L. Schenn + 2nd

Flip Schenn to either the Jets or the Isle for a 3rd

Condra + Prince + Wiercioch for Stewart

With Simmonds on the team Stewart would probably re-sign at a discount. BFF's and all. This clears our log jam at D, allows Claesson to be first call up. Frees up some spots for call ups at forward too for Puempel, Lazar, Pageau etc.

FORWARDS
Clarke MacArthur ($3.250m) / Kyle Turris ($3.500m) / Mark Stone ($0.603m)
Chris Stewart ($4.150m) / David Legwand ($3.000m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Milan Michalek ($4.000m) / Mika Zibanejad ($0.894m) / Alex Chiasson ($0.867m)
Colin Greening ($2.650m) / Zack Smith ($1.888m) / Chris Neil ($1.900m)
DEFENSEMEN
Marc Methot ($3.000m) / Erik Karlsson ($6.500m)
Chris Phillips ($2.500m) / Cody Ceci ($0.894m)
Jared Cowen ($3.100m) / Eric Gryba ($1.250m)
GOALTENDERS
Craig Anderson ($3.188m)
Robin Lehner ($2.225m)
BONUS OVERAGE
$0
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $53,333,333; BONUSES: $1,628,333
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $15,666,667

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I would be interested in Ellis as a RD - or if we are going to package our prospects, that we have spent years grooming and are just now rounding into something, then let's look at Sharp out of Chicago.

And some of Neil, Greening and Condra have to go the other way.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
TO ARI: Methot, M. Michalek,, 3rd

TO OTT: Vermette, Z.Michalek

We get Vermette back to help with the development of the young players, as well as Milan's bro who can fill him in with playing/living in Ottawa and bolster our D Corps

Mac Turris Ry Guy
Vermette Zibanejad Chaisson
Greening Legwand Hoffman
Condra Smith Neil

Cowen Karlsson
Ceci Z.Michalek
Phillips Gryba

Not really interested in this deal but I would probably be on board with bringing back Vermette if he makes it to FA next year.

Only problem is he might block Puempel if he is ready & earns an NHL spot.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
Bobby Ryan + Mark Borowiecki
for
Wayne Simmonds + L. Schenn + 2nd

Flip Schenn to either the Jets or the Isle for a 3rd

Condra + Prince + Wiercioch for Stewart

With Simmonds on the team Stewart would probably re-sign at a discount. BFF's and all. This clears our log jam at D, allows Claesson to be first call up. Frees up some spots for call ups at forward too for Puempel, Lazar, Pageau etc.

Flyers Fans will argue that Wayne Simmonds is already just as good as Bobby plus he's got more grit. Simmonds will probably hit 30 goals this year and his contract is amazing. less than 4 mil for the next 5 years. No chance they make the trade.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Flyers Fans will argue that Wayne Simmonds is already just as good as Bobby plus he's got more grit. Simmonds will probably hit 30 goals this year and his contract is amazing. less than 4 mil for the next 5 years. No chance they make the trade.

The Flyers are in a world of hurt cap-wise. From what I can see, they need to trim almost $5 million before opening night. Am I wrong on that? If this is the case, then there should be a huge fire sale brewing there soon...

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
The Flyers are in a world of hurt cap-wise. From what I can see, they need to trim almost $5 million before opening night. Am I wrong on that? If this is the case, then there should be a huge fire sale brewing there soon...

There is 0% chance Simmonds is included in any fire sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad