Salary Cap: 2014-15 Roster building thread - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintLouHaintBlue

Have another donut
Feb 22, 2014
Michigan
I see my long exile hasn't changed the negative, dangerous involuntary physical reaction I get every time I read that ****ing guy's name.

To be honest, the fact that Adams got so much playing time was Bylsma's fault - not Adams.
You could certainly explore a trade (and take whatever you can get) - but I don't see the point of buying him out.
I have nothing personal against him, and I wouldn't be frustrated if he was a health scratch 80% of the time, for one season.

Michael8771*

Trade Neal, go ahead but you better get back a sure 50 goals from the trade. If not, why risk a sure 40 goals out of Neal if he is on Sid's or Geno's wing.
Letang should be traded before Neal. I agree, Neal is almost impossible to replace. He's what we need, not someone we should give up. Well, Unless E.Kane is coming back.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Seeing as though they are basically all gone, I can say for a fact that the Penguins past regime:

Loved Harrington and Letang.

Had a trade already lined up to move Martin if they signed Suter.

Hated Tangradi's attitude

Thought Pouliot, when drafted, was nothing like Letang.

Were very low on Niskanen and high on Engelland(High as in, he was a great 5/6 Dman)(This was two years ago and they brought Engelland up through the system.)

Thought Crosby needed speed,speed,speed on his line. That is why Dupuis was always there and why Gibbons was there as well. "Had to keep up with Crosby, who else are you going to pick besides Pascal?"

Ray and Dan were not buddy/buddy. That is why I find it funny that some outlets say "Ray will bring Dan where ever he goes". Not exactly true.

Thought Jordan was showing off in the Philly series instead of playing defense to get paid. Already cashed out.

juicy tidbits like this are only allowed to be posted if accompanied by some Simon Despres gossip

SherogoesHAM

Apr 6, 2012
Why'd he bring him back after 2 embarrassing playoff series then?

Well, I can tell you as far as I know(I only know so much) that the Philly series was blamed heavily on Fleury and Staal. The quote I heard was "What team is going to win when a goalie has a .83 save %?"

Michael8771*

To be honest, the fact that Adams got so much playing time was Bylsma's fault - not Adams.
You could certainly explore a trade (and take whatever you can get) - but I don't see the point of buying him out.
I have nothing personal against him, and I wouldn't be frustrated if he was a health scratch 80% of the time, for one season.
He could be a throw in in a trade.

Michael8771*

I mean - that's okay to get him off the roster, if such a trade ends up working out.
I don't think it's necessary to buy him out. If we can't toss him into a trade, make him a healthy scratch for a year. And then he is free to go.
I'd rather trade him, get rid of DB's pet, as well as save a little bit on the salary cap. I don't want to buy him out, just get rid of him via a bigger trade. I can see that happening.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010

It's more than just his playing time.

I just can't stand that he was made to feel like he had an important voice in the room even though he was next to useless no matter how much or little ice time he got.

The reason to buy him out is to simply not have him on the roster anymore. They have 2 buyouts available to them and since they're not going to use them on any big money players, they may as well get rid of SOME of the dead weight.

If that piece of **** is still on the roster come October, to me it'll be as if NOTHING has changed.

Dominic Moore, Dan Boyle and Mike Brown should be targets for the bottom six.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Well, I can tell you as far as I know(I only know so much) that the Philly series was blamed heavily on Fleury and Staal. The quote I heard was "What team is going to win when a goalie has a .83 save %?"

What was the explanation for literally scoring 2 goals in an entire playoff series?

Fleury wasn't the starter and Staal didn't even play.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
It's more than just his playing time.

I just can't stand that he was made to feel like he had an important voice in the room even though he was next to useless no matter how much or little ice time he got.

The reason to buy him out is to simply not have him on the roster anymore. They have 2 buyouts available to them and since they're not going to use them on any big money players, they may as well get rid of SOME of the dead weight.

If that piece of **** is still on the roster come October, to me it'll be as if NOTHING has changed.

Dominic Moore, Dan Boyle and Mike Brown should be targets for the bottom six.

Adams can't get a CBO. I don't want the guy either but with the cap it's probably wise to keep him as the 13th/14th forward and hope he hardly ever plays.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
That's a pretty bad deal for the Pens. Pavelski vs Letang is a wash. So you are asking for Despres AND Bennett for Demers. Does that seem reasonable to you?

That was my reaction as well. I'd personally rather have Despres than Demers, and including Bennett just makes it really bad for us.

penguins2946*

A bottom-6 of:

Bennett-Sutter-Dupuis
Boyle-Goc-Megna

Is my dream that will never happen. That's likely around $5.5 million for the 4th line and $7.75 million for the 3rd line.

Michael8771*

Benoit Pouliot wouldn't be a bad depth player either. If I remember correctly he wanted us to draft him in 05. Obviously we got Sid, but I like his game.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Thought Jordan was showing off in the Philly series instead of playing defense to get paid. Already cashed out.

I thought the same thing ... only not so much for a payday as much as he just didn't want to be the shutdown guy, he wanted to be the goal scoring guy.

Why'd he bring him back after 2 embarrassing playoff series then?

I wonder how much of that had to do with Team USA.

juicy tidbits like this are only allowed to be posted if accompanied by some Simon Despres gossip

Personally, I always wondered if his fall from favor was a combination of two things ... first being that hit on Sid in the pre-season and the second being that he would try to make the smart play even if it was at direct odds with what the coaching staff wanted.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I thought the same thing ... only not so much for a payday as much as he just didn't want to be the shutdown guy, he wanted to be the goal scoring guy.

I wonder how much of that had to do with Team USA.

Personally, I always wondered if his fall from favor was a combination of two things ... first being that hit on Sid in the pre-season and the second being that he would try to make the smart play even if it was at direct odds with what the coaching staff wanted.

Well, can you ask SheroGoesHAM, since he has me blocked?!?!?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
REALTLALK. we all know Shero goes ham, but does he go 'chipped ham' or does he go 'chipped, chopped ham'

asking as someone who isn't inanimately familiar with ham nuances.

went chipped chopped until 3 weeks ago.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Well, can you ask SheroGoesHAM, since he has me blocked?!?!?

It was really only this last season that Despres was getting royally screwed ... he was at least getting the occasional kiss before then, so maybe he doesn't have an answer for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA