Salary Cap: 2014-15 Roster-building Thread IV | All UFA/trade talk, speculation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguins2946*

Fleury basically has the options of going to bottom feeders (Buffalo and Edmonton), going to a team that hasn't been in the playoffs since 2006 (Jets) or maybe a team that has been suspect defensively (Capitals, but I think they re-sign Holtby because he's better). So it's take less money and term to stay in Pittsburgh (or it should be) or go get term and money from a completely ass team.

It's kinda funny, because Niemi is in the same boat for next summer. Potential buy low candidate? I'd guess a lot of goalies would take less money to play for Pittsburgh instead of Winnipeg, Edmonton or Buffalo.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
Well, he took us to two cup finals. Also his last post season was pretty good. And the Boston series the year before was more about our inability to score than MAF necessarily soiling the bed. The Flyers series he was terrible no doubt. And again, I'm not clamoring to keep him. I just don't see any alternative available that's conclusively better. Who would you prefer?

This is a good one.

First of all, his last post season was average. Maybe 'good' by Fleury standards, but average by normal standards. He also had some embarassing moments as well - such as the near disaster against Columbus. He managed to finally win a playoff series after some 4 or 5 straight losses.. so kudos there i guess.

The Boston series is a good point, except Vokoun was in net because Fleury nearly blew the series vs the Isles. Coincidentally that is the furthest the Pens have gotten in the playoffs since their cup.

So we are basically banking all of this on Fleury being able to beat the Columbus Blue Jackets (a feat he tried hard not to accomplish).

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Fleury basically has the options of going to bottom feeders (Buffalo and Edmonton), going to a team that hasn't been in the playoffs since 2006 (Jets) or maybe a team that has been suspect defensively (Capitals, but I think they re-sign Holtby because he's better). So it's take less money and term to stay in Pittsburgh (or it should be) or go get term and money from a completely ass team.
The fact that Fleury isn't good enough to take any starting goaltending job (besides the 2 worst teams in the league) says it all.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010

It's kinda funny, because Niemi is in the same boat for next summer. Potential buy low candidate? I'd guess a lot of goalies would take less money to play for Pittsburgh instead of Winnipeg, Edmonton or Buffalo.

Maybe he should join the old gang in Washington for a little reunion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad