Pre-Game Talk: 2014-15 Playoffs - ECSF: Montreal Canadiens vs Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Well, definitely don't have to manufacture any bad blood between fanbases. That seems to already exist in spades.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
I don't think any series can be perfectly clean (something will happen that will be interpreted differently by both sides and have us at each other's throats, lol), but here's hoping it's a good one with both teams at their best, Habs fan. :)

As for parking, there's several lots around the area that you should be able to pull up to. You can also buy passes online in advance.

http://www.tampagov.net/parking/programs/event-parking

http://www.amaliearena.com/plan-your-visit/parking

Thank u so much for ur response!

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
There is some chatter about the G3/G4 back-to-back scenario taking place. It's legitimate discussion. However, consider the following points:

1) Both teams are playing back-to-back, so it's not like Tampa is disadvantaged.

2) While Montreal isn't exactly an old team, the Lightning have one of the youngest teams in the league. In a scenario where both teams are skating back-to-back, I'll take Tampa's skaters to be fresher on the back-end.

3) This isn't both games in Montreal, or one here and one there; both these games are in Tampa. This is advantage Tampa Bay.

I know where the key disadvantage might be - Carey Price is likelier to perform well on straight nights than Ben Bishop (though I think it's high damn time Bishop starts getting due accolades for being one of the better goaltenders in the NHL; not being Carey Price is not an insult). And, although this isn't going to happen, I'll tell you what would be one nifty scenario to try if you feared Bishop on straight nights - Vasi in Game 3, Bishop in Game 4. Give the younger goalie the fresher skaters; let a rested Bishop take Game 4. I'd prefer that over the opposite.

(That being said, Roli started both games in an identical scenario in 2011 vs. Washington, and starting Bishop both games is the right call here, so that's what I expect.)

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
From round 1.
16934276287_defc21e460_o.gif

Now, Round 2

17121277367_ba6b4a55fd_o_d.gif

Last edited:

JS91

May 14, 2014
We should totally start Drouin in this series, he scored like 25% of his goals against this team. He would also give us more options to solve Price + he's rested.
Anyways, this time I actually think we should be able to win this series. We outclass them in everywhere except in the net and that is the big thing. If Bishop starts letting in floaters and Price goes in full godmode we might just lose this very quickly.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
We should totally start Drouin in this series, he scored like 25% of his goals against this team. He would also give us more options to solve Price + he's rested.
Anyways, this time I actually think we should be able to win this series. We outclass them in everywhere except in the net and that is the big thing. If Bishop starts letting in floaters and Price goes in full godmode we might just lose this very quickly.

LOL. If ever there were a case to be made for "small sample size" it's Jo's goal total...

I do agree about starting him though. Not because of his goal scoring against this team, but because he's fresh and fast. We need to rest legs of some of the big minute eaters from Round 1.

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
LOL. If ever there were a case to be made for "small sample size" it's Jo's goal total...

I do agree about starting him though. Not because of his goal scoring against this team, but because he's fresh and fast. We need to rest legs of some of the big minute eaters from Round 1.

And he loves playing in Montreal. Always shows up big when we play there

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Will we even seen Drouin at all in this series? I'm a little annoyed by Cooper being so stubborn. If our PP is still garbage (and we don't score much at E.S.) after games 1 & 2 and we don't see Drouin in the line-up, I'll be very displeased.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Sens fan here, wishing Tampa Bay luck in this series. If your guys deny them the stretch pass/cherry-picking transition that they run and screen Price while on offense, then you should take this series. Go Bolts.

Selyanin

#StammerTime
May 2, 2014
The North
Huge win. Bish was awesome this game other than that one goal making huge gamesavers. Also love the physicality Coburn is showing.

Still wating Stammer to score.

Last edited:

LightningStrikeAgain

Apr 27, 2015
Great win tonight from the boys! Like i said after the detroit series are team has improved more then words can do justice. The confidence and space that we have matching up vs montreal i feel very good about this matchup going forward. my perfect world id love to see this lineup because stammer needs a skill player to carry the puck and use his speed to play his sniper role and start lighting up the score sheet. Standclose isnt having luck and you could see many times in game 1 hed carry the puck in by himself and try and make a move along the boards and either lose it or just dump it in with no help. Drouin and his playmaking and puck skills will bring out the best in steven just watch that first goal they had together on that give and go when he first got called up.

drouin - Stammer - callahan
palat - tyjo - kuch
killorn - flip - vladdy
morrow - boyle - brown

even better would be palat with stammer and drouin! i think it was in boston that palat played with stammer and kicked that pass along the boards right to him but had great chemistry when they where playing together for that short period of time. I would like to see with the preseason success vladdy back with kuch using there speed and tyjo

drouin - stammer - palat
kuch - tyjo - vladdy
killorn - flip - callahan
morrow - boyle - brown

pac man would be in for morrow forgot him!

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Just have to say, plenty of time and opportunity for someone else to be a hero. Don't look back but ahead of what can be done.

That is my message to guys on this team who have yet to make that great play or score a goal in the playoffs.

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
Great win from Ottawa - glad to see the BS karma from our series turn against Montreal in yours. Keep it up. Hoping to see some more Pre-K meltdowns, and hoping Stammer can heat up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad